AITD: A horror visual novel, without visuals?

PAldous

Hi guys,

Yesterday, I released the demo version for my first ever visual novel, Angel In The Dark. Now, I'm looking for people to play it, and let me know what they think. Here's why it's interesting, and why I hope you'll check it out...

It's (hopefully) a fairly unique concept - the story is set entirely in the dark, so all you can see is the text on screen. I'm a composer/sound designer, so it relies on audio feedback to draw the player into the story. I like to describe it as a visual novel, without the visuals. It takes roughly 20-30 minutes to play, and I'm looking for as much feedback as possible before I release the final version next month.

Full story detail, screenshots, features etc below. I hope you'll take the time to check it out.

Thanks a lot :)

https://paldous.itch.io/angel-in-the-dark-demo

Angel In The Dark is a visual novel in which you can see exactly what your in game character can see - absolutely nothing at all!

Screenshots:

xZcwX7.png

RGb5xL.jpg

Something very strange is going on.

Last night, you fell asleep in your own bed. Now, you've woken up in a dark, empty cave, with no memory of how you got there. At least you're not alone - you're joined by a mysterious girl named Lucia, who also has no idea where you are. Your only choice is to wander aimlessly in the darkness together, searching for an exit.

Will you find a way out of the cave, or will you fall victim to one of the traps littering your path?

Features:

- Four unique endings
- Atmospheric, original sound design
- An original soundtrack
- Absolutely no visuals (aside from text, menus & logos, etc)

*** Warning: Contains some strong language ***