Guilty Crown Lost Christmas English Patch

Crysis99

Hello Fuwa,

On behalf of the unnamed translation team that worked on the short game, Guilty Crown Lost Christmas, we are finally able to present to you an English patch for the game. The actual translation and editing has been completed a while ago, however technical issues that led to a very long delay. We can finally release for your viewing pleasure. Let me credit the wonderful people who made this possible:

Hacker: lolgc

Translator: Aiden K., Crysis99

Editing: Crysis99, Andrew Siu

The patch can be found here, just extract the files into the installation folder and replace any existing files. If you still encounter any bugs, technical issues, or horrible grammar then contact lolgc over at his website. Enjoy.

Oh wow I wasn't expecting this anymore, not too long ago I accessed Guilty Crown Lost Christmas page on vndb and was disapointed at the fact that China got a patch but the english side of thing never got a patch out after all. Well this sure came as a surprise, thank you very much for this, can't wait to add Guilty Crown Lost Christmas to my VN collection.

Hi there,

First I want to apologize for the long wait.
The TL was actually finished in Oktober 2014.

But then real life got tougher, and I had no time to maintain the project.
I'm deeply sorry for this, especially in regards how fast the translator and the editors worked.
But at least we decided to release the latest version today.

Since this is a very old build (december 2015), it could be, that there are still bugs in there, I totally forgot about to fix.
I subscribed to this thread, so if you find any bugs, please post them over here or pm me on twitter.

~lolgc

Speaking about this project, actually this VN was one of rare VN which translated to Indonesian language completely first here. Although it was translated to my language here, to be very honest it's not one VN that catch my attention here. Even if this VN once again not my pick here, I would like to said congratulations for the release to the group here.

Congratulations to the team that finished it, I never heard of this VN but I see it's from Nitro+ so I guess it should be good, even if the translation is in a preview version (I think "preview" is not an appropriate word here, I'd rather call it finished TL v1.0 with possible updates if neccesary) ... I might start reading it soon and will let ya know if I find any bugs :) ... Only thing I want to ask is ... Is this in any way related to any other VNs by Nitro+? Or is it a story for itself? On VNDB I don't see any relations to other Nitro+ VNs and it has only listed an anime connected to this VN ... So I am guessing that I can read this without reading any other VN by Nitro+, I just need to make sure, that's all ^^ ...

18 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Only thing I want to ask is ... Is this in any way related to any other VNs by Nitro+? Or is it a story for itself? On VNDB I don't see any relations to other Nitro+ VNs and it has only listed an anime connected to this VN ... So I am guessing that I can read this without reading any other VN by Nitro+, I just need to make sure, that's all ^^ ...

it´s only related to the anime "guilty crown", you know the weird one where madam brocon tries to screw over the world, anyway, watch the anime before doing the novel, though the former one takes place after it.

15 minutes ago, XReaper said:

it´s only related to the anime "guilty crown", you know the weird one where madam brocon tries to screw over the world, anyway, watch the anime before doing the novel, though the former one takes place after it.

Oh, I see, thanks for the info, I actually thought that by watching the anime I'd just spoil the VN but in this case it seems to be the opposite :) Thank you ^_^

11 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Oh, I see, thanks for the info, I actually thought that by watching the anime I'd just spoil the VN but in this case it seems to be the opposite :) Thank you ^_^

you can do it either way, though i think anime -> novel is better. btw spoiling, basically by watching the anime 2-3people you later encounter in the novel are no strangers anymore (you know what they are going to end up), but reading the novel first would spoiler the anime much more severe, like killing off almost all mystery. (and you dont want to waste 15h watching sth where you know everything from the beginning)

Hi there,

17 hours ago, Nier said:

Preview version? So it's a not a final definitive complete patch?

It's 100% finished, but might be buggy at parts. So there might be updates, when someone reports them. I'll change the misleading word ;)

Back then I wanted to fix the linebreaks and translate the Menus, which are half done...only need to find those files again. Maybe I'll throw the latter one in someday.

And yes, you should watch the anime first, and then go on reading the novel :) There is actually also a lightnovel out there, but it hasn't been translated yet.

- lolgc

On 2016/9/10 at 6:25 PM, lolgc said:

Hi there,

It's 100% finished, but might be buggy at parts. So there might be updates, when someone reports them. I'll change the misleading word ;)

Back then I wanted to fix the linebreaks and translate the Menus, which are half done...only need to find those files again. Maybe I'll throw the latter one in someday.

And yes, you should watch the anime first, and then go on reading the novel :) There is actually also a lightnovel out there, but it hasn't been translated yet.

- lolgc

1st of all thanks for translating the game. Just want to show you there is some bug in the game after i applied the english patch. Somehow after i save the game and want to load it, an error box appear.(link: http://imgur.com/2UNadbU). Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for pointing it out. It's really weird, since saving/loading worked back then. But maybe something messed up 😄. I'm gonna look into it, once I'm back from vacation. Someone already told me on Twitter. I'll dm you and post a global solution here on avail 😋

• 2 months later...
On 30.9.2016. at 10:39 AM, lolgc said:

Thanks for pointing it out. It's really weird, since saving/loading worked back then. But maybe something messed up 😄. I'm gonna look into it, once I'm back from vacation. Someone already told me on Twitter. I'll dm you and post a global solution here on avail 😋

Did you find the solution? I have read the VN today but I have tried to play it in one go and I came at the choice where I can't progress further ... Somewhere where I guess should be an ending, I get a choice like "Live" and that's about it, it just repeats itself and when I decide to revert to an earlier save, I get an error message :D ... Though I am happy for reading this, I definitiively enjoyed this VN so far, it isn't exactly a masterpiece but it is a fun VN to read, this is my first chuuni VN and I enjoyed it for what it is ... Thank you for putting up a fan-translation for it :) ...

Okay, I have beaten the VN, I didn't realise that you just need to click several times on "Live" until the second option pops up on the third try xD ... That was an interesting read indeed, I liked the animation and effects in this VN, rarely do I see such production values in VNs. While the story certainly had flaws I managed to enjoy it despite all of it, including some of the standard chuuni tropes that were present in the VN. Both endings were okayish but nothing special, I'd rate the VN 7, or 7.5 but because of the awesome effects, animation, CGs, good OST I am giving it an 8.5 ... It's a shame that the VN was short, it made me crave for more :D ...

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SoundWaves said:

Thank you guys for finishing the project!!! I really appreciate it.

I wanted to give a heads up on the loading error I'm experiencing. Did you guys ever figure out how to successfully load the game? An error popped up and I'm unable to load the game.

Play the VN in one go, the issue with loading isn't fixed yet I think ... Luckily the VN can be read in a single day and if not, you can always skip read text :D

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...