Are any of Osamu Tezuka's manga still worth reading?

There's no denying the man's influence on Japanese popular culture, but does any of his work still hold up in any way, writing or art-wise? From what I've heard, he always cared more about quantity than about quality, and it's logical to assume that anything new he did at the time will now have been done better at least once, but I just don't know, and I can never get myself to read something without at least some indication of its quality.

Yes.

Hi no Tori, Budda, Black Jack, Ayako, Metropolis among other things (I'm just listing things off the top of my head here) are pretty much timeless classics now. I have no idea what you like and what you have already read so I can't tell you that you're gonna like them but they're not cornerstones of the history of manga for no reason.

38 minutes ago, Down said:

Yes.

Hi no Tori, Budda, Black Jack, Ayako, Metropolis among other things (I'm just listing things off the top of my head here) are pretty much timeless classics now. I have no idea what you like and what you have already read so I can't tell you that you're gonna like them but they're not cornerstones of the history of manga for no reason.

Fair enough. 

For manga, I mostly value raw, artistic expression through great artwork, with YKK being my favourite manga so far. With Tezuka, the pages I've seen don't impress me, but I can obviously still appreciate a well-written story so I'll definitely give one of those a try