IMO best of the best VN reading dilemma

Hayashi

suba is crap 80% of the novel, i didnt even bother with sakura and giniro is really a different novel from the first two(I assume since like I said didn't read sakura).
It all depends on what you want to read, something pretty slow and heartwarming or something really fucked up and pretentious :sacchan: all of them are pretty long so if you don't have time to read you shouldn't pick any of those.

18 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

suba is crap 80% of the novel, i didnt even bother with sakura and giniro is really a different novel from the first two(I assume since like I said didn't read sakura).
It all depends on what you want to read, something pretty slow and heartwarming or something really fucked up and pretentious :sacchan: all of them are pretty long so if you don't have time to read you shouldn't pick any of those.

I heard Sakura is the spiritual successor of Subahibi. So I will have to read both. 

1 hour ago, Kiso said:

I heard Sakura is the spiritual successor of Subahibi. So I will have to read both. 

it's from the same writer but they dont have any relationship between them, so there is no need to read both, well other than because you want to read them that is :P 
again leaving aside what I think of the novels they are really different, so it all depends on what you want to read, something calm, pure slice of life or something full of all kinds of things (a really dark denpa, mind screw... might summarize it)

1 hour ago, Khazit said:

SubaHibi? Is there a full trans yet?

I gave up halfway through reading it using auto-trans software.

nop, it was never released, there is a partial patch only.

If you really need to read those 3, maybe you should finish Subahibi first because it was the shortest between those 3 if we looking at VNDB. Although if you looking for something more lighthearted, maybe Gin'iro Haruka. But you better prepare more than 50 hours though if you want to read it completely, because from what I'd read each character route there was very long (Around 10 or so hours). For Sakura no Uta, didn't know much to be honest here, but I think it would be between Gin'iro and Subahibi if I see from the content.

38 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

I don't feel like everyone just saying IT'S SHIT with no explanation is very helpful. Can we get some opinions from someone who doesn't think subahibi is pretentious kusoge? Surely, It's vndb rating should mean there are some?

they are being sarcastic... I think :sacchan: