Subahibi Discussions

Hayashi

I finally completed Subahibi, and what do I think? First I had to recast for almost all stuff I have read in the past on my VNDB list, because Subahibi is just incredibly holy shit I word alone can't describe this. It was so well done, all that philosophy, origins of lives, the meaning of varies things. I literally died after I finished Subahibi, you all should read it man it's the best VN ever made <---- I will hold my statement until the very end. Why can I not rate this 2000/10? Why is this not #1 on VNDB? VNDB is not accurate at all.

Now time for the discussions. Heavy Spoilers below.

Spoiler

Regarding Ayana, I think she's pretty much SCA-Ji the one that knows all, the observer. 

Ayana is aware of 'the player's existence in the story. As there are many conversations in the game in which Ayana seems to be talking to 'the player' instead of the character she is talking with. The thing she talks about in Tsui no Sora 2 also hints to this. She's basically saying that everyone in the story resides in 1 soul, which is 'the reader's souls.

In RH2, Yuuki asked Ayana if she knows something and Ayana replies "I only know the things you know". She's basically saying what she knows is what the reader knows up to that point.

Ayana’s existence is the story’s existence. Thus I think that the whole story just happened inside Ayana's head when she was sickly in hospital?

And in regards to the character that appeared only a few times, the one that allowed Zakuro and the other 3 access to the rooftop for star gazing? What wa her signifiance in the story? Because she can easily be excluded from the story without any major plot changes.

And also, in the himawari end, who's the Yuuki that the siblings saw? Was it a ghost? Split personalty remained inside of Tomo's head? Or what was it?

And finally what was all the galaxy train thing referring to in the first RH? Please tell me your possible theories.

Speaking of Subahibi... shouldn't this get an official English release some day?

Considering the translation was almost finished when it was announced last year (if I remember right), shouldn't it be out anytime soon? But I didn't even hear a release date yet.

Or are they going for a snail race with Himawari? The one with the longest release delay after completed translation wins! :illya:

6 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

Sigh... Another VN to be lost in the digital wasteland that is Steam. The devs never learn do they? :amane:

Nobody ever said anything about it being on steam.... In fact the game probably won't go on steam anyways because you can't get a definitive experience of the game by removing the h-scenes, and the game's developers aren't stupid enough to do that (hopefully). 

3 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

It's just an educated guess. If the translation is already done and there are signs of edit progress, it's very likely the VN will be on Steam, in all its censorship shame. 

I don't see the correlation between any of that.

2 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

To put it simply, I guess the VN will be put on Steam. Sorry, but I sometimes have a habit of breaking into complex monologues. :wahaha:

I haven't played SubaHibi, but from what I can tell, it's not going to be put on Steam. KeroQ has put out a lot of dark eroge, but SubaHibi and Tsui no Sora are the only ones never to get an all ages release

13 hours ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

It's just an educated guess. If the translation is already done and there are signs of edit progress, it's very likely the VN will be on Steam, in all its censorship shame. If not, well I hope the devs are smart enough to post the VN on Mangagamer and include a patch to restore the H-scenes if they're edited out.

According to what Moogy said, they are working directly with KeroQ no SP or anything like that, Tlwiki was involved in the translation after all, getting flashbacks of the day that Moogy ruined xmas by that announce and hasnt given anymore info since

34 minutes ago, Shota_Victory said:

Honestly, I'm not as worried about this one because the company's directly releasing it. If say, Sekai Project was localizing it, then I'd be afraid.

even mangagamer is going to bring bokuten over to steam, granted the few missing scenes are not that many, but i found them to be pretty important in terms of overall experience emotion-wise and not sth a reader should have to miss on out.

19 minutes ago, douggle said:

..., getting flashbacks of the day that Moogy ruined xmas by that announce and hasnt given anymore info since...

think he commented on the matter sometime later, stating he shouldn´t have told anything because stuff might take a little(?) longer than originally anticipated, or sth like that

Okay, did I smell another Subahibi fanatic biggest fan here. If so, then good luck on preaching telling about of how wonderful SubaHibi was to all of live being there. Sorry, just read the first post here remind me of babymetal who like Subahibi too much back at VNDB there.

As for Subahibi, well other than supposed crazy stuff there didn't knew much considering that I'd yet to read this completely. In regard of localization, hopefully it'll not too be long here so more people here could understanding of how wonderful Subahibi was (It's still depend to the people though, and maybe there will be one or two opinion who said Subahibi was overrated there).

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Okay, did I smell another Subahibi fanatic biggest fan here. If so, then good luck on preaching telling about of how wonderful SubaHibi was to all of live being there. Sorry, just read the first post here remind me of babymetal who like Subahibi too much back at VNDB there.

As for Subahibi, well other than supposed crazy stuff there didn't knew much considering that I'd yet to read this completely. In regard of localization, hopefully it'll not too be long here so more people here could understanding of how wonderful Subahibi was (It's still depend to the people though, and maybe there will be one or two opinion who said Subahibi was overrated there).

dont worry, it happens for some people once they're done with subahibi, itll wear out eventually.