Summer 2013 OVA/Movie Preview

solidbatman

I promised this a while back, but forgot to do it. So now, here I am, doing an OVA/Movie run down. Hope you enjoy!

Movies

49993.jpg

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. The Movie

Air Date: 8/31/2013

Genre: Drama, SoL

Official Site

Plot Summary: A retelling of the AnoHana TV series from Menma's point of view.

49399.jpg

Hakuouki Movie 1: Kyoto Ranbu

Air Date: 8/24/2013

Genre: Action, Drama, Historical

Official Site

Plot Summary: The first part of the Hakuouki movies, based off the television series, Hakuouki.

44886.jpg

Kaze Tachinu

Air Date: 7/20/2013

Genre: Drama, Historical, Romance

Official Site

Plot Summary: Original work honoring Jirou Horikoshi and Tatsuo Hori.

Hayao Miyazaki's 2009 manga mini-series Kaze Tachinu focuses on Jirou Horikoshi, the designer of Japan's famed Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighter plane of World War II. Tatsuo Hori's 1936–37 novelette Kaze Tachinu follows the tentative relationship between a male narrator and Setsuko who suffers from encroaching tuberculosis.

46549.jpg

Hal

Air Date: 6/8/2013 (Already Premiered)

Genre: Romance

Official Site

Plot Summary: The happy life of Kurumi and Hal suddenly ended by a plane accident. In order to recover her willpower to live, the android Q01 was provided as "robot Hal". During her life with the robot Hal, Kurumi gradually opens her mind to the android but...

51913.jpg

Short Peace

Genre: Drama, Sci-fi

Official Site

Plot Summary:A project made up of multiple movies. (I actually can't quite figure out what this is, so if anyone wants to do some digging for me?)

36301.jpg

Saint Seiya

Air Date: 7/??/2013

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-fi

Official Site

Plot Summary:A CG anime to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Saint Seiya series.

51943.jpg

Fate/Zero Cafe

Air Date: 7/13/2013 (Already Premiered)

Genre: Comedy

Official Site

Plot Summary:The story re-imagines the cast of the Fate/Zero as cute super-deformed characters who open a café, led by Saber as the manager.

OVA/ONA/Special

51167.jpg

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.

Air Date: 8/18/2013

Genre: Boring annoying tsundere trash, comedy (eh?), SoL

Official Site

Plot Summary:The final three episodes of the enthralling OreImo saga

28569.jpg

Ah! My Goddess (2011)

Air Date: 8/23/2013 (First two OVAs are out)

Genre: Comedy, Magic, Romance

Official Site

Plot Summary: 3 episode OVA bundled with volumes 42, 43, and 46 of the manga

47627.jpg

Listen to Me Girls, I'm Your Father

Air Date: 6/26/2013 (Released)

Genre: Comedy, SoL, Romance

Official Site

Plot Summary: Limited Edition episode bundled with the 13th light novel volume

49411.jpg

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

Air Date: 7/24/2013

Genre: Horror

Official Site

Plot Summary:4 episode OVA based off the Corpse Party game/VN

33465.jpg

Mirai Nikki: Redial

Air Date: 6/19/2013 (Released)

Genre: Action, Suspense

Official Site

Plot Summary:Single episode OVA bundled with the Mirai Nikki Redial manga (unable to find subs)

45220.jpg

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: Tonari no Gokudou-kun

Air Date: 8/12/2013

Genre: Comedy, Romance, SoL

Official Site

Plot Summary:Single episode OVA bundled with the 12th volume of the manga. Adaptation of a radio drama episode.

44618.jpg

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? OVA

Genre: Fantasy

Official Site

Plot Summary:Single episode OVA bundled with the 8th volume of the light novel

midani.jpg

The Midnight Animals

Air Date: 8/??/2013

Genre: Action, Supernatural

Official Site

Plot Summary: The story is set in Savannah's 2nd district, where diva-like animals gather in the dead of night to wax poetic about topics that transcend gender.

47535.jpg

Little Busters! OVA

Air Date: 8/28/2013

Genre: Comedy, SoL, Romance

Official Site

Plot Summary: Special, unaired episode of Little Busters! sent to those who bought every volume of the anime. The story covers "Mask the Saito".

47771.jpg

Tamako Market 'Occhoko Choi-chan'

Air Date: 8/21/2013

Genre: SoL, Comedy

Official Site

Plot Summary: Special episode shorts. Episodes 4-6 will focus on Choi-chan

51509.jpg

Suisei no Gargantia Special

Air Date: 8/28/2013

Genre: Action, Mecha, Sci-fi

Official Site

Plot Summary: Unaired 14th episode bundled with volume 1 of the Blu-ray/DVD release

47407.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden

Air Date: 7/26/2013

Genre: Action, Drama, Sci-fi

Official Site

Plot Summary: This project will recompile the television series (from the Asemu arc onward) to focus on the characters Asemu Asuno and Zeheart Galette.

48799.jpg

Yowamushi Pedal OVA

Air Date: 8/8/2013 (A TV series is also coming in October)

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Sports

Official Site

Plot Summary: Sakamichi Onoda is an otaku who just wants to find more people to join the recently disbanded anime club with him. However, when a couple cyclists spy his skill in riding the bulky mamachari bike he's had since youth, they attempt to convince him to join the bicycle racing club instead.

43771.jpg

Ro-Kyu-Bu!: Tomoka no Ichigo Sundae

Air Date: 6/20/2013 (Released)

Genre: Lolis playing basketball

Official Site

Plot Summary: Special bundled with the PSP game,Ro-Kyu-Bu!: Himitsu no Otoshimono.

45222.jpg

Sukitte Ii na yo. OVA

Air Date: 7/24/2013

Genre: Romance

Official Site

Plot Summary: Special episode bundled with the 14th volume of the manga

I'm so fucking hyped for Kaze Tachinu.

Seems like Miyazaki took lessons from Ponyo, since from what people who saw the premieres tell, it's definitely an adult Ghibli. Kids found it boring, adults found it great.

This aside, I heard a few things here and there: Mamoru Hosoda seems to have twitted that this was one of the best movie he had ever seen, and for the first time Miyazaki himself cried during the first projection of his movie.

Updated with OVAs and Special episodes. Hope someone finds something good to watch.

I'm so fucking hyped for Kaze Tachinu. Seems like Miyazaki took lessons from Ponyo, since from what people who saw the premieres tell, it's definitely an adult Ghibli. Kids found it boring, adults found it great. This aside, I heard a few things here and there: Mamoru Hosoda seems to have twitted that this was one of the best movie he had ever seen, and for the first time Miyazaki himself cried during the first projection of his movie.

I have never actually seen a Ghibli film to my knowledge.

/me disappointed. I suggest you watch Kaze no Tabi no Nausicaa, Mononoke Hime, Laputa and Sen to Chihiro, at the very least. Those are probably among the best animation movies ever.

Hal already got a movie and corpse party is getting an OVA? aahh i didn't know this, ive been reading the hal manga and was looking forward to new CP ova's, thanks so much for sharing this! :lol:

edit:

Single episode OVA bundled with the Mirai Nikki Redial manga (unable to find subs)

actually found it on nyaa! its the only subbed one ive found so far, its been out for a while but looks like major subs groups aren't very interested in subbing it :(

Hal already got a movie and corpse party is getting an OVA? aahh i didn't know this, ive been reading the hal manga and was looking forward to new CP ova's, thanks so much for sharing this! :lol:/>

The Hal movie sounds pretty interesting. I'm really hyped for the Corpse Party OVAs. I'm curious as to how much they are adapting for it.

Updated with OVAs and Special episodes. Hope someone finds something good to watch.

... I dont know what to say to that. You sir, are missing out on so much greatness, you seriously need to GO NOW!! Every Movie they made is epic.

I recommend in no certain order...

Kiki's Delivery Service

Spirited Away

Howl's Moving Castle

Tales from Earthsea

From Up on Poppy Hill

GO NOW!!

... I dont know what to say to that. You sir, are missing out on so much greatness, you seriously need to GO NOW!! Every Movie they made is epic.

I recommend in no certain order...

Kiki's Delivery Service

Spirited Away

Howl's Moving Castle

Tales from Earthsea

From Up on Poppy Hill

GO NOW!!

I'll get around to them, eventually.