Fall 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

20 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Plot twist.

Hide contents

It's Lerche, there's a monokuma, do you really expect Mahou shoujo danganronpa to be any good?

I bet the ahoge grill will survive, and the trap dude will die first.

I expect blood and yuri.

Spoiler

Also yes trap dude will definitely die first, too much flag already. And I think ninja girl becomes MC's yuri bait later on with obviously fighting the ojou-sama type villain that we see from the first 30 seconds.

For a second there I thought I was watching a Shinbou SHAFT anime on drugs.... but nope it's just Occultic;Nine. God that was way too fast and full of ADHD. Well let's just see what's gonna happen next even though it's ultra CConfusing at first (hehe C what I did there hehe) and leaves so many questions that could fill up an entire book and that entire book has absolutely no commas or fullstops or any kind of punctuation to indicate any kind of a break. Regardless, this anime can go both ways so let's go with wait and see...

Izetta is going on the right direction but it still can go awry. Only time will tell.

3-gatsu no Lion could be interesting. Been a while since I watch an anime from Shinbou. The animation is a bit off-putting but the story seems pretty interesting.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei.... that plot twist... should've seen it coming.

Spoiler

I was sure they're gonna die only from killing each other but to actually die from getting dropped out too.... when the word gets out to the rest of the girls all hell is gonna break loose.... 

And that instant delete from Fav. So freaking hilarious.

That flashback too with Calamity Mary. The soundtrack actually mimics wild west showdown themes. Lost my sides there.

Well, I think I have locked down the shows that I will be following for the season. 

-Drifters: It's an epic mix of Hellsing Ultimate with FSN.

-Flip FLappers: I'm getting a FLCL fibe from this, not sure what is going on, but it has an amazing energy behind it.

-Gi(a)rlish Number: Everyone is an asshole..... I fucking love it.

-Stella no Mahou: Fills my moe quota for the season, just soo freaking adorable. 

-Hibike! Euphonium: It's hard to point to exactly what I like about this show. The characters are bit of a mix bag ranging from likable and fleshed out to annoying and rather shallow. The main story is also a bit of a head scratcher. I think it is mainly the small animation quirks that make the show watchable. 

-WWW.Working!!!: Essentially more of the same, just with a different cast with different eccentricities.

dropped flip flappers, i can see the potential but its just no my kind of series.

Drifters on the other hand is great, although im not a fan of the art style.
Do have to wonder when we get introduced to the Vietnam guy teased in the first episode though. 

12 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Drifters is soo fucking cool, although I wonder if anyone will tackle the issue of where the fuck are they getting ammo for their guns and aircraft. Not to mention fuel for a fucking aircraft carrier, although this is a fantasy world so maybe magic or dwarven craftsmanship.

Huh, have i just missed something in the anime?

1 hour ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Eh, I'm assuming you haven't seen the second episode. It shows a bunch of stuff in the op. Hmmmm I wonder if that requires a spoiler tag.

ow the opening, did not watch that just listened to it while i browsed some news sites.

3 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Eh, I'm assuming you haven't seen the second episode. It shows a bunch of stuff in the op. Hmmmm I wonder if that requires a spoiler tag.

It doesn't. The trailer for the show already showed airplanes and such, it's not a spoiler.

Btw, Drifter is indeed friggin cool. The OP is awesome, too. The scene with the sword-less technique for armoured enemies was so gory and Hellsing-y xD

5 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

It doesn't. The trailer for the show already showed airplanes and such, it's not a spoiler.

Btw, Drifter is indeed friggin cool. The OP is awesome, too. The scene with the sword-less technique for armoured enemies was so gory and Hellsing-y xD

sword-less technique for armoured enemies , my fat ass he was just bashing a face with a sword sheet. IF he was doing it with a war hammer thats one thing and besides he has a gun strapped to his ass should have just blown his brains out of course after shooting all the major joints first.

1 minute ago, havoc said:

sword-less technique for armoured enemies , my fat ass he was just bashing a face with a sword sheet. IF he was doing it with a war hammer thats one thing and besides he has a gun strapped to his ass should have just blown his brains out of course after shooting all the major joints first.

Eh, that's what Oda called it. I believe in him!

He also didn't want to kill him (see following scene), so attacking with the sheath makes more sense.

So in Drifters. In the end, everyone who got

Spoiler

transported to that world are just pawns for the that glasses office guy to fight the gothic black haired chick? So in a sense just 2 Gods fighting it out with pawns?

...Nai wa~ What is this, an Umineko chess fight? At least it turns out to be much more exciting than I thought....