Mirai no kimi to Subete no Uta ni ERROR

posting for Yuni who is having trouble running one of the hatsune miku games https://fuwanovel.net/novels/117

I have a little problem.

My whole WIN 7 System is on japanese now, but it's still not working for me.

I made a Screenshot and hope you can help me fast :(

Thanks

Yuni

eFsBzAO.png

ive seen that error message a lot but it usually pops up for when u dont have Japanese system locale... so im not sure what it could be.

it says "an exception to the script has occurred"

"can't access datasc.ksd"

I think Luch's guess is as good as any. Especially since they only said "it's not working." Does that mean, won't play, or, won't save?

OK, well, I tried something just now.

I delete every file from the savedata folder.

And the game still started up and worked. And then I could still save my game.

I looked in the savedata folder, and the game and written brand new files there.

I tried this on Miku #3, but I think the 1st game is the same engine.

So if all else fails, delete everything in the savedata folder.

[06:37] <MeruP> What he didn't mentioned in his patch is that the exe is completely optional

[06:38] <MeruP> and if you encounter problems you should try without it

Well I can look into making updated patch for 1st game.

What I can tell you about 1st game is that it requires japanese locale. English one maybe will work, maybe not. And old saves obviously not compatible.

Also I heard about some issues with 3rd game but didn't saw any meaningful report with screenshot or something. Just "it doesn't work". For me it does works.

Also about 3rd game. It comes with .exe but this exe is completely optional. If you have issues with it - try without.

UPD: looks like Aaeru was faster. I should've refresh the page before answering ^^

What I said about .exe is only valid for 3rd game. Previous ones don't come with it.

Edited by メルP

Here is a new patch for 「Mirai no kimi to Subete no Uta ni」

The differences are:

- everything remade from scratch (except the translation)

- main menu graphics fixed

- all menus translated (unless I missed something)

- different font

Compatibility notes:

- it may work on different locales, but if not - you have to use Japanese locale

- using Applocale and similar tools is not recommended

- old saves may work, but better delete your old save folder before using this patch

- patch comes with custom .exe, however it is not required to use the patch. Try to use original .exe if you have any problems

I haven't tested on non-JP locale, but in theory it should work. If no - then it can't be helped.

I use Japanese win7 and was able to read through all VN without issues and saves work too.

Of course note that this VN should NOT be installed into Program Files or any other system directory!

Few questions:

1. If they don't use the replacement .exe, the only thing missing is the improved font, is that right?

2. I'm curious what's the problem specifically with applocale vs windows' own Language for Non-Unicode Programs? I always use the latter anyway since I'm constantly playing JP games... I know the windows setting automatically installs the JP fonts for you the 1st time you set it. Does applocale not do that?

3. Do you want me to reference this patch from my regular web site or not? If yes, then can I link to this dropbox or do I need to DL it to a different URL first?

Few questions:

1. If they don't use the replacement .exe, the only thing missing is the improved font, is that right?

2. I'm curious what's the problem specifically with applocale vs windows' own Language for Non-Unicode Programs? I always use the latter anyway since I'm constantly playing JP games... I know the windows setting automatically installs the JP fonts for you the 1st time you set it. Does applocale not do that?

3. Do you want me to reference this patch from my regular web site or not? If yes, then can I link to this dropbox or do I need to DL it to a different URL first?

1. yep. well it should also help for non-jp locales as default .exe uses japanese fonts...

2. I don't know if there is a problem with current Miku game, I just don't support applocale because it often doesn't works as intended.

3. That's up to you. You can do with the patch anything you want but better do NOT link to dropbox. I have many suspicious files there and account may be closed any time or Link changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I made new version of the patch. If anyone interested - download.

Note that this time I haven't tested it till the end, only first few lines!

Changes:

r2:

- everything remade from scratch, yes again (^_^;)

- built with latest SDK

- fixed typos in menu. Also "previous page" and "next page" in history was reversed.

- a bit smaller font

- now asks for confirmation if you tried to close the window.

- translated some error messages and system-related stuff that you hopefully won't ever see.

- corrected one small typo (wrong dot character)

- one instance of "Cake shop vendor" replaced to "Cake vendor". Original is too big to fit in frame without issues.

• 1 year later...

I can't understand this information because I'm not Japanese can anyone of you help me with this I'm really curious what will happen next and yeah this is the part when the protagonist and Miku went out I dunno after that and this is not the part where they'll buy an underwear for Miku  :lol:  :lol:

http://imgur.com/Qg35T9y this the link to the photo because this is my first time posting

I can't understand this information because I'm not Japanese can anyone of you help me with this I'm really curious what will happen next and yeah this is the part when the protagonist and Miku went out I dunno after that and this is not the part where they'll buy an underwear for Miku  :lol:  :lol:

http://imgur.com/Qg35T9y this the link to the photo because this is my first time posting

It failed to read a sprite where Miku is supposed to look surprised. In other words, your VN is broken. Try to reinstall or redownload