Frontwing teases a big new project on twitter

Dergonu

13 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

So that is the main reason?

After searching, I still couldn't find any leads on it.

Oh well, thanks for the info.

Probably.  I mean, I wouldn't take it as fact, because I don't have any evidence, but it's pretty likely, in my opinion.  All we know for sure is that the guy that fan TL'd it approached Frontwing and sold them his TL, which FW then pushed onto Steam without SP being involved in any part of that process.  dovac mentioned that fact on r/visualnovels, quite angrily, but seeing as he deleted his reddit account, you'll have to take my word for it that is actually his post.  That whole thread is pretty much all you need to understand what happened.

[/derail]

3 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Personally, I don't mind a fourth installment to the series, and I'm sure @Hayashi will be pleased about it. At this point, Grisaia is to Frontwing like Mario is to Nintendo.

I am not sure whether @Hayashi will like it, lately he only talks about Subahibi so I don't think he will be too much impressed with the new Grisaia.

9 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Personally, I don't mind a fourth installment to the series, and I'm sure @Hayashi will be pleased about it. At this point, Grisaia is to Frontwing like Mario is to Nintendo.

And judging from the picture of Mihama Academy's classroom with broken glass and bullet holes, I have a feeling this is going to feel more action oriented than even Rakuen. I wonder if all five Mihama girls will get involved with Ichigaya; Yuuji's military contractors?

I feel like Rakuen had more than enough action. (In fact, it was a bit over the top to my liking...)

Grisaia no Rakuen spoilers:

Spoiler

Though, I suppose it would be possible for the damn clone shit to return, and have Oslo try to get revenge on Yuuji and the rest on the Grisaia island. But really, that plot point was already so crazy and silly, I really hope they won't pursue that even further...
It's just too dumb already.

The fact that the school is in the picture is a bit strange, seeing as they all left Mihaha and built a new school on the island. Perhaps its some form of extended prequel, perhaps a longer version of the Prologue de la grisaia? That would be pretty cool I guess.

3 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Don't forget that Meikyuu is a retelling of the original Grisaia story that takes place in an alternate continuity, and Rakuen is part of that continuity. It's possible that Grisaia 4 will take place in another alternate continuity in order to keep the theme of Mihama Academy intact. And since they showed an image of the school classroom in shambles, I think it will be more action oriented.

Spoiler

Hehe, that would actually be pretty cool. I mean, it would confuse the hell out of some people I guess, but Rakuen + Meikyuu's timeline kinda already did that to begin with. That would be rather fascinating to see, actually. Though that does raise the question, who is Yuuji romantically involved with, if anyone? Would the game need a specific route for all the girls, would it be a harem story like Rakuen, or would there be no romance involved?

5 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I am kind of secretly hoping that they are just trolling with the background picture and the whole "It's another Grisaia" thing and just create a new IP ... That's just my optimism speaking out from me :D

That would be awesome actually :wahaha:

I mean titular thing, in game universe. ; p

Also:
Interesting thing, if it's simply Grisaia 4.
1 - Sekai have rights to Grisaia 1-3
2 - Sekai will release (based on their time with first two) Grisaia 3 not earlier than autumn 2017
3 - Frontowingu have their own translators, they're releasing Corona Blossom in eng even before then in jap.
4 - Frontowingu is simultanously hyping this annoucement in both japanese and english social media .
5 - Could it be possible that we will have Grisaia 4 released in english before Grisaia 3?

4 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

I mean titular thing, in game universe. ; p

Also:
Interesting thing, if it's simply Grisaia 4.
1 - Sekai have rights to Grisaia 1-3
2 - Sekai will release (based on their time with first two) Grisaia 3 not earlier than autumn 2017
3 - Frontowingu have their own translators, they're releasing Corona Blossom in eng even before then in jap.
4 - Frontowingu is simultanously hyping this annoucement in both japanese and english social media .
5 - Could it be possible that we will have Grisaia 4 released in english before Grisaia 3?

Your estimate on Rakuen seems off. I wouldn't expect it any later than Spring 2017. They're already nearly done translating it.

8 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

Can somebody tell me what is 'Grisaia'? I read only first game.

Okay, just keep in mind, spoilers from the whole Grisaia franchise ahead: (including the final game:)

Spoiler

Grisaia is the name of the island that Asako, Yuuji's master, bought for Yuuji. It's the place where all the students from Mihama, as well as all of Yuujis' allies flees after the aftermath of the third game, and it's where they build the new Mihama academy. It is their "楽園" (paradise, rakuen, the name of the third game.)

The girls, (all the heroines), are "the fruit of grisaia", (the title of the frist game), and they all live happily ever after on the island Grisaia after the ending in Rakuen.

Basically, Grisaia is Yuuji's paradise, something that was foreshadowed throughout the entire game franchise.

2 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

...and then few more months for +18 patch. ;p Early autumn it will be. ;) 

A release is a release. If this is a Grisaia 4 announcement (pretty big if), then you won't see that until at least summer, maybe even late 2017. It will at least be after all-ages Rakuen.

4 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I think that when rakuen will be released all the extra things like 18+ and physical versions will come out quickly.

Rakuen is the game with the most H content. Logic would say porting it would take the longest.

(Though, it would be great if it is out fast, unlike the Meiykuu release, which still isn't out for the english fans in its original state.)