Mangagamer spoiler announcement, Atelier Sakura

littleshogun

I'm sure English NTR fans will be happy to finally get a title picked up for English release. Ā Atelier Sakura is a prolific creator of NTR games, and a few of them are praised as more than just fetish material (like Remember Saiai no Tsuma). Ā However, I stay away from their titles because they tend to makeĀ masochistĀ fetish games with no player agency and a destined bad end (as far as I can tell). Ā I prefer ELF, Lilim (Darkness), andĀ Mink (EGO).

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

I prefer ELF, Lilim (Darkness), andĀ Mink (EGO).

Yessss, did you mean this ELF? They have awesome art, I tested some of their later VNs and was literally amazed by the art, they have a seriously good artist, LiLim Darkness is also good (I think they have many VNs with "Blue" in their title, I think it's NTR too), the third one Mink EGO is unknown to me. But the first two should have some of their VNs localized, if not for the story, just for the art, it's really good ^^

3 hours ago, Palas said:

I didn't know what Atelier Sakura was andĀ was half-expecting a new Sakura game about girls who paint stuff and have an atelier. I can't say I'm not disappointed.

Funny, because I also didn't know what Atelier Sakura was, and I was half-expecting that MangaGamer was getting involved in localizing Gust's Atelier game series.

I see. Apparently the one thatĀ I'd heard it was famous was not this company, but Atelier Kaguya. Sorry. And while my finding for this VNĀ here might be redundant, this company was specialized in NTR and it should be satisfied anyone elso who like NTR very much (CeruleanGamer here). And the release date was at September 30th here. Look forward if you were NTR fans here. Oh, and while I didn't look forward for this game releaseĀ personally, I'm still support Mangagamer to release it if this sales could help to get more VN license here.

PS - Well, Atelier series was more in line with video games and it was for vonsole, while Mangagamer release was for PC here (And NISA (Also ATLUS for one games iirc) was taking care of Atelier series license too). Just want yo say little trivia here.

PPS - Will True VN Fanā„¢Ā here defend the honor of this company I wonder (The answer here could be either yes becauseĀ this is VN company and already succeeded to make fanatic VN over the year, no because it was nukige, or maybe try another answer here). Just kinda interested here.

44 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

PPS - Will True VN Fanā„¢Ā here defend the honor of this company I wonder (The answer here could be either yes becauseĀ this is VN company and already succeeded to make fanatic VN over the year, no because it was nukige, or maybe try another answer here). Just kinda interested here.

Atelier Sakura is just a maker of cheap nukige with a few titles that cross into non-nukige territory. Ā Their partnership with MG is notable because it's the first licensed NTR gameĀ and the company specializes in NTR, but other than the novelty of the subject matter the partnership is nothing special. Ā They're simply the Softhouse-Seal of NTR developers, minus the animation.

once again the luneman cries in silence for him and his subsidiaries having been ignored again....

- anyway, whilst itĀ“s cool straight ntr-titles are getting no longer neglected, the choice of which one in particular could have been handled with a little more care, like you know, netorare is a delicate matter and if badly written itĀ“s no more than a hollow nukige, except for the who screws whom. personally i believe when coming to such a niche in the niche sub-genre itĀ“s all or nothing. either way, good luck to them, hope it wont be the last and next time maybee...

3 hours ago, XReaper said:

- anyway, whilst itĀ“s cool straight ntr-titles are getting no longer neglected, the choice of which one in particular could have been handled with a little more care, like you know, netorare is a delicate matter and if badly written itĀ“s no more than a hollow nukige, except for the who screws whom. personally i believe when coming to such a niche in the niche sub-genre itĀ“s all or nothing. either way, good luck to them, hope it wont be the last and next time maybee...

Speaking of particular NTR, I think this is the real NTR people wanted, I see it mentioned from time to time by fans of NTR and alike xD ...

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Speaking of particular NTR, I think this is the real NTR people wanted, I see it mentioned from time to time by fans of NTR and alike xD ...

think that one in particular is one of the very worst examples of thrilling and believable netorare. heck i even felt relieved when this most annoying piece of a wimp got his chicks screwed by others, btw. i couldnt care less. oyako rankan is pretty much on a same non-existing emotional level as dasaku & its fd, totally not possible to emphatize with anyone there, except for some of the formers heroines, maybee. not wanting to sound like an ass here, but the way itĀ“s presented in a distant manner somehow reminds me at those short 2-3line-ish news about indian women got gangraped and killed, like you read it, you comprehend it, you forget it shortly after. always been under the impression netorare/netori is meant to hurt/feel great on an emotional level whilst reading, because you (reader) selfinsert into the protag aka the more believable and sympatic/asshole-ish he is to you, the better.

this is the personal opinion of a dude who even faps to mecha, so take his words with a grain of salt.

edit: good ones for example are the original "maro" from elf, some stuff by lune bitters, anim mm, or lilim. heck even "tsuma shibori" & "i can" had its moments, but the very vast majority of said genre is simply put uninspired trash which follows no logic and has no value to it, literary dick-cheese so to speak (apologizes for badmouthing dick-cheese)

10 minutes ago, XReaper said:

think that one in particular is one of the very worst examples of thrilling and believable netorare. heck i even felt relieved when this most annoying piece of a wimp got his chicks screwed by others, btw. i couldnt care less. oyako rankan is pretty much on a same non-existing emotional level as dasaku & its fd, totally not possible to emphatize with anyone there, except for some of the formers heroines, maybee. not wanting to sound like an ass here, but the way itĀ“s presented in a distant manner somehow reminds me at those short 2-3line-ish news about indian women got gangraped and killed, like you read it, you comprehend it, you forget it shortly after. always been under the impression netorare/netori is meant to hurt/feel great on an emotional level whilst reading, because you (reader) selfinsert into the protag aka the more believable and sympatic/asshole-ish he is to you, the better.

this is the personal opinion of a dude who even faps to mecha, so take his words with a grain of salt.
Ā 

I believe you, I didn't read it myself (I am not at that level of Japanese yet), I just stated that for some reason people want this VN and I see it mentioned from time to time ... I am not an avid fan of NTR, it always gives me strange kind of vibes when I think about it, definitively not my favourite type of VNs to read xD Though there could be good ones out there too ... I am mostly interested in NTR with really good art (I have seen recently some of those like Maro no Kanja wa Gatenkei series, Biniku no Kaori, Ningen Debris, Dearest Blue and some other titles), I guess most of them suck in the story department but I can swallow that if it's fappable nukige material, that's why good art is important to me ^_^

56 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Maro no Kanja wa Gatenkei series, Biniku no Kaori, Ningen Debris, Dearest Blue and some other titles), I guess most of them suck in the story department but I can swallow that if it's fappable nukige material, that's why good art is important to me ^_^

None of these titles you listed are pure fap games. Ā These have quality story.

The definitive NTR game isĀ Boku no Kanojo wa GatenkeiĀ (I'm sure Maro no Kanja wa Gatenkei is good also). Ā I didn't eat for 24+ hours and lost 5 pounds while reading that. Ā That's what I expect from a good NTR game: emotional investment.

16 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

None of these titles you listed are pure fap games. Ā These have quality story.

The definitive NTR game isĀ Boku no Kanojo wa GatenkeiĀ (I'm sure Maro no Kanja wa Gatenkei is good also). Ā I didn't eat for 24+ hours and lost 5 pounds while reading that. Ā That's what I expect from a good NTR game: emotional investment.

Yes, I forgot to mention that one too, it's also by Elf and looks quite good ^_^ ... Thank you for your input ^^ I already said that my Japanese isn't at the reading level right now so I can't really know about the story of these VNs, I only follow what other people say they liked so I make notes of VNs that get mentioned more often. But I do like to read everything, I mentioned art as one of the major driving points for me but it isn't always the case. If a story is generally entertaining I can read it till the end provided that the technical side of things works as intended without making my reading experience too hard. Some below-mediocre nukiges were kind of annoying in that department but since i am a completionist I tend to go for the full 100% finished before dropping it off so I can have a full overview of the VN.

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Yes, I forgot to mention that one too, it's also by Elf and looks quite good ^_^

EVERYTHING Elf looks good. even much older works of theirs, such as BE-YOND and consorts. of course the same applies to almost all of their titles in terms of writing, world-building and likeable casts, which on the contrary makes me seriously wonder why many recent works of other developers look like they look. this doesnt neccessarily mean them lacking visuals of high-production value, more the fact story, ambiente & visuals are often not in sync, btw. ones not befitting the others. (e.g. kiminozos planned remake feat. art from you know whom. makes me want to eat my tablet and start burning down cars whilst dancing naked on the streets...yada yada blah)
Ā 

edit: still awaiting the day doten meikai starts a patreon of his :P

As a NTR fan, I'm extremelly happy to see MangaGamer and Atelier Sakura working together. Even though I didn't enjoy the most recent Atelier Sakura's VNs, at least I hope it's the opening gate for the translation of other NTR VNs.

But, I have to express that I'm worried with the title MangaGamer and Atelier Sakura decided to release in the West. It's not a pure NTR title. It starts netorare, but end up falling under the netorase cattegory. I absolutely hate netorase. Even netori, that I'm not a big fan of, is better than netorase, imo.

Atelier Sakura most famous title is the Marina series, that is netorase, not netorare. With the title they chose to release first, I guess they're testing the western market to see if they could go with the Marina series release. If that's the case, I'll be extremelly disapppointed and will give up on ever seeing an Elf, Lilim, Lune Team Bitters or Alice Soft NTR title released.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...