Anime Weekend Atlanta - Feel Free to Speculate (Visual Novel only)

littleshogun

The thread title obviously suggested you was free to do any speculation here. As for the participant, there will be two (Mangagamer and Sekai). Mangagamer already announced one announcements earlier (Please Bang My Wife), while we still didn't knew what Sekai will announce later. For the announcement time, it will be at around less than 9 days from now. I'll elaborate more here later, and once again had fun to speculate here.

PS - Let me write about my opinion for those two companies now (Also my guess), and by the way you free to speculate here but only limited to Visual Novel.

About Mangagamer, since they'd announced one NTR nukige earlier here (Please Bang My Wife) and the mentioned NTR nukige was from their new partner, it could be an indication that this is not big convention for them. For more information, back at both of AX and Otakon, their new partner was from some well-known company and it was followed by some well-known untranslated VN. So, I think to be safe the expectation should be like the announcement at Anime Central earlier here ie some hard copies from existing release and maybe some cheap nukige announcements from their old partners (Although I wouldn't dismiss some possibilities of FD announcements though (Hapymaher FD comes into mind), also like back when Fata Morgana FD announced at Anime Central). For the schedule, Mangagamer will had their panel at October 1st, 23:00 EST (Atlanta time) at booth #744 in William Ballroom CDF. Oh, this is the first time they participate here and forgot to said that we didn't need to speculate for their new partner anymore (Duh).

Sekai Project, the schedule for them was at the same day as Mangagamer (October 1st), only earlier there (16:45 EST Atlanta time) and they also already had their booth set up (At booth #725 and #727). As for my guess, it would be probably another slew of their doujin games announcements for either OELVN or Japanese VN (In the past, they managed to got Mado soft which is professional company), possibly the unknown one seeing their performance at Otakon. For more info, Sekai's partner tend to had only one release of their VN before they decided to leave them (Purple Software comes to mind), although of course there's some exception though (Love In Space). Last info here, they'll held the panel at William Ballroom AB there.

Oh, and for personal wish here, I would like if Mangagamer announce Sengoku Koihime later there, seeing that it could be fit for both of Steam version and 18+ version for history of the release there. But I think Shin Koihime was also possible, seeing that there's a fan translation group which already had finished the translation and starting the editing process iirc. For Sekai, maybe Aokana announcement that I would like to hope there. Okay, maybe Ren was kind of did his slightly retard way earlier back at July (Also at March), but he still continuing his work according to Decay (And Ren said it to both of Down and Tay there). I think he could sell his Aokana translation to Sekai IF he still work on it to Sekai there, and it could be the reason that he shut himself from fans (It also could explain why he explode to fans back at July, just like some certain Sekai employee). Once again keep in mind that those 2 was my personal wish, and therefore it might be wrong.

I'm free to speculate?  Total freedom?  Well, in that case, I think MangaGamer is going to blindside everybody by announcing a license rescue of ... say ... Time Stripper Mako.  And they managed to ninja Persona 5.  You never know.  It, uh, it might happen?

I hope they pick up SKM, but I'm sensing trouble from the SKM project.  I also hope they pick up Shuffle: Essence, but given the way that relations with Navel seem to have cooled off, I'm ... not optimistic.  As for games from existing partners, I wouldn't be surprised by more Moonstone Cherry games or more Liarsoft games.

I think MangaGamer exhausted itself with announcements for this year, on Otakon they presented some rather big titles and I don't think they necessarily need to announce anything new right now except for maybe some hardcopies and maybe some low-tier VNs ... And ofcourse, to release some of these 100% translated VNs by the end of the year :D

Anyway, I already think 100% it won't be a new partner ... Just look at this page:

http://mangagamer.org/announcements/

I remember when I was looking at that page during Otakon, on these unknown cards there was "New Partner" inscribed at the upper corners of the cards (Hapymaher and Sorcery Jokers) and you don't see that on these two cards that are left unknown until the convention ... They could purposefully not display that "New Partner" but I don't think that's the case, they probably don't have any new partners for now, they will either give us new hardcopies or it will be something from its old partners (I am looking forward to anything, anyway xD) ...

As for Sekai Project, they actually have a lot of projects on their hands now ... I don't expect anything big by them to be announced but who knows, I think that whatever they announce, it will probably be a short OELVN or a short VN.

quite possible conjurer´s new project in under those 2 announcements. if i remember correctly he did mention sth about talks taking some time, whatever this means, might be aimed at wanting to do a more big/popular title from existing partners, or not, who knows.
also i somehow cant see arnunaru slacking off until next years cons, like his work on sukisuki is progressing at what feels lightspeed and yeah, rance is already done, so bomabarding him with new stuff to do seems rather logical. of course they might also let him rest to not risk him turning into a hollow shell.

20 minutes ago, XReaper said:

quite possible conjurer´s new project in under those 2 announcements. if i remember correctly he did mention sth about talks taking some time, whatever this means, might be aimed at wanting to do a more big/popular title from existing partners, or not, who knows.
also i somehow cant see arnunaru slacking off until next years cons, like his work on sukisuki is progressing at what feels lightspeed and yeah, rance is already done, so bomabarding him with new stuff to do seems rather logical. of course they might also let him rest to not risk him turning into a hollow shell.

After Rance 5 and 6, they'll either adopt the Sengoku fan translation (probably? Isn't it fine?) or move on to Rance Quest, which is Bad End's project, so AruNaru won't have any Rance duties anytime in the near future. 

Naturally that just means he's free for Evenicle!

25 minutes ago, Decay said:

After Rance 5 and 6, they'll either adopt the Sengoku fan translation (probably? Isn't it fine?) or move on to Rance Quest, which is Bad End's project, so AruNaru won't have any Rance duties anytime in the near future. 

Naturally that just means he's free for Evenicle!

seems your fingers did type the thoughts i had on said matter, like me having got brainjacked by the decay. all hail evenicle and glory to the one that´s burning out mentally in the process of bestowing kamige uponst the unworthy western community!

Unrelated but I have an idea what MangaGamer could try to pickup in the following year (or perhaps the year after xD):

Shinsou Noise ~Jushin Tantei no Jikenbo~

From the looks of it, I can definitively see some high quality and the developer of it is a new company called Azurite (which is a collaboration between Liar-soft and Silky's Plus and we all know MangaGamer is partnered with Liar-soft) ... Everything becomes more interesting when we see who else is working on the project:

Staff:

Scenario

- Myougaya Jinroku (Worked on Cannonball, Forest and from what I see on VNDB, Psycho-Pass)

- Nogi Funasato (Gahktun, Sona-nyl, Kindred Spirits on the Roof and a bunch of others)

- Unabara Nozomu

Character Design and Artist:

- Hamashima Shigeo (Eroge, euphoria, No Thank You!, Maggot Baits, etc.)

Definitively looks like something I see MangaGamer picking up sometime in the future, all the names just scream MangaGamer to me.

21 hours ago, littleshogun said:

For more info, Sekai's partner tend to had only one release of their VN before they decided to leave them (Purple Software comes to mind), although of course there's some exception though (Love In Space).

I wouldn't buy too much into the Purplesoft situation, there are plenty of reasons Purple Software could have chosen two different publishers which aren't related to how they think Sekai has been doing.  The most simple explanations being either Sekai didn't want Hapymaher and MangaGamer did, Sekai didn't want to do two titles from the publisher at a time, or Purplesoft wanted try out two different publishers to see how they comparatively do.   There hardly is a reason to lock into exclusivity when there are a number of active localization companies, each with a large work load. 

As for AWA speculation, the highlight of the convention should be the Denpasoft panel.  There is a good chance they'll have announcements either for new titles or 18+ releases of some of their announced titles, but besides that just getting an hour long panel outlying what Denpasoft is planning to do is a new thing that we haven't got before.  Even before the panel was announced, there has been a number of noteworthy developments involving Denpasoft since AX. 

I see, then maybe I should said that 'Sekai partners tend to had one release with them' earlier. Well, either way we at least would get two Purple Software VNs here.

Okay, I'm sorry for not realizing Denpasoft panel earlier there, but for the schedule it was at the same day as Sekai panel, while for the exact time I'll elaborate here later. As for speculation, maybe 18+ content for some announced VN or some new eroge if want to be positive here, or it could be some cheap nukige. Let's see this later.

PS - The exact time for Denpasoft panel would be at October 1st, and for the time and place it was 20.00 EST Atlanta time at William Ballroom CDF. As for the booth, still no information.

2 minutes ago, MrBanballow said:

Every time I see eden* on sale, I buy it. I have like 20+ unused activation keys at this point, and have gifted it to a few friends on Steam. I don't regret it.
The time has come for the Hardcopy...
... or, the time has come for my hopes to be crushed, again.
I'm gonna be honest, it's like a 30/70 split.

This is you on twitter, I guess xD:

It looks like MangaGamer kind of answered the question of eden's hardcopies here:

http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answers/120186888946

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:02 PM, Infernoplex said:

This is you on twitter, I guess xD:

It looks like MangaGamer kind of answered the question of eden's hardcopies here:

http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answers/120186888946

Just because we both want eden* hardcopies, and both happen to share the same name, is no reason to assume we're the same person...

... even if we are. :P

Hadn't seen that post before. I'm hoping that it's just taken longer to get the promised reduced mosaics art ready from minori, and not that they think a hardcopy wouldn't sell (eden* was #2 between Evangile and No Thank You for 2015, IIRC).

I don't know about eden hardcopy will be announced here or not right now. But maybe it'll be not one of the announcement here looking from Mangagamer announcement pattern here, also if looking that minori already announced their new game back at AX implying that they'll had Mangagamer to distribute it overseas.

Oh, from Sekai they'll had guest who is work as character design for Yume to Iro to Dekiteru. So maybe Sekai will announce that game or if they want to trying Steam again, it'll be probably Akairo. Keep in mind that was my speculation only, and by the way here's the information in regard of AWA from Sekai themselves.

16 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Haha as if that will ever get released...

Well, it's just my speculation here and usually speculation tends to get wrong here. As for the real answer, obviously we must wait and see later. And the quickest panel there would be Sekai, so guess we'll get the answer from them this afternoon (Or at around 3:30 AM here).

17 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Tags: Blood-related Brother/Sister Incest, Brother/Sister Romance

Yeahhhhhh....probably not going to be on Steam without serious cuts, as in gutting the incest route entirely.  Even without the sex, I doubt a non-AAA game could get away with this very easily.

Remember when Sekai had Kio Nachi at one of their panels at a con, and a bunch of people immediately jumped to the conclusion that they'd be licensing Aokana?  How about we don't do that again?  :sachi: