Fall 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

1 hour ago, Jibril said:

So in Drifters. In the end, everyone who got

Reveal hidden contents

transported to that world are just pawns for the that glasses office guy to fight the gothic black haired chick? So in a sense just 2 Gods fighting it out with pawns?

...Nai wa~ What is this, an Umineko chess fight? At least it turns out to be much more exciting than I thought....

I'd say it's implied that some get transported by the dude in glasses, and some by the chick. In the end, the Black God Army or whatever also has historial characters, like Jeanne d'Arc or Rasputin.

6 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

I'd say it's implied that some get transported by the dude in glasses, and some by the chick. In the end, the Black God Army or whatever also has historial characters, like Jeanne d'Arc or Rasputin.

wonder how long it will be before Hitler, Comrade Staling and sir Winston Churchill show up.

2 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Guys who'll watch Izetta episode 3, how many Battlefield One weapons are you going to recognize?

Yes, Battlefield One. 

Uhm.... battlefield one? Well honestly if it's that I can only see one. The one that the guy in glasses uses in the trench. Other than that I don't think there's other weapons from that game as the soldiers are using M1 Garand... probably. Izetta's rifle too, I think it's PTRS-41 but I might be wrong on that one.

7 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Uhm.... battlefield one? Well honestly if it's that I can only see one. The one that the guy in glasses uses in the trench. Other than that I don't think there's other weapons from that game as the soldiers are using M1 Garand... probably. Izetta's rifle too, I think it's PTRS-41 but I might be wrong on that one.

Nope, one thing.

They are using french weaponry.

so far, what i recognize are the Lebels rifle, the Renault FT-17 one-man tank and the Hotchkiss 1903 machinegun, all 3 are in battlefield one.

(The prologue, with the black soldiers wielding french weaponry, as those black soldiers were under the command of the RF, or République Française (french republic)).

7 hours ago, Jibril said:

To me it looks more like a lahti or a british boys anti tank rifle.
From the size in the opening i would say lahti but from the muzzle i would say boys.

Am I the only one slightly disappointed with Occultic;Nine 2? Well, maybe disappointed is not the proper word... but this episode didn't feel very interesting. I mean, sure, we get some serious implications, but the pace and story is still so messy, and it could either be everything or nothing at all. Mrs. Mountain Boobs also goes from stupid to downright retarded (unless she's some sort of evil mastermind and very purposely acted silly in order to curse the MC without being suspected...?). And the other characters are still strangers.
Basically, I'm back at the end of episode 1 thinking "this could be good," but another week has passed and there's no novelty to make up for it.

Yeah, you probably are the only one disappointed, because Episode 1 did nothing to build any up in the first place.

Episode 2 was kind of entertaining at points, even though it's still really stupid. I think the episode would be a hell of a lot less messy had the first episode set stuff up better.

9 minutes ago, pik3rob said:

Yeah, you probably are the only one disappointed, because Episode 1 did nothing to build any up in the first place.

Episode 2 was kind of entertaining at points, even though it's still really stupid. I think the episode would be a hell of a lot less messy had the first episode set stuff up better.

Sure, but that's the thing. The first episode is weird and frantic as fuck, but at least it's curious, if not interesting. Hence why I say disappointed, cuz it COULD had been quite much more interesting, but instead... kinda falls flat I guess? There's still a lack of reaction, which I don't know if it's good or bad.

Supposedly, the first episode adapted the whole first novel, which kinda implied that from episode 2 onwards things would start to make sense. For now... we are waiting.

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

Also, the image of the Black King in the end... it would be as crazy as fucking hilarious, but is he...

Hide contents

Is he Jesus? Cuz that mark on his hand... man, that would be so hilarious xD

758a6811278f83356afe0af04f839fd4.jpg

I have read a bit ahead in the manga and it throws out a bunch more hints, but yeah I'm nearly 100% certain that it is.

Just now, Soulless Watcher said:

I have read a bit ahead in the manga and it throws out a bunch more hints, but yeah I'm nearly 100% certain that it is.

Well that's fucking hilarious xD

And kinda confirms my thoughts on the "bad guys" probably being historical figures who died "cursing humanity," so to speak. And interesting switch on morals, as these good guys are the enemies of the story, and the arguably "loosely moral" guys are the heroes.

45 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I love how people are dropping the show or being incredibly butt hurt because

Reveal hidden contents

Jesus 

is a main villain in Drifters. I had no idea this many republicans watched anime. 

Nothing has caused more death and destruction in the world than religion.
And nothing has hindered progress more, without it we would probably be living on mars by now.
So personally i find it quite fitting.

1 hour ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I love how people are dropping the show or being incredibly butt hurt because

Reveal hidden contents

Jesus 

is a main villain in Drifters. I had no idea this many republicans watched anime. 

Wait, people are actually angry at that?

Lol, what a bunch of tools. I love the irony of him being the Black King, since he fits the theme to a T. If we take possible regret/anger at the betrayal by humanity, Jesus is nº1 on that list by a long margin.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

Nothing has caused more death and destruction in the world than religion.
And nothing has hindered progress more, without it we would probably be living on mars by now.
So personally i find it quite fitting.

Religion is one of the causes that we didn't lose too much progress and culture during the medieval ages. They were far more positive than negative, when it comes to knowledge and its safe-keeping.

• 2 weeks later...

So, is anyone watching Mahou Shojou Ikusei Keikaku as of late? I went in with skepticism but man has this show been a ride lately. Despite being a Death-match genre anime, it's managed to stay away from the tropes seen in those, such as "Villain of the week" type enemies and "backstory=deathflag for character". While Ikusei Keikaku suffered from it in the beginning, it was more of a way to kickstart the action.

Another problem with these type of anime is "Main Character Plot Armor" syndrome (the MC does suffer from this too), but they've managed to counter this with the exact same escape, which is by practically making the MC irrelevant to the plot recently. All characters play their role in the story, with the anime focusing on everybody, giving backstory to multiple characters in single episodes, you just don't know who to support and who will die next. With a significant deathcount for there just being 8 episodes out, I'm genuinely surprised in each and every scene. Overall, this anime is just a surprise to me. 

*Disclaimer: My background of deathmatch stories is rather small so yeah, maybe I'm just missing out on the good stuff.

13 hours ago, Ceris said:

So, is anyone watching Mahou Shojou Ikusei Keikaku as of late?

I watched two episodes and, as a parent, after the way they ended the second episode I shredded my hard drive, burnt my monitor and smashed my PC to pieces and threw it out the window.

Of course I'm likely the only person on this forum who feels that way about Ikusei, but I figured I'd point out that not everyone gets off on it.