A VN with a villan type protagonist

dfbreezy

So i'm looking for A visual novel with a protagonist who doesn't have that "goody two shoes" mentality. Someone who is willing to kill to achieve his goals and is highly intelligent. Having superpowers or being action themed is a plus.

Pragmatic, probably is a bit weak to describe what i'm looking for, as Some pragmatic protagonists still bear these inhibitions. Badass is also a bit weak, as you can be badass and still be unable to wow me with your badassery (unless you're Yoshino).

Got any ideas for me?

You might stumble into a problem; there aren't really that many vn's, which feature well fleshed out characters, who aren't as much "evil", as more of being in conflict with whatever other groups of interests strive for. Such characters, with their own moral code, acting according to their own rules, having clear and down-to-earth goals and not behaving in a purely evil, but morally ambigious ways are a rarity in japanese vn's.

...Although you might try the Cyber Slayer or Hanachirasu.

Maybe Rance series if you follow Villainous Protagonist tag at VNDB here (Translated one would be Sengoku Rance here). Oh, and you're into nukige then Conquering the Queen here would be good I think (Had many rape though). And if you need more than Narcosis here already give good recommendations here. Hope it'll help.

Rance lol.  Dude will cheat if he can to get what he wants. 

Like hold an old lady hostage to get an easy kill on his enemy. 

I remember in Sengoku Rance after a earthquake disaster struck an enemy nation, he ordered to send relief supplies filled with poison to that region.  Though his slave switched the poison with laxatives instead.

He is also one of the strongest humans in the world and has a demonic sword capable of killing demons.  Only two exist in the world.   Although he acts like a perverted idiot a lot, he is known to be very intelligent also.

Devils Devel Concept

Shigure Sora - 'A young man attending Shiromine Private School.  His emotions are out of sync to some extent with the average human being.  He frequently ridicules himself as a 'defective human', but that is just the truth, not sarcasm.  In opposition to his delicate and sensitive outer appearance, he hides a brutal aggressiveness within.  Normally, he uses his father's inherited glasses (fake) as a filter, but he has long-since accepted his own violent nature.   He is the possessor of of a bloodline that is rare even amongst the Enja (demon hunters), and his hobbies are housework and hunting demons.'

~I don't understand that stuff... you know, falling in love or dating?

Above is a rough translation of the Getchu character profile.  It isn't far off, but I thought I would add a few things in.  Sora literally only has one moral... obey his contract.  To him, contracts, whether verbal. written, or otherwise, are to be prioritized above all other things.  He lacks most of the softer emotions (the closest he gets to love is obsession or an animalistic attachment) and he really enjoys ripping demons, humans, and other things apart.  He frequently refers to himself as a 'beast', and that description isn't really that far off, since his motivations tend to be very... primal.  He does have a sense of humor, but it tends to take up residence in the realms of Sarcasm and the Macabre. 

5 hours ago, KainLegacy535 said:

Well, you can try G Senjou no maou, i dont want to give spoilers, so just read some random review.

Spoiler

...?

The protagonist does some morally wrong things, but he generally means well, and I don't think of Maou as a protagonist as much as a villainous viewpoint character. The only real thing I can think of that the protag did is rape Shiratori, and you practically have to be going for a bad ending for that to happen.

It was the first game I thought of when I saw this, but it doesn't compare to the other games on this list.

Besides, recommending it is kinda useless because the OP seems to have read it already.

Several of the games by Miel >>>>>https://vndb.org/p918

including 

Kimomen Teihen Shoku Demo Kyokon nara Harem Guild no Shu ni Nareru!? ~Densetsu no Kishi ya Seijo, Maou o Tanezuke Kouryaku! Bishoujo Darake Yume no Bouken Seikatsu!~ https://vndb.org/v12589

(I just wish more of them were translated...... :S)