Is MYTH worth it?

voidpointer

MYTH was announced for preorder at mangagamer. It got a decent review on vndb, but looks like it hasn't been played too much. For those that have played it, would you recommend it? Typically I'm in the romance / mystery / good plot VN crowd. Examples of my favorite VNs are Eden, EF, Supipara from Minori and Rewrite, Clannad, Little Busters from Key.

Looking to see if this title is recommended based on my interests. Thanks in advance for any info :-)

to me it´s been definitively worth reading the jp version, despite all the clumsy prose and partly childlike wording. think it´s almost the same as in hapymaher´s case, where an english localisation of its may improve the overall experience, if skillfully done. overall saying myth´s plot has a somewhat unique and creative touch to it, without falling prey to common tropes and such + also consists of quite the likeable cast/intriguing setting. cant see mangagamer setting up an unreasonable high pricing there, so i´d say go for it upon release, and be it only for them to hopefully start working on other more recent titles of theirs, such as w-standart wonderland, which has been a pretty enjoyable read as well (the authors did improve in terms of writing)

If you need the review, maybe the review from either of Maryzan or Ixrec could be help there. Although the review might help there, in the end the choice to buy it or not was yours. As for the games itself, considering the team behind OST was also behind When They Cry franchise OST, I think I could expected that the OST will be good and fittingly place at least.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, akaritan said:

I love feeling like vomiting my guts out! :holo:

Sold. Even if the good parts are scarce it tonally seems like something I like and if the music's good my tolerance shoots up anyway, so I'll give it a go! Thanks. :wafuu:

Extremely minor non-plot spoilers.

Spoiler

The game does indeed have a lot of boring SoL stuff in it, but it seems to get interesting past it. At the very least, the "good parts" should tip you off to something else happening.