Whirlpool Also Targeting Western Market (Nekonin Steam page up)

Yuuko

1 hour ago, Decay said:

You're ignoring option 3 of selling the new game in English and set the price appropriate for the English market. They'll be two different prices for the two different markets. This already happens, just with launches that are somewhat close instead of simultaneous. Kara no Shoujo 2 is cheaper here than in Japan, for instance. Wagamama High Spec is releasing maybe within the next four months and that came out earlier this year, you can bet the prices will be different. 

Nope, The japs are already sensitive about the price of the games since they are already very overpriced, if some company would try to release them at the same time and make it cheaper for the english market they'll just boycot and make them go bankrupt. Kara no shoujo 2 got released in english after "2.5 Years" of the original release date, and wagamama high spec will be released at least after "one year" of the original release date. Sure you can sell like this, if they put one year between those releases no one will mind the price diference, but at the same time? As I said, just impossible.

19 hours ago, Qrqe said:

Nope, The japs are already sensitive about the price of the games since they are already very overpriced, if some company would try to release them at the same time and make it cheaper for the english market they'll just boycot and make them go bankrupt. Kara no shoujo 2 got released in english after "2.5 Years" of the original release date, and wagamama high spec will be released at least after "one year" of the original release date. Sure you can sell like this, if they put one year between those releases no one will mind the price diference, but at the same time? As I said, just impossible.

Huh, so the Japanese are like Chinese in my place. Racists in their core and will abandon their own if they tried to curry favor for others. Makes sense since they share the same descendants.

36 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

PSA: "Jap/Japs" is a ethnic slur.  I wouldn't recommend using it as an abbreviation because it will offend people.  Please don't use it.

I wish they'd translate G.I.B..  I'm aware that it's most likely an average moege (aka shit), but I'd still buy it  :kosame:

You mean TRIGGER? :makina:

Alright, I just edit it out just for saving those people's insecurity of a word~ Huhu~:illya:

Hard to say when in my place, jap is a short for another word which means "wait for a minute". Oh well, differences of culture and place I suppose. Some things people find offended won't make any sense, especially in today's era.

7 hours ago, VLOCKUP said:

Huh, so the Japanese are like Chinese in my place. Racists in their core and will abandon their own if they tried to curry favor for others. Makes sense since they share the same descendants.

Well first of all most of their japanese customers dont really want to do anything with western market and will blame them as "instead of wasting time with translating, make better games first!" at their first mistake, so yeah they have some kind of racism but I dont really think the "price" problem is a part of it. $95 is just too expensive for an eroge, specially for an average moege. They are barely swallowing that price just for the sake of supporting the industry, and if you release the same game at the same time for a different price because "those people wouldnt buy it for $95", they'll go like "oh we wont buy it for such a price as well then". There are many alternatives after all, instead of buying Whirlpool game they'd just buy another game from the same month. 

As I said, japanese people (or at least the eroge customers part) are really sensitive at some strange points, for example there were a huge shitstorm about the Sagaplanet's Hanasaki game, just because one heroine made a joke about cheating and other one used a vibrator. Another example is Chrono Clock, they took out the h-scenes from the story, and added them to the galery so it'd be easier to make it all-ages but there were so much complains that both of the company and writer had to apologize about it. Its not like "releasing at the same time" will have any impact at western sales anyway, why would they bother with all those shits instead of releasing one year later and get all the money from both of sides, doesn't make sense at all.

I'd definitely be interested in it, the more translated VN's the merrier. Although I do agree with the general consensus in getting more medium-longer VN's rather than the short ones we've been getting like Nekopara and Corona Blossom. I can't comment on CB, as I haven't played it yet, but as much as I did enjoy the Nekopara games, they're too short!

Would definitely love more VN's with Princess Evangeline's length coming our way officially. :sachi:

But saying that, of course I won't turn away more of the shorter ones, especially if they're at least decent and worth the read.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Confirmed where?

whirlpool blog

Edit: Or I guess it's not 100% confirmed depending on what you your definition of confirmed is...
So far it is looking like it will release in April and that is their plan but bad things might happen idk

Source

Edited by Kiriririri

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Jesus Christ, Sekai Purojecto.

Ya Whirlpool made a bad choice partnering with them

19 hours ago, kyrt said:

unmosaiced denpasoft and nutaku versions also confirmed.

Is this for the Whirlpool game? Link?

Edited by Erogamer

I honestly hope they get get huge profits from this and encourage other companies to do the same. Be old titles or new, once they see how profitable the western market may be, I'm pretty sure next step will be getting in with a higher cost title. As everything, it's a matter of time to see how this works out.

11 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Holy Jesus, those screenshots just scream, "Nekopara ripoff".  I figured it would be uninspired trash targeting the same weebs that creamed their pants just looking at Nekopara, but come on.  This is just getting sad.  This is your entrance into the western market, Whirlpool?  Really?

Has anyone read the JP release, and is it just as bad as it comes off as?