Frontwing teases a big new project on twitter

Dergonu

According to this tweet sent out today by Frontwing on twitter, they will be making a big announcement on Friday about their next project.

(They also made a tweet a bit earlier today, announcing the announcement of an announcement, which I have to admit, made me chuckle.)

Anyways, I have no idea what this is going to be, but do any of you guys have any speculations? (Maybe it is obvious from the picture in their tweet, idk. I personally did not recognize it.)

EDIT: info on the game:

It's a new title following the aftermath of the last game, as in "what happened to the world after that?"

It doesn't seem to use any characters we already know, so it's not really a sequel, though it does follow the canon events in Rakuen.

It's all-ages, and will be released at the same time in Japan and the rest of the world, in the form of 3 volumes.

Release date

"Vol.1 & Vol.2: Spring 2017 worldwide release
Vol.3: Summer 2017 (tentative)
Subsequent volumes are also planned 
for release in the future"

Promo movie:

Don't know, because there was none of the girls was matching to the heroines in Frontwing VNs so I couldn't speculate with certainity here although it may be a new VN (Or just Corona Blossom Volume 3 announcement). But at least I knew that if the announcement was another Grisaia franchise like ChaosRaven guess, it'll be major letdown there.

PS - By the way, Frontwing Tweet look like Yo Dawg meme there (The one with announcement).

4 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Call me crazy but, the red silhouette girl looks strangely similar to Amane from Grisaia no Kajitsu. The long hair and the hair ribbon outline looks too identical to be another character, so maybe a forth installment to the Grisaia series?

As a hardcore Grisaia fanboy, that's be good.

I doubt it is anything directly relating to Grisaia, the silhouette of the green character doesn't match anyone from the series. We should also be honest with ourselves, Grisaia is pretty well done. There is already a solid trilogy, a comedy spin-off, and several side stories anything else is going to feel incredibly forced and kinda crash grabby. 

As much as I love Grisaia, more after Rakuen? Pls no...

(Grisaia no Rakuen spoilers.)

Spoiler

Though, I guess a whole game with the freaking orgy they got going on on that island would be a good nukige, lol. :wahaha:

Personally, I'd like to see a game like Pure girl or Innocent girl get TLed. As far as nukige goes, they are pretty nice.

25 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

They must've been fed up with Sekai Project licensing their products given what happened with their business with a certain incident, so they decided to do so themselves.

A certain incident? Did I miss something? I was under the impression that the issues with Sekai Project in relation with Frontwing were primarily the fault of Frontwing.

Edit: Alrighty, I was informed about the "incident". 

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

I think it's ok. Not many people voted on it anyway, and the average vote is pretty nice.

Sorry, I think I worded myself badly in my previous post, I didn't want to imply in any way that the VN is bad xD I always take VNDB ratings with a grain of salt and look at them only as a statistics, not as a general rule whether something is really good or not :) And I do agree that it has a good average vote (7.46 is a very good mark considering there were 60 voters) :D

5 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

They must've been fed up with Sekai Project licensing their products given what happened with their business with a certain incident, so they decided to do so themselves.

It definitely sounded like it caused a major impact behind the scenes.

Is there a link to this incident anywhere? If not what do I need to do to search for it?

Now, I'm really interested in their upcoming announcement.

5 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Nah, as far as I can tell, Frontwing started salivating at the thought of releasing ChiruChiru early, with a shittier (and probably cheaper) fan TL, and they didn't particularly want to wait for SP and the Grisaia team to translate it (like they agreed), so they went over their heads and pushed it onto Steam.  Seems to have ruined their relationship, understandably.  It was the one situation where I felt some mild empathy for dovac, since he and his company got legitimately screwed over through no fault of their own.

I'm not really that hyped.  People that have read their other stuff seem to think that Grisaia is the best series Frontwing ever made (aside from Island, which I've heard is paradoxically pretty average and utterly amazing, depending on who you ask), and that the rest is rather uninteresting, unless you really like their nukige.  @Clephas, was there anything else that they made that stood out to you?

It's around time for FW to announce their next major VN. Maybe they'll announce a dual language release for it. Have they teased anything in Japan?

For the red silhouette, there are a handful of FW characters who are somewhat close, but not close enough to make me think it's actually them. I don't think they'd do something as obvious as a distinctive silhouette that could be easily guessed if it was for an existing game. That reinforces my belief that this will be something new. 

1 minute ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Is every company that makes or licenses VNs an asshole apart from XERO and MiKandi Japan? I didn't want to hate Frontwing at first because of Grisaia, but now I see that they're just... assholes.

They're businesses. Businesses protect their own interests above all else. I think the problem here is that you're expecting too much from them. They're not your friends. And don't expect MiKandi Japan to be much different in the end.

41 minutes ago, Decay said:

It's around time for FW to announce their next major VN. Maybe they'll announce a dual language release for it. Have they teased anything in Japan?

For the red silhouette, there are a handful of FW characters who are somewhat close, but not close enough to make me think it's actually them. I don't think they'd do something as obvious as a distinctive silhouette that could be easily guessed if it was for an existing game. That reinforces my belief that this will be something new.

pretty much this, a new major title to be released in both, japanese & english to hopefully make them earn some good money, a thing which the multi-lingual, kinetic and episodic experiment that is coroblo so far hasn´t, and probably never was intended to in the first place, for financially smoothing out potential future endeavours. like i just cant see any other possibilities there, with coroblo3 being out of question at this point and the already confirmed projects (island, hatsumira etc) as well. & nah, there wont be a sequel to grisaia, minor whatsnot aside, so people should accept the fact it´s ended and move on with their lives.

11 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Nah, as far as I can tell, Frontwing started salivating at the thought of releasing ChiruChiru early, with a shittier (and probably cheaper) fan TL, and they didn't particularly want to wait for SP and the Grisaia team to translate it (like they agreed), so they went over their heads and pushed it onto Steam.  Seems to have ruined their relationship, understandably.  It was the one situation where I felt some mild empathy for dovac, since he and his company got legitimately screwed over through no fault of their own.

I'm not really that hyped.  People that have read their other stuff seem to think that Grisaia is the best series Frontwing ever made (aside from Island, which I've heard is paradoxically pretty average and utterly amazing, depending on who you ask), and that the rest is rather uninteresting, unless you really like their nukige.  @Clephas, was there anything else that they made that stood out to you?

So that is the main reason?

After searching, I still couldn't find any leads on it.

Oh well, thanks for the info.