Info on Natsu no Kusari (Clockup)

Okarin

Derailing my own topic, a bit... I didn't know Clockup was this shovelware factory (and a dark one at that), they have released 3 VNs this year.

The last one has come out a bit ago and it's about dark fetishes (I infer):

https://vndb.org/v19981/chars

Unlike Euphoria, the cover already is NSFW. But strangely enough this isn't marked as a nukige... Clockup really manage to keep their H scenes piping hot while providing some bare minimum of an interesting read.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 4:10 PM, Okarin said:

I like Euphoria for the underlying plot... you know.

Still, I'm not wholly opposed to the rape thing -but not my favourite scenario either. I just wanna try this eroge sometime. Of course I'm no rapist, but having a look at it could be interesting. Enjoyable... we'll see.

clockup is a wierd company lol, sometimes they make stuff thats a really good read with all the sex maintained, sometimes its just brainless nukige.

seems like its a trend with the more darker brands

On 25.11.2016 at 9:45 PM, Okarin said:

The last one has come out a bit ago and it's about dark fetishes

Dark fetishes? No, it's just one of their brainless nukige.
Clockup is one of the most uneven brands out there. Instead of using imprints, they release their nukige, storyge and edgyge all under the same label. Hrm.
It's the reason I can't really say I "like" Clockup. Rather, I really like a few of their games while ignoring the rest, heh.

On 5.12.2016 at 6:09 AM, Kawasumi said:

seems like its a trend with the more darker brands

I don't see this. Which other brands do you mean?

I have to say that this VN is amazing. Actually, this must be the first Clockup VN that I've truly enjoyed (I think Clockup is one of the most overrated companies out there, but that's another story).

I'm a fan of forced sex in VNs, so, I planned to play it for fap purpose. In the end, I didn't fap to any scene because I was just so concentrated on what was going on in there and I was in awe seeing how amazingly well-written the eroge, specially the protagonist, was written.

Sadly, we probably won't ever see Natasu no Kusari translated into English because of pure prejudice against this VN theme. That's such a shame, since that's precisely the same reason we probably won't ever see Boku no Kanojo wa Gatenkei... in English.

Edited by vkalvkal

• 2 years later...
On 06/10/2016 at 12:09 AM, Tyrosyn said:

I'm not really at my PC this week, so can't write longer walls of text at the moment. I don't mind you copying anything if you think it benefits this discussion.

I just read your wall of text on Natsu no Kusari which Deep Blue reposted below. It blew my mind. I joined this forum just tell you that analysis of Natsu no Kusari was amazing. I really enjoyed this vn, not really because of the rape scenes, but I couldn't really gather my thoughts on exactly why that was, until I read your post. You have put into words what was at the back of my mind but I had not the ability to form into coherent thoughts and words to express. Honestly I downloaded Natsu no Kusari for a nukige and I wouldn't have touched it were it not for the premises of rape scenes, but after I read it, something about it stayed with me that's not about the sex at all.

You mentioned Natsu no Kusari is one of your top three vns of all time. I really want to know, what are the other two?