H code?

Flowerthief

in some psp games you can grab the text (VNR does this for you) and some of them you can't, you need to try using cheat engine with this method to see if the text is "hookeable" (don't know if that's even a word xD) or not

http://mx-futhark.github.io/hook-any-text/demos/demo01/presentation.html

you can also try using chiitrans with ithvnr in case vnr is too much of a pain to use

try with this version of ppsspp https://www.mediafire.com/?hyic0rq3fpchemd

EDIT; I can't hook the text with any of the versions i have of ppsspp nor with ithvnr, it seems is not hookeable by normal methods. I did it with cheat engine (if you follow the guide in the link I posted you can also hook it but it might be a bit difficult at first ) 

GdJDdNN.jpg

1 hour ago, Flowerthief said:

Oh holy heck that is complicated. SO with cheat engine It will translate the text? 

yes it should in theory, if you have VNR open it will grab the text that you are extracting from cheat engine and translate it, i'm not 100% sure since I don't use VNR to MTs or to parse specially not with an outside source, but it should work detecting any copied text from any source like chiitrans does and auto translate it for you...

On 23.10.2016 at 3:16 AM, Deep Blue said:

"hookeable" (don't know if that's even a word xD)

I used "hookable" so often, I'm sure it's a word by now!

On 23.10.2016 at 3:19 AM, Flowerthief said:

okay, that's super strange because people are saying that diabolik lovers works on the vnr xD thank you so much! 

VNR wasn't maintained anymore for half a year now while PPSSPP continues to get regularly updated. It's only normal that with every new version of PPSSPP less and less games are supported by the outdated PSP hooks in VNR.

Nonetheless, Diabolik Lovers is certainly perfectly playable with the help of HAT, like every PSP game that is encoded in SJIS. It might look overwhelming at first, but it's actually not that hard to get it working.
Also, there is no reason to use VNR solely for translating purposes. Pretty much every other translation tool (chiitrans, Translation Aggregator) are better suited for this task.

• 6 months later...
On 10/23/2016 at 2:05 AM, Flowerthief said:

Ah don't worry, I fixed! I can now play the game, the only problem is that the translation doesn't show up? Any tips? Like, the translation text doesn't appear xD

Hey! I used to be able to play DL before my PC was formatted, but not anymore, I can't get the text to hook! I've tried changing the UTF and it's no good... how did you do it?

I'm going to try the cheat engine... :vinty:

EDIT: I downloaded Cheat Engine and HAT. I got around to how it works, even tested it with other games, but it only works if I manually copy the hex code from the browse memory window, paste it to translator agreggator, right click to change Hex to Sjis and only then does the text hook and translate! If I continue playing nothing changes and nothing is copied to TA, unlike the tutorials... can anyone help me?

Edited by amaiannie