List me your Top Ten Mecha/Super Robo/Space Anime

solidbatman

Forgot about Crest/Banner of the Stars... that anime series was awesome (god, I wish they would put out new ones) even if the translated version of the LNs reads like a fourteen-year-old illiterate was translating and editing it while high on heroin. 

Again, I wish they would put out more Crest/Banner...

17 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Forgot about Crest/Banner of the Stars... that anime series was awesome (god, I wish they would put out new ones) even if the translated version of the LNs reads like a fourteen-year-old illiterate was translating and editing it while high on heroin. 

Again, I wish they would put out more Crest/Banner...

Again i wish some one at baka tsuki would pick up the novels, and translate them.
Unfortunately banner of the stars is one of those forgotten gems.
altough i suppose there is always the chance with this series.

20 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Did Kia Asamiya invent harem anime with Nadesico? What do you think? Not enough haremettes? Does the championship go to Love Hina?

Arguably Rumiko Takahashi was already doing harems in the 80s (Ranma 1/2 for example). And there's always the (fairly probable) possibility that some obscure manga author did it before.

Oh, I forgot FMP! indeed. Fumoffu is funny as hell and Second Raid was awesome. The first series is far from being bad either.

1 hour ago, Down said:

Arguably Rumiko Takahashi was already doing harems in the 80s (Ranma 1/2 for example). And there's always the (fairly probable) possibility that some obscure manga author did it before.

Oh, I forgot FMP! indeed. Fumoffu is funny as hell and Second Raid was awesome. The first series is far from being bad either.

People keep saying that Tenchi invented the harem genre as it currently is, but you're right - Ranma is Haremish and was around before. 

I also forgot about FMP and Banner of the Star 0.0

• 1 month later...

Only one mecha/robot thread in several pages? I am disappointed.

anyways (in no particular order);

Patlabor - People who are really not hyped about their job having the job of driving mecha.

Votoms - A large amount of Small mecha exploding.

Mobile Fighter G-Gundam - The most super robot Gundam. An absolute blast to watch.

Gundam G-no reconquista - Probably the prettiest Mecha series in recent years

Gundam Build fighters - Pretty much good animators geeking out about Gundam.

Mobile suit Gundam 0080 - A heartwarming christmas story. Fun for the whole family.

Shin Mazinger - The origin of all super-robots; the reboot. More bang for your buck.

Mazinkaiser - The biggest and baddest of the original mazingers

Gunbuster - Space monsters vs Hard work and Guts.

Those that Almost made the list:

Legend of the galactic heroes - Space anime; the anime (which I haven't gotten very far in, so it would be wrong to place on the main list)

Turn-A Gundam - A pretty cozy anime about why digging up old stuff might not be such a good idea.

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam - Kill-'em-all Tomino at work. One of my favorites among the UC Gundam stuff.

Mobile Suit Gundam F91 - A really nicely animated movie. Also the beginning of the late UC Gundam. (Not on the list due to the whole "not the 13-episode series it was supposed to be")

Macross - Has nice dogfights. Also the ur-example for transforming mecha (that is not super robot). The DYRL movie is very simplified, albeit pretty good-looking.

Macross Plus - Top gun but with more missiles and no Vietnam.

The Big O - James Bond in a super robot. What could go wrong? (First season is a blast. Second isn't)

I am also quite certain I am forgetting a bunch here as well, so don't take this list as anything conclusive

Edited by Katatsumuri

I haven't watched many, but Evangelion-Gundan Wing (from this I also played the SNES game), Patlabor and Mazinger Z where all amazing to me. I saw them in my childhood first (except for Evangelion which I saw not long ago) and since then I watched them again like.... 3 or 4 times each since I can remember :wahaha: