LET'S TRANSLATