Frontwing teases a big new project on twitter

Dergonu

Wait a fucking moment, "Subsequent volumes are also planned for release in the future". Sooooooo, since they don't have a certain length nailed down does this mean we can expect a complete lack of structured plot in favor of a bland slice of life dribble? Aka the common route of Grisaia no Kajitsu, except it continues on forever?   

1 hour ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Wait a fucking moment, "Subsequent volumes are also planned for release in the future". Sooooooo, since they don't have a certain length nailed down does this mean we can expect a complete lack of structured plot in favor of a bland slice of life dribble? Aka the common route of Grisaia no Kajitsu, except it continues on forever?   

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The crapisodes structure really rubs me the wrong way. Had too much of those lately, and each subsequent one seemed to get worse than the last one.

I guess I should better not ask for routes or different endings. It'll most likely be kinetic VN with one heroine per episode with the protagonist going for one of them after the other because of ridiculous reasons.

And am I right to assume that the protagonist is a trap, or is it yet another yuri VN?

1 minute ago, ChaosRaven said:

The crapisodes structure really rubs me the wrong way. Had too much of those lately, and each subsequent one seemed to get worse than the last one.

I guess I should better not ask for routes or different endings. It'll most likely be a kinetic VN with one heroine per episode with the protagonist going for one of them after the other because of ridiculous reasons.

And I'm right to assume that the protagonist is a trap, or is it yet another yuri VN?

Obviously it would be another kinetic novel because crapisodic nature of course. Aside from Neko, I want my original multi routes with harem ending VNs back! :(

8 hours ago, VLOCKUP said:

So basically Front Wing decides to be like Age, Baseson and Type Moon?

I mean, as a VN developer, you could be in far worse company than Âge and Type-Moon. Moreover, they published a game from a different IP (an IP you may not like, fine, but that doesn't change the fact) literally two days ago. Seems a little premature for this criticism.

9 hours ago, VLOCKUP said:

Frontwing released tons of title that aren't Grisaia related, they just released Corona Blossom two days ago. Type Moon released multitple titles from different IP.

On 10/29/2016 at 2:43 PM, VLOCKUP said:

At least they still attempted to release another big name without Grisaia if I may said (Island anyone), unlike both of age and Type Moon there. As for BaseSon, at least they didn't keep it with Koihime Musou entirely there, although it's still their major Cash Cow though. Just saying here.

7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

At least they still attempted to release another big name without Grisaia if I may said (Island anyone), unlike both of age and Type Moon there. As for BaseSon, at least they didn't keep it with Koihime Musou entirely there, although it's still their major Cash Cow though (Not as bad as Fate which had pachinko game too iirc). Just saying here.

Yeah, it's not like they're acting like Circus.  How many Da Capo line products are there?

15 hours ago, Toranth said:

Yeah, it's not like they're acting like Circus.  How many Da Capo line products are there?

If I remember, quite a lot because Circus here tend to re-released Da Capo to console with new heroine and backport to PC. Not to mention many fandisc there. If I may said here, while I'm agree with that they still using Da Capo as their Cash Cow franchise and exploit it (Milking I mean) to the death so much that they infamous for it, at least compared to age they still had some attempt to made original game outside Da Capo franchise unlike age imo (The grade was another matter though). It's just my opinion here once again.

PS - Oh, by the way, I'd read that some post said that he was disappointed with another Grisaia announcement there and he said it's just like Frontwing goes Circus there (Exploiting Grisaia). Keep in mind that the writer was biggest fan for Grisaia (Not quite fanatic thankfully).

16 hours ago, Toranth said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Circus. But I agree, while they did have their DC Empire, they still produce more original IPs as well.

I can forgive Baseson with Koihime series have H scenes:illya:. So it is not entirely a waste effort of cashing more money.

On 10/30/2016 at 1:00 PM, VLOCKUP said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Circus. But I agree, while they did have their DC Empire, they still produce more original IPs as well.

I can forgive Baseson with Koihime series have H scenes:illya:. So it is not entirely a waste effort of cashing more money.

Yuki Koi Melt, Hatsumira, Island, and Corona Blossom. That's four totally original IPs created by Frontwing in the last two years. I really don't know what you're talking about if you're saying they don't create enough new settings. How many would be enough for you?

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/11/2016 at 3:41 AM, Vorathiel said:

She looks like Yumiko?

I can see some semblance but that's more of an artstyle thing. Same artist tends to produce similar characters. Add to it the fact that she's using a generic school uniform and that the lighting has made her hair colour seem darker and she may look a bit like Yumiko. I don't really think so, though.

I'll also take the time to restate I'm entirely hype and will enjoy this even if it's terrible, or perhaps especially because it is.

5 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

She looks like Yumiko?

I can see some semblance but that's more of an artstyle thing. Same artist tends to produce similar characters. Add to it the fact that she's using a generic school uniform and that the lighting has made her hair colour seem darker and she may look a bit like Yumiko. I don't really think so, though.

I'll also take the time to restate I'm entirely hype and will enjoy this even if it's terrible, or perhaps especially because it is.

Yeah it's just the artstyle being similar. Tbh, one glance at her eyes and you can see it isn't Yumiko.

I am really hyped for this as well. It honestly seems really cool.

4 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Come on xD That was a little joke from me, but she looks almost exactly like Yumiko.

scare-sakaki-planresult.png
IMG_0503-ds1-670x374-constrain.jpg

Even the eyes - this could be reflection of a blaze, fire. I know it isn't I know she is not Yumiko, but resemblances are obvious.

Haha, true. They are pretty similar indeed. Perhaps they went for something similar on purpose, seeing as there will most likely just be new characters, and not old ones in these games. Kinda like a, "okay Yumiko isn't here, but we want to make the game seem like its in the Grisaia universe so... here is her evil twin sister, Kumiko! :^)"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Frontwing has finished uploading and translating the introduction videos for the characters.

I suppose this one is the one which surprised me most, if only because I did not know what to expect.

You can check the rest of them over on Frontwing's youtube channel or on the website.

Speaking of the website, they've also added character information for three more characters.