Late introduction

FabrM

Greetings to Everybody!

So, I've been stalking these forums mostly in silence since last summer, but for some reason, I never took the time and effort to properly introduce myself, which was probably quite impolite of me. My apologies for that. :unsure:

In a nutshell, I'm a 25-year-old freeter, mainly struggling with my bachelor's thesis in economics, while I'm interested in so many other things, I'm having a difficult time figuring out what to do after acquiring a degree. My story with visual novels started in 2014, when I tried Katawa Shoujo and instantly got hooked. Apart from the fact that it affected me much more than I had previously anticipated, it also re-sparked my interest towards anime and manga, which I lost during primary school due to different extracurricular activities, new hobbies and other IRL matters.

Since then I'm on a huge, continuous journey, trying to discover at least a small fraction of this fascinating world, including what I've missed out on for about the last 15 years. I came across Fuwanovel after reading about the retranslation project of If My Heart Had Wings somewhere, and besides dropping by regularly to check its progress, I often found myself reading through other various contents of the site and its friendly community. I've been thinking about getting involved a bit more actively for several months now, but my overall shyness and poor expressive abilities discouraged me from doing so. I hope to change and be more sociable in the future.

I think that concludes my possibly roundabout and most definitely overdue introduction. Thank you for reading it and for having me of course! :)

Also, if you'd like to know anything else about me, feel free to ask! ;)

Awwww, so many friendly replies from so many kind people! Thank you very much, it's really nice to meet you too! :sachi:

On 16/10/2016 at 10:08 PM, Mugi said:

What is your favorite demon? There are no wrong answers 

Well, I still feel quite inexperienced, especially when it comes to supernatural themes, so it's very tempting to wuss out and say I don't really know what you're talking about, but since there are no wrong answers, I'd say it's a tie between Kirishima Touka and Kamishiro Rize. :yumiko:

22 hours ago, Limerence_ said:

Besides Katawa Shoujo, what other VNs have you read? 

After completing Katawa Shoujo, I read through Ageha's route in the restored version of If My Heart Had Wings, but the butchered translation of MoeNovel forced me to put it on hold. Instead, I read Narcissu and Narcissu Side 2nd, which I found very sad and heavy, but really beautiful at the same time. Then I caught wind of the freshly released Asagao Academy, which I had to try, since I've been following different members of both NormalBoots and Hidden Block for several years now. It was a light-hearted, fun VN (especially after Narcissu), which I plan to revisit in the future, because it still has many routes and endings I haven't explored yet. Currently, I'm reading Everlasting Summer, which is okay so far, though the protagonist is often a bit too detached and over-analytical for me. However, I'm saving the (seemingly) best routes for last, so anything is possible for now. Also, its soundtrack is really cool, and the background graphics... most of them are just freaking amazing!

19 hours ago, akaritan said:

What's your favorite VN? Has it changed since Katawa Shoujo?

No, it hasn't yet, although Narcissu Side 2nd came quite close. I admit, I'm a huge sucker for tearjerker stories, so I'm sure I'll come across a new favourite soon enough (I'm looking at you, Clannad). :miyako:

13 hours ago, littleshogun said:

If you need some VN Recommendation just ask us.

Thank you, I'll keep it in mind, but I feel like I should mention that I already bookmarked an awesome topic by Kaguya, titled 50 translated VNs you should read before you die, so I think I'm set for a while. :sacchan:

11 hours ago, Novel21 said:

What it's your favorite anime and manga?

TBH, I haven't read much manga yet, but if I really had to pick one out of the few series I started, the winner would be Tokyo Ghoul. For some reason, I tend to enjoy light novels more. My current favourite is Oreimo, although I have to say, I enjoyed the first season of its anime adaptation very much as well. However, my top anime is a bizarre tie between K-On! and 5 Centimeters Per Second, with Garden of Words as a close runner up. Now I know what you're thinking, and I don't understand it either. The moment I saw the opening of the first episode, I knew there was no turning back...

On 18/10/2016 at 3:22 AM, Novel21 said:

I have plans to watch K-On, 5 Centimeters Per Second and Garden Words myself one day ^_^

Well, I hope that you'll enjoy them all when you get the opportunity to do so. :)

On 21/10/2016 at 0:40 AM, Flutterz said:

Best KS girl?

I enjoyed all routes, but my favourite girl was Lilly Satou without a doubt.

On 21/10/2016 at 1:14 PM, Forgetful Frank said:

Well... you've already been lurking for a while, but welcome anyway!

Thank you for the warm welcome to you as well! ;)