Wild Romance

Ariurotl

14 hours ago, Narcosis said:

You'd be surprised. There's quite a lot of good nukige out there and by "good" I don't necesarilly mean "ultra fappable h-scenes". They are actually good stories, too!

I look forward to being surprised in the future then! :sachi:

The only nukige I've played and finished so far is Eroge!, so I haven't experienced one with a pretty good story yet. But in time... :makina:

Would you consider this one being a nukige with a good story? Assuming you've already read it, of course. ^_^

12 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I look forward to being surprised in the future then! :sachi:

The only nukige I've played and finished so far is Eroge!, so I haven't experienced one with a pretty good story yet. But in time... :makina:

Would you consider this one being a nukige with a good story? Assuming you've already read it, of course. ^_^

I have started reading the Japanese version, and no, the story is not praiseworthy on its own. Cute, sure, but fairly tame without the 18+ scenes. 

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

I have started reading the Japanese version, and no, the story is not praiseworthy on its own. Cute, sure, but fairly tame without the 18+ scenes. 

hmm

I can see a lot of people being disappointed in reading this VN then. I honestly felt the same way with Nekopara, and then I found out about the cut content, then patched it and then... :makina:

...I changed my mind.

Okay, so out of curiosity as to how censorship was handled in this game, I decided to buy the Steam version as well as the Japanese version, and played the beginning part of each game next to each other. (Short version: I wish I didn't buy the English version-- it was not worth it. Long version:)

The result was... dissapointing. I had the idea in my head that the translation at the very least, was handled well and that the only "issue" lied in the missing 18+ content. Well, as I played through the beginning of the game in English, I noticed... there is literally missing dialouge which is important to the plot. (This dialogue is completely unrelated to any H, and happens before the first H-scene.) During the start of the game, when the MC meets the God who governs the shrine, there is actually missing lines of dialogue, which gives direct details about what kind of deal the MC makes with the God etc. But in the English version, it just skips over the details of the deal they make, and come to the conclusion right away, which is confusing. This makes the game look even less detailed and in depth than it already is. In the English version, all you get out of the whole scene is: "You girls must be punished!" "Please don't punish them, punish me!" "Ok." - The end. The details of the deal itself isn't discussed at all. The translation itself seems pretty okay, but it is quite literal and a bit... strange. For some reason, they list "narrator" as a person speaking when the MC thinks. (So, the normal narration from the MC's point of view, which literally uses "me" "mine" I am" and so on, is labeled under "narrator." This is NOT present in the JP game, so it is very confusing.)

Now, moving onto the scene that follows after the deal is made-- the first H-scene. It was not completely cut out, but it was handled quite... strangely. They left in a few lines of foreplay, where the MC and Sumire are making out. Then they leave in some of the dialogue that actually happens in the H-scene itself, but don't show the CG. (In this dialogue they establish that everyone loves the MC, and the MC loves everyone, basically.) Important note: No actual sex is described. It's just ... talking. If you didn't know this has H-scenes, you most likely would never know that what is happening is actually sex.
THEN they cut the rest out, but leave in the last line, "sumire showered me with sweet love all night long." or something along those lines, suddenly implying that sex occured. Or, at least, kissing all night I guess, lol. This is the only refrence I have found so far, that might somehow imply that there is "sexy things" happening in this game. The rest is removed/ censored.

Now, they have also cut out direct refrences to genitalia completely, (examples: there is one little exhange early in the game where Nazuna lies down on the MC's lap, and notices that he has a boner. Sumire then says, "oh, it is still energetic, even after I used it so much last night?" Terrible TL from me there, but you get the gjist of it.) The Japanese game is very crude, using words like まんこ and ちんぽ left and right, even in non H related scenes, (which is not surprising, seeing as it is a nuklge.)

Overall, it is a bit worse than I expected. I would just like to say that, anyone who is considering maybe getting this game... please, for your own good, do not do it until a possible patch is released in the future. The way the game is now, it is completely pointless and ... weird.

