Visual novel reader???

Flowerthief

So, I downloaded visual novel reader (or vnr for short) but I have no idea how to download games to it? and how do I download otome games/visual novels for it? AND HOW do I put it in the springboard? I downloaded Diabolik lover, but maybe there is a certain file or website I should download games from for them to add to the springboard??? Please help, I really want to play games : )

Once you've got a game, there are guides on how to use VNR, specifically. This one is good, I believe:

https://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/translating-visual-novels-without-hacking/

She also has a tutorial on PSP text hooking, 

https://sakimichi.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/psp-otome-game-compatibility-and-notes/

If you have the PSP version of Diabolic Lovers you can use that +the emulator. The Vita version isn't very possible, I think.

9 minutes ago, Flowerthief said:

Ah, darn. I better get myself a psp! Thank you guys so much! Now I can finally become my inner otome gamer

Nah, you need PPSSPP, which is an emulator... Otherwise, I'd recommend trying something originally for the PC if you're overwhelmed, like UnlimitedMoeWorks suggested. Decent PC otome games currently in Japanese:

-Starry Sky if you like the English In Spring, the JP should be pretty simple. I just find them kinda boring.. moe guys, though!

- Watashi no Real wa Juujitsu Shisugiteiru -> super cute, funny, easy to read, and FREE. It's great.

-Gakuen Tokkyuu Hotokenser - I think this one seemed pretty easy to read? Was pretty funny, too! Didn't get that far before I retired my laptop, though.

- Double Score - Was easy to read, if you like older guys, you can give this one a shot. There's a pretty heavy amount of drama, though, but the moe is there.

Should be a decent list, at least. I'd recommend starting with the second one, cause it takes no effort to acquire.

(And Renrekt's accurate in saying that there are some good ones in English. Just assumed you'd played all of those).

8 minutes ago, Flowerthief said:

I do have the ppsspp emulator, but how does it even work? lol, I can't translate the text. Maybe I need a psp or a psvita for the game to actually translate?

Read the tutorials I linked. That's why I linked them, after all. Should answer your questions. And seriously, if you find PSP text hooking to be too confusing, just use a PC game like the ones I suggested above and the basic VNR tutorial.