Aiyoku no Eustia script dumping

I'm going to translate Aiyoku no Eustia from where the partial patch by Yandere Translations finished.

I've run into a technical difficulty dumping the games scripts and could use some helping working through it:
-I extracted the arc files using "arc unpacker 0.2.1", this worked fine as far as I can tell (images extracted this way look fine).

-When I then try to dump the extracted scripts (with names like "aiy00010", and no file extensions) using the "bgi script tools" found on tlwiki.org, I receive an error from python: "Error: 'cp932' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 1: illegal multibyte sequence."

-I have tried changing the code page of the console window I use to launch the python script to no avail.

Relevant details: Windows 7 64bit; Python 3.5; Japanese system locale; Console run as administrator.

On 01.10.2016 at 9:09 PM, jspstorm said:

I'm going to translate Aiyoku no Eustia from where the partial patch by Yandere Translations finished.

I've run into a technical difficulty dumping the games scripts and could use some helping working through it:
-I extracted the arc files using "arc unpacker 0.2.1", this worked fine as far as I can tell (images extracted this way look fine).

-When I then try to dump the extracted scripts (with names like "aiy00010", and no file extensions) using the "bgi script tools" found on tlwiki.org, I receive an error from python: "Error: 'cp932' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 1: illegal multibyte sequence."

-I have tried changing the code page of the console window I use to launch the python script to no avail.

Hey, we've been working on it since July:

We've already got all unpacking & porting to our new engine working. Let's join our efforts?

Definitely, that would be awesome. I was thinking of writing my own tools for handling scripts, but this will make things much easier.

How should we coordinate? Is the port 100% functional (I see you said it was 'demo quality' in your quoted post)?

• 1 month later...

Hello guys. I am using the same tools as the TS does. Everything seems to be fine. No errors, no nothing. Repacked .arc are quite swollen for some reason (about 5 times larger compared to original ones) but the BGI does not seem to mind.

I am also working on the translation of this game. Poke me if you are still active and need help.

Edited by liquidcrab

That's weird... I tried translating a bit this summer, and after some fiddling I managed to get those tools working.

If it's of any use here's the first 250 lines of Chapter 3 (TL'd and edited) from back then.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1CZ2Ai5gEW-RE1GZ0x5SUNHXzA/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Chronopolis

• 2 months later...

Is there any news about the translation guys ?

I've been following this translation since 2013 from time to time and every time it seems that someone really pick it up for good, but then we hear nothing for 1-2 years.

Is this the right time for us to see the game translated finally ?