Fall 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

22 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I watched two episodes and, as a parent, after the way they ended the second episode I shredded my hard drive, burnt my monitor and smashed my PC to pieces and threw it out the window.

Of course I'm likely the only person on this forum who feels that way about Ikusei, but I figured I'd point out that not everyone gets off on it.

Wow, that's pretty dramatic :michiru: what happened?

3 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Wow, that's pretty dramatic :michiru: what happened?

Big spoiler I guess.

Spoiler

The first magic girl to die in the ensuing deathmatch that is the series' premise - her mother goes to wake her up in the morning and finds her dead in bed. The stuff of nightmares for a parent...

Heck yeah, MGRP is one of the most underrated show this season. Granted it's not that amazing but it's really enjoyable nonetheless. Didn't expect much from it and the 3 episode rule doesn't really pique my interest but I decided to give it a final push and watched episode 4... it definitely exceeded my expectations. As of the latest episode, the show became incredibly hyped and one of my most looked forward of new anime this season, replacing Izetta which just became worse and worse after episode 1....

2 hours ago, Jibril said:

Heck yeah, MGRP is one of the most underrated show this season. Granted it's not that amazing but it's really enjoyable nonetheless. Didn't expect much from it and the 3 episode rule doesn't really pique my interest but I decided to give it a final push and watched episode 4... it definitely exceeded my expectations. As of the latest episode, the show became incredibly hyped and one of my most looked forward of new anime this season, replacing Izetta which just became worse and worse after episode 1....

Exactly how I felt, it started off a little slow then blew way past my expectations. It's not amazing but it's definitely enjoyable for what it is.

MGRP is great. I was originally kind of bored with it, but it's gotten a lot better lately. It's very unpredictable with who's going to die next and in what order. People just kind of die at moments where you wouldn't expect them to, and I love it for it, since it helps keep things interesting. I have a few faults with it, but they're entertaining faults, so I still get a lot of enjoyment out of them. Alice is best girl by the way, she literally has done nothing wrong and despite how she's supposed to seem creepy, she's actually really sweet in a strange sort of way.

Edited by pik3rob

Izetta disappointed... without spoiling, that last episode pulled out lots of unbelievable capabilities on the bad guys' part that just didn't hold any water for being credible for that timespace. The lead bad guy figured out too much with too little information, the technology was out of this world for WWII time, and the motivation for Izetta's nemesis doing the bad guys' bidding was non-existent.

Fail.

4 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Izetta disappointed... without spoiling, that last episode pulled out lots of unbelievable capabilities on the bad guys' part that just didn't hold any water for being credible for that timespace. The lead bad guy figured out too much with too little information, the technology was out of this world for WWII time, and the motivation for Izetta's nemesis doing the bad guys' bidding was non-existent.

Fail.

yeah, the episode was pretty bad. It just makes no god damn sense unless this germany is the germany from wolfenstein, which it clearly isn't as there is no Hitler.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, HotTrax said:

euphonium s2 has been killing it episodes 9 and 10 were so amazing 

that is all i am watching this season 

I need to continue this, saw the first 8 so far, but fell behind,because of end of term stuff and exams. Definitely the most important thing I'm watching this season.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

shuumatsu no izetta, been a damm long time since i was that disappointed in an ending. 

Must say I'm not terribly shocked. Izetta had been showing a sort of... inconsistency regarding quality. It kept a balance of great scenes with bad scenes or weird plot holes. That coupled with the underdeveloped Izetta... made me worry we were going towards that kind of ending. Welp =X

50 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Must say I'm not terribly shocked. Izetta had been showing a sort of... inconsistency regarding quality. It kept a balance of great scenes with bad scenes or weird plot holes. That coupled with the underdeveloped Izetta... made me worry we were going towards that kind of ending. Welp =X

good thing i didn't continue the series then. 

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

You are right, the series was inconsistent not so much the animation but the writing was inconsistent as hell.

When the final episode started i at first thought i missed and episode or you know five.
Part of the problem lies in this being 12 episodes long stories like this need at least 26 episodes to do right.

39 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

good thing i didn't continue the series then. 

yeah was the better choice, first two episodes are great then until around 5 its good then until 12 its okay and episode 12 gave me a wtf moment.

On the on the other hand, i am still really enjoying drifters.
Still kind of sad we have not seen more of the vietnam guy we saw in the first ep.
Would have bun fun if he had met up with the three stooges right around the time it was revealed the most evil man in history had founded the empire.

Edited by havoc

4 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Oh, right.

Well, speaking of this season, i dropped every anime, not because they were bad, but because i wasn't interested and i had my studies.

well, honestly the season was a bid bland in my opinion so you have not missed much.
The only series i am currently watching is gundam which is probably better if binge watched, drifters, strike witches and vivid strike.

Chaos child is next season right?
At first i god it confused with chaos head and was gonna recommend you stay away from it.
Hence i thought wrong topic, sorry for that.

Personally i just hope the similarities end with the names.

The original VN was really cool, not as excellent as S;G and S;G 0, but it was fun. Yup.

Chaos;Child seems to have a really cool protag, the protag is supposed to be very arrogant, i'm looking for it. 

So, there's a really good material with C;C, the only problem is...1cour anime...that's sad.

Oh, also, White Fox is prolly gonna adapt S;G 0 in 2017, that is the anime i'm waiting. 

54 minutes ago, havoc said:

You are right, the series was inconsistent not so much the animation but the writing was inconsistent as hell.

When the final episode started i at first thought i missed and episode or you know five.
Part of the problem lies in this being 12 episodes long stories like this need at least 26 episodes to do right.

yeah was the better choice, first two episodes are great then until around 5 its good then until 12 its okay and episode 12 gave me a wtf moment.

On the on the other hand, i am still really enjoying drifters.
Still kind of sad we have not seen more of the vietnam guy we saw in the first ep.
Would have bun fun if he had met up with the three stooges right around the time it was revealed the most evil man in history had founded the empire.

Pity that Drifters is ending super soon.

And Haikyuu has already finished, dooming us all to depression.

5 hours ago, havoc said:

shuumatsu no izetta, been a damm long time since i was that disappointed in an ending. 

I haven't even watched it yet, but after that wolfenstein episode where all hope was lost for the series, I've had zero expectations since then. The writing was abysmal... Shame since Izetta was très cute.

I have for once kept up with one of the currently airing shows, Izetta, but even someone such as I agrees that things got a little more than contrived. @ittaku's earlier commentary mirrors my own feelings on the matter.

Even then, my utter plebeian status does permit me to derive enjoyment even under said circumstances.
7/10 would watch Izetta wrecking tanks again.

Well I watched it for completion since I made it this far and the end was pretty much what I expected. In the unlikely event someone's still watching and doesn't want spoilers...

Spoiler

The title itself was mistranslated I thought, since I would have translated it to "Izetta, the one who ends it all", but I guess that's too much of a spoiler in itself rather than the last witch which is vaguer. However, Japanese viewers would have all been cued in on that title but I guess they thought that was too much for subtitle viewers or used artistic license or perhaps try and salvage the plot by hiding the ending from the title or something...