Frontwing teases a big new project on twitter

Dergonu

...da fuck is that...?

edit. basically a new series based of the same universe, though the way it´s presented in terms of possible violence does almost give off some HotD vibes, oh well cant say i´m against such thing

edit2: so yeah, it´s some completely new titles (to an extend). length-wise i dont really expect them to be that long due to being priced at only 1,980円 excl.taxes.

It's a new title following the aftermath of the last game, as in "what happened to the world after that?"

It doesn't seem to use any characters we already know, so it's not really a sequel, though it does follow the canon events in Rakuen.

It's all-ages, and will be released at the same time in Japan and the rest of the world, in the form of 3 volumes.

Release date

"Vol.1 & Vol.2: Spring 2017 worldwide release
Vol.3: Summer 2017 (tentative)
Subsequent volumes are also planned 
for release in the future"

Promo movie:

I like the idea of setting it in the same universe but with a different cast, actually. Da Capo does that and the sequel was better than its first title, I'd boldly claim.
I also really like how the English plebs even have a translated website of their own. Yay for Frontwing's efforts in the Western scene!

I wonder if people will go up in arms over the fact that it's "all ages"?

Or maybe over the fact that it'll be distributed in volumes? Do they think that only cheaper titles sell? Well, they aren't exactly wrong.

By the way, is the protagonist this "Haruto" chap? He's got a really unique design, VN protagonists wise. He's also the instructor? Even better.
It could also be that there's no protagonist, but with him being the only male... who knows?

Blond, pink, blue and brown haired characters look really interesting.

All in all, terribly excited.

3 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I like the idea of setting it in the same universe but with a different cast, actually. Da Capo does that and the sequel was better than its first title, I'd boldly claim.
I also really like how the English plebs even have a translated website of their own. Yay for Frontwing's efforts in the Western scene!

I wonder if people will go up in arms over the fact that it's "all ages"?

Or maybe over the fact that it'll be distributed in volumes? Do they think that only cheaper titles sell? Well, they aren't exactly wrong.

By the way, is the protagonist this "Haruto" chap? He's got a really unique design, VN protagonists wise. He's also the instructor? Even better.
It could also be that there's no protagonist, but with him being the only male... who knows?

Blond, pink, blue and brown haired characters look really interesting.

All in all, terribly excited.

Indeed, I'm really excited for this too, actually.

At first, the idea of a sequel made me facepalm, but seeing as its not a continuation of Yuuji's story, but something else entierly, I'm super hyped.

I think the volumes thing really will rub some people the wrong way, and I have to admit, I find it a bit annoying myself too, but I get why they do it from a business standpoint.

As far as the all-ages thing goes, meh, who cares. If it was a censored release of an 18+ game, that would be something else, but just a game being released all-ages to begin with shouldn't annoy anyone. I mean, there is already lots of all-ages VNs out there, and based off the summary, it seems this will be a bit of a differnet story from the main Grisaia games, so sex shouldn't be so much in focus here.

I quite enjoy Haruto's overall design and premise, as well as like the two girls from the start, though the two others seem quite generic.

All in all, seems quite promising, and I'll be playing it when it comes out, even if I'm somewhat scared of the volume-system, but I won't judge it at this point.

Just now, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

I hope this installment will still acknowledge the original cast in some way, even if they only appear as cameos. However I do hope the original cast still play an important part in the story.

Sniper loli might be the instructor, Yuuji will def appear. JB?

Just now, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

I hope this installment will still acknowledge the original cast in some way, even if they only appear as cameos. However I do hope the original cast still play an important part in the story.

The cast from the original game usually only appear as cameos with detached sequels, so I find it quite unlikely for them to play a big part in the grand scheme of the plot, I'm afraid

There still a possibility, however

5 minutes ago, Hayashi said:

I blame English only readers (Please don't hit me), delayed production time because of wasting time on TL. FFS Grisaia fanboy does not want to wait.

Please this game wouldn't even be released if it weren't for the English Steam market.

Wait... do companies write their news tweets in Spanish, too? How come? I know there are a bunch of Spanish translations, but this is still a very minor market and language in the VN world. The only people I know keen on VNs are here on Fuwa and tend to be from the major cities like Barcelona (that's the one that comes off the top of my head). I am really the alpha geek of rural Cantabria.

Just now, Kiriririri said:

Please this game wouldn't even be released if it weren't for the English Steam market.

No, look carefully at the JP site. Right at the bottom it say's package price??? With or without steam a hard copy will be released so no.