Kurisu-chan no monogatari -My japanese learning experience.(no one has seen the mistake)

Kurisu-Chan

Well, ohayo gozaimasu, namae wa kurisu-chan ...oh and fuck it, i'm never polite with everyone, why would i care here?

Ahem, so, welcome and bienvenue to this thread, here, i'm gonna show you a bit of my world, a world, completely twisted and fucked up... I've decided, to launch myself a new objective, a new objective to achieve for my life, and this objective is...Learning japanese, and this is clearely not something you can do like that, i've thought about it for many, many, many months, and i've reached a conclusion : if i don't learn japanese, i'll regret it for the rest of my life, i want, at least for once, to be able to achieve one of my objectives.

so, what should i say about it? Well, i think i'll do a report every...day, or week, i don't know, but i'll regularely talk here about my experiences, what frustrated me, what did i like, and some neat experiences, why do i write this thread? to give myself motivation, because i know that alone, i won't be able to hold my schelude, i need motivation, i need extreme motivation.

What am i using? Mostly following the ressources material provided by the Tae-Kim thing, i'm also using tangorin and wikipedia, in order to keep a track of the kanji i come accross, i also have memrise and some other apps on my phone, and, most of all, i have a shitton of paper, copybooks only dedicated to japanese learning. I'm going to use my very own learning technique, that i subtly called the "The Blitzkrieg of Doom", oh and don't forget, i'm quite pretentious, so pardon my english if i feel like one of these pretentious brats.

My optimal objective, and i know it'll be impossible to achieve, my week will be separated like that : 6 days of kanji learning, 1 day of grammar learning, each kanji day, i'll try to achieve the result of 20 kanji learnt per day, as for the grammar day, i'll try to catch as much grammar rules as possible. At the end of the month, i'll have what i call the "review day" which will help me to review everything i've learnt so far, what i didn't learn, and will help me organize myself.

It's a really ambitious experience for me, and i'll work as hard as possible in order to achieve my objective. Then, if you guys have some advices for me, or wanna help me, feel free, as for this thread, i think i'll make one update per week/month, i'm not sure, i'll still think about it.

Oh, and i'll start from tomorrow.

Then, Mata ne! 

Didn't had any worthwhile advice here to be honest, although if I want to learn kanji I could just browse characters and seiyuu section at VNDB (Because most of the name should using kanji there). Even though for now I didn't interested much for learning Japanese, nonetheless good luck and don't force yourself there.

My advice would be try not to burn yourself out on it. Learning a language isn't easy and It's a pretty long process. So don't go all out straight away cause most of the time that will burn you out. Just try and get into the habit of studying bit by bit and slowly work your way up from there, that would be best in my opinion. 

Oh and if you have the money maybe go to something like a language school, cause it doesn't hurt having someone you can ask in person for help. It's also a good way of making sure that you at least have a definite time when you study the language.

It also doesn't hurt to have a specific goal in mind like something to work towards for example maybe there is an untranslated vn that you really want to play, maybe you could make it your goal so that if you ever lose faith you can look at that and remember why you are doing this.

And make sure to have fun while doing it. Hope it goes well for you. I am rooting for you! 

I think grammar twice a week might be better if you can, it lets you actually read stuff which helps motivation. Other than that, don't you mean kurisu-chan no monogatari? Using wa is more like saying you are a story, though honestly I'm not sure if it even makes much sense :P

Good luck on your assault on the Fapanese language. How often do you wish to be reminded in fsjpg? w

Fucking weebs :makina:

59 minutes ago, FrozenRaven said:

My advice would be try not to burn yourself out on it. Learning a language isn't easy and It's a pretty long process.

English is extremely easy to learn. Russian is very easy. German is easy once you grasp the grammar basics.... so nope, you're wrong. Learning *certain* languages might be difficult, but learning new languages isn't; it's a matter of appropriate mindset.

:Teeku:

16 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

German is easy once you grasp the grammar basics....

I tried to learn German for three years at school, and dude just... wut.

Adjective conjugation, article conjugation, changing (often seemingly arbitrary) articles for every noun... Shit is fucking crazy, especially grammar-wise. It's by no means easy.

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

I tried to learn German for three years at school, and dude just... wut.

Adjective conjugation, article conjugation, changing (often seemingly arbitrary) articles for every noun... Shit is fucking crazy, especially grammar-wise. It's by no means easy.

German is an extremely systematic language and follows certain schemes almost always without huge amounts of exceptions like, say, English

So yeah, German is on the easy side

eh . i started to learn basics too, but i'm too much lazy too keep up regular schedules, so i started to abandon the idea... but today ,while talking to the waitress of a japanese restaurant , i learned that a retired japanese teacher was giving class  in my town (language+ calligraphy.) if it's not too much expensive,and since i dont do anything like sports or whatever,i think it might be a more efficient way to learn the language.

and also , no . german is not on the easy side for everyone. i've been trying to learn it for something like  6 years,and i still dont know how to conjugate a verb,and where i must place it in a phrase. but to be honest,even in french,i suck with grammar and syntax , i know how to write and speak properly cause it's my native language, but i'm unable to explain how the grammar work...

Need to put my vote in for grammar too. No amount of knowing characters will make you understand the fucked up context dependent sparse language that has incredibly ambiguous grammar that only starts making sense after years of reading tons of shit. Knowing who's doing what to whom is 90% of the battle and nothing can automate that. Kanji can be looked up.

As others have said, focus on grammar.  Learning kanji is a very long grind that can be mostly bypassed nowadays with automated parsing and dictionary-lookup.  To some extent, optical character recognition (OCR) can even automate this process for text that can't be hooked.  Focus on hiragana, katakana, and radicals, and leave the kanji grind for later after you've mastered the grammar.

The quicker you pick up the basics (grammar, hiragana, katakana), the quicker you can actually start reading untranslated VNs.  It's possible to get to that point in less than 3 months (1 year of Japanese courses or 400hrs of intensive study).  The courses are useful if you actually want to be able to speak the language someday and not sound like an anime character trying to speak broken English with a crippling Japanese "accent".

On 9/20/2016 at 8:59 AM, Kurisu-Chan said:

Are you not patient? 

no, because

On 9/17/2016 at 7:32 AM, Kurisu-Chan said:

Well, i think i'll do a report every... -->day<--, or week, i don't know, but i'll regularely talk here about my experiences,

We demand daily updates!@#$ :pyaa:

How's it going btw?