Denpsoft refuses to sell hard copies online now?

Erogamer

I did buy Nekopara 1 CE so I was looking to also buy Nekpara 2 CE, which they originally told me I could do so on this site in the future. Of course I am not happy. I am ok with others opinions on the matter, but not when someone tells me to shut up and I have no right to state my opinion. All the other comments I am fine with as long as people do not personally attack each other. I would buy this from the circle's site if someone could tell me a good proxy to use.

4 hours ago, yorikbad said:

To tell the truth it's a not a particulary bad decision. If You Love Me, Then Say So! now has 92% TL and definitly will be out early next year. And we all know how slow is SP with their projects.

SP being slow is another myth. Translation speed varies greatly from game to game, MG and SP are more or less equa all things considered. Some titles are translated very fast (Clannad, IYLMTSS), some very slow (DC III, Himawari, WEE). The slowpoke of VN loc. industry is definitely JAST USA.

Himawari wasn't translated slowly, lol - first of all it started as fan tl, second of all it's been fully translated for like a year. Scripting stuff / working with Front Wing has been the holdup. DCIII is p. valid though, Kouryuu being slow probably has to do with him working as a manager and (iirc) doing other tls on the side though lol - which might be the case for various SP translations as well! All in all though, I agree that the SP/MG speed comparison is misguided.

8 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

Himawari wasn't translated slowly, lol - first of all it started as fan tl, second of all it's been fully translated for like a year. Scripting stuff / working with Front Wing has been the holdup.

It still taking ages to get a release, in the end it's not different from a slow translation.

16 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

It still taking ages to get a release, in the end it's not different from a slow translation.

True, I just like keeping the facts as straight as possible :P - it's relevant if you feel like throwing the blame for tardiness at the right people, though. A lot of strange things in localization can be attributed to having to work with Japanese companies, though you could argue that negotiating with jp companies beyond just licensing is also a skill to measure a loc company by.

7 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

SP being slow is another myth. Translation speed varies greatly from game to game, MG and SP are more or less equa all things considered. Some titles are translated very fast (Clannad, IYLMTSS), some very slow (DC III, Himawari, WEE). The slowpoke of VN loc. industry is definitely JAST USA.

Then Decay and Tay should stop posting VNTS every week. It's so misleading :)

And I don't care about JAST. Nobody cares about them anymore.

Also, I believe that Erogamer has every right to complain because he's a legitimate buyer. He could stay silent, walk away and just pirate the game. But he is trying to find a way to get it legally. 

Jesus Christ, this whole topic makes me cringe.

I'm amused and bewildered people nowadays have nothing better to do than sit on the internet for hours and provoke various people and groups while constantly circlejerking, whilst there's almost nothing to gain and even less of an effect on their lives. Therefore, why care so much?

You want to change how things work? Start a petition. Organize to fight against common misconceptions. Form your own distributing company and affect the world. Make good games. Shittalking and flamewars on the internet accomplish literally NOTHING.

Goddamn. I never thought I'll live to that day, when I will see so much drama in visual novel and eroge industries. It's almost amusing.

43 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Jesus Christ, this whole topic makes me cringe.

I'm amused and bewildered people nowadays have nothing better to do than sit on the internet for hours and provoke various people and groups while constantly circlejerking, whilst there's almost nothing to gain and even less of an effect on their lives. Therefore, why care so much?

You want to change how things work? Start a petition. Organize to fight against common misconceptions. Form your own distributing company and affect the world. Make good games. Shittalking and flamewars on the internet accomplish literally NOTHING.

Goddamn. I never thought I'll live to that day, when I will see so much drama in visual novel and eroge industries. It's almost amusing.

For me, you saved this entire thread with this post. Thank you.

And this is why I hate forums. So many trolls and arrogant people that think they know it all. If you have a differing opinion they see you as a someone who is is dumb and has no right to state his opinion. Might as well just lock/delete this thread. Also, if you work for said company and you come out defending them to the end degree, you are making yourself and that company look bad. Instead you should either say nothing or try to see if you can communicate with said company to try to figure something out.

2 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

And Narcosis is a troll why? I don't think that's a valid reason to call someone that who just expressed his honest opinion on the subject.

I never named anyone. His statement however proves my point about how forums turn into a cancer. Instead of people that have a passion for the same subject having edifying debates and conversations, you see vicious and even personal attacks. Heck, if he thinks this is bad he should go check the Blizzard forums.

3 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

I think your point of how forums are "cancer" is more of a personal rant than proof. Plus, I'm sorry to be honest here but, if you have a problem with forums, then why are you even on here? A forum is a place of discussion and free speech. :amane:

You are correct, but it should not be a place to bash other people. Obviously you have not visited many forums. Whatever, I am done here as I can see this is going no where.

53 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Okay guys, we hear ya, everyone wants @Rooke's name changed. Say no more.

We appreciate all the useful input that went on in this thread to make this possible, but it is now time to close it down.

Please say hello to @Darklord Rooke

I guess?

vpDO340.jpg