Jump to content
Nosebleed

Fall 2016 Anime Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, Okarin said:

Apparently Ajin originates from a manga whose creator wrote the first volume and then left the task to the artist. :michiru:

Also 80% of the chapters are named after western videogames.

 

tbh, i'm extremely worried about season 2, people are saying that in the manga now, the genre shifted too much...i'll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

I'm quite interested in Kubikiri Cycle, since Okama (my favourite Japanese artist) is doing the storyboard, and it's the first time he's doing so. Really curious how that's going to turn out. Also, Yuki Kajiura speaks for herself.

That's one depressing synopsis, for Kubikiri Cycle xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

That's one depressing synopsis, for Kubikiri Cycle xD

Well excuuuuuuse me, princess, but how is it depressing? (or indeed, a synopsis at all?)

Anyway, I just don't care very much about plot, more about art & sound

Nisioisin can go suck a dick for all I care doesn't interest me, I'm afraid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Well excuuuuuuse me, princess, but how is it depressing? (or indeed, a synopsis at all?)

Anyway, I just don't care very much about plot, more about art & sound

Nisioisin can go suck a dick for all I care doesn't interest me, I'm afraid

No silly, I meant that I went to MAL, checked the anime, read the synopsis, and thought "dang, that's depressing" since it says: Even though it seems that he contributes a lot, he always finds out that whatever he did was meaningless in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

No silly, I meant that I went to MAL, checked the anime, read the synopsis, and thought "dang, that's depressing" since it says: Even though it seems that he contributes a lot, he always finds out that whatever he did was meaningless in the end.

Oh sorry.

Why do I always get offended so easily... 

Yeah that does sound depressing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, Keijo is even worse than I expected. There's just... it's just such a big ball of concentrated bs and sexist fan-service xD

Regarding All Out, though, I'm 60/70% convinced. I love we are getting an anime on Rubgi, but I dislike how it's going a bit for the "power of friendship triumphs all" route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Aaaaand Drifters succeeds, yay~... well, for now at least. The adaptation to anime really makes it more smooth and amenable. I also just realised that it's by Hellsing's author, which is nothing but obvious from the art.

Honestly speaking somehow this one managed to sneek under the radar for me until just before it aired.
Was kind of worried since these kind of series are really hit and miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, havoc said:

Honestly speaking somehow this one managed to sneek under the radar for me until just before it aired.
Was kind of worried since these kind of series are really hit and miss.

I remember reading the first chapters from the manga, but it was soooo dense it just bogged me down and I dropped it soon enough. This was a few years ago (I think?), so when I saw it in AniChart I thought "Hey, it's that weird manga!"

Had some expectations on the transition to anime making it less dense and cooler. I mean, it's very Hellsing-like, with lots of gore and dismemberments. And I'd say it succeeds. The first episode was quite cool, and it's really well animated.

ALSO. The beginning has some CGI, and they actually pull it off properly! Kudos to the studio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I remember reading the first chapters from the manga, but it was soooo dense it just bogged me down and I dropped it soon enough. This was a few years ago (I think?), so when I saw it in AniChart I thought "Hey, it's that weird manga!"

Had some expectations on the transition to anime making it less dense and cooler. I mean, it's very Hellsing-like, with lots of gore and dismemberments. And I'd say it succeeds. The first episode was quite cool, and it's really well animated.

ALSO. The beginning has some CGI, and they actually pull it off properly! Kudos to the studio.

These kind of series have a tendency to develop into a convoluted mess by the end because the manga tends to be overly dense.
Its also what i meant by hit and miss.

It all going to depend on how much time and effort went into the production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, havoc said:

These kind of series have a tendency to develop into a convoluted mess by the end because the manga tends to be overly dense.
Its also what i meant by hit and miss.

It all going to depend on how much time and effort went into the production.

Well, the studio was made only for the anime, so I'm guessing/hoping they threw their everything into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Well, the studio was made only for the anime, so I'm guessing/hoping they threw their everything into it.

Here is to hoping because these kind of series tend to have a lot of promise but fall on their face way to often for my taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Izetta off to a great start. The character design really reminds me of SAO though, probably because it is Abec doing them....

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei. Well let's see if this one can actually do a good dark Mahou Shoujo anime. Hopefully. Or at least enough blood and gore to keep being interesting

Bungou stray dogs season 2!!! What!!! There's not a single 

Spoiler

Atsushi orphanage flashback or Kyouka proclaiming she killed 35 people!? What is this?! Instant AOTS!!

And finally KyoAni saving anime again with a double length episode for Hibike S2! More moe, more yuri bait and more convoluted yet natural high scholl drama~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Izetta off to a great start. The character design really reminds me of SAO though, probably because it is Abec doing them....

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei. Well let's see if this one can actually do a good dark Mahou Shoujo anime. Hopefully. Or at least enough blood and gore to keep being interesting

Bungou stray dogs season 2!!! What!!! There's not a single 

  Reveal hidden contents

Atsushi orphanage flashback or Kyouka proclaiming she killed 35 people!? What is this?! Instant AOTS!!

And finally KyoAni saving anime again with a double length episode for Hibike S2! More moe, more yuri bait and more convoluted yet natural high scholl drama~

Plot twist.

Spoiler

It's Lerche, there's a monokuma, do you really expect Mahou shoujo danganronpa to be any good?

I bet the ahoge grill will survive, and the trap dude will die first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×