Elsewhere High reveal!

Penholder

Hey there! 

I am super new to VNs but as soon as I discovered them I knew that I needed to create one of my own. 

It has been months in the making but I am finally ready to announce my VN. It is called Elsewhere High and chapter 1 is coming out very soon (no firm release date yet.) The first chapter is actually going to be released for free, with subsequent chapters being sold for a small cost. It will be released on Android devices through Google Play, and on PC and Mac through itch.io. 

I put together a small trailer for the first chapter and will post it here. I don't want to give away too much about the plot, but I'm sure I will answer any general questions if any get left in the comments. Let me know if there's any specific information that I should include/release in anticipation for the launch as I am quite new to all of this. Thanks so much for taking time to read this and have a good one. :)

Trailer: 

Seems like it could be interesting. The trailer doesn't give away much, but the backgrounds looks good, and the little that is said sounds intriguing.

Can you say anything about what kind of genre this VN is in?

Will the game be voiced?

Does the player get choices through the story, or is it like a kinetic novel?

Anyways, best of luck with the project.

14 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Seems like it could be interesting. The trailer doesn't give away much, but the backgrounds looks good, and the little that is said sounds intriguing.

Can you say anything about what kind of genre this VN is in?

Will the game be voiced?

Does the player get choices through the story, or is it like a kinetic novel?

Anyways, best of luck with the project.

Hey! 

Thanks for your response. 

I can definitely answer those for you. The genre is a mashup of teen-drama, mystery and light fantasy. Overall, I am hoping to make it about the people in the novel and the human relationships that they form. All of that is wrapped up in a situation completely drenched in conflict and mystery. There is a bunch to uncover. 

As of now, the game will not be voiced. If each chapter is successfully financed and release, there will be (about) 10 of them, which means a lot could happen from then to now, so I will never say never. 

And finally, I think Elsewhere High falls somewhere in between the two. There are choices the player(reader?) can make, and these choices allow them to see scenes or conversations that they wouldn't see if the other choice is selected. However, I do have a specific story to tell, and I know that arc that I am looking for the novel to take. And so, at least in Chapter 1, the choices don't lead to any alternate endings or revelations. They just provide different routes through the same story - a different path to the same destination. 

A good example is this: in an early scene the main character is acquainted with two fellow students at the school. They let him know that they have a few free minutes before class starts and so the player has a choice to spend the remaining time before class with new student A or new student B. So there is definitely choice involved in that sense :)

Thanks again for your reply!