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Overall, it is a bit worse than I expected. I would just like to say that, anyone who is considering maybe getting this game... please, for your own good, do not do it until a possible patch is released in the future. The way the game is now, it is completely pointless and ... weird.

Actually, the way you are describing this almost sounds like the translator intentionally tried to cut some corners to save some work. Nobody expects anything in terms of story from a simple nukige, so the translation would be less likely to be checked if scenes make no sense. Or it's an edited machine translation. But entire sentences missing sounds like more than just a simple translation mistake.

On 2016/10/21 at 8:52 PM, ChaosRaven said:

Actually, the way you are describing this almost sounds like the translator intentionally tried to cut some corners to save some work. Nobody expects anything in terms of story from a simple nukige, so the translation would be less likely to be checked if scenes make no sense. Or it's an edited machine translation. But entire sentences missing sounds like more than just a simple translation mistake.

I don't think it's a machine translation. The parts that are actually TLed are TLed decently well, though a bit literal for my taste. But they are actually missing a few lines in that one scene, which is just very, very werid. I have no idea what happened there. To be honest, it might actually straight up be a technical mistake, as I see no reason why anyone would ever do it. It's only a handful of lines, like 10 or something, so it is really strange.

You could be right of course, but I doubt that is the case. Maybe I should tweet them about it, and see if they know what happened there.

EDIT: Upon playing through even more of the game, I have found out that this is NOT a one time thing, and it continues through the entire game... I did tweet them, and they are yet to respond. You were most likely spot on. The work put into this release is just lazy.

Anyways, bottom line, don't buy this version. If they do add in the 18+ scenes down the line though, it's probably worth it for the people who can't read Japanese. (Though for us who can; just buy the JP version if you want to play this.)

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Okay, so out of curiosity as to how censorship was handled in this game, I decided to buy the Steam version as well as the Japanese version, and played the beginning part of each game next to each other. (Short version: I wish I didn't buy the English version-- it was not worth it. Long version:)

O Brave Adventurer, we thank you for your sacrifice!

It doesn't surprise me to find the cutting is awkward, but it does surprise me that non H-related scenes were abbreviated.  I mean, there's not exactly much left without the H scenes, so cutting acceptable material should have been the last thing on their list. 

I'm curious to hear about what they do with the swimming and festival scenes, though.

Ok, so upon simply playing a few more minutes, the same thing happened. What it looks like, is that they take the lines which are uttered by characters, and just... remove them, then sum them up in a single narration. (And sometimes, they don't even do that.)

So, this short scene for instance, where the characters were talking among themselves while deciding something, was just replaced with a quick summary in narrated form. (So I guess you do get the same result in a way, but it's done in such an awkard manner.) The characters needed to go look for a lost heirloom, and instead of seeing the characters talk, deciding who goes out to search for it, (which is what happens in the JP version,) you just get one line with this:  "after that the other three decided to go look for it, while I was left behind at the shrine. The reason was that Sumire said it was dangerous for me." Something along those lines.

... This is kind of worrying. This level of lazyness is... I don't know. I see no explainable reason why they are doing this. It's not at all H related, so these lines should not be changed or removed at all. I fear your guess on this was pretty right, ChaosRaven. I kind of want this to be some form of mistake in porting the game or something. There is a LOT of lines just... gone. The bulk of the lines still seem to be there, but randomly one will be gone, then another, then a whole conversation is replaced by narration. 

I'll keep playing and see if it persists through the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

... This is kind of worrying. This level of lazyness is... I don't know. I see no explainable reason why they are doing this. It's not at all H related, so these lines should not be changed or removed at all. I fear your guess on this was pretty right, ChaosRaven. I kind of want this to be some form of mistake in porting the game or something. There is a LOT of lines just... gone. The bulk of the lines still seem to be there, but randomly one will be gone, then another, then a whole conversation is replaced by narration. 

I'll keep playing and see if it persists through the whole thing.

I think they tried to deliberately make the game shorter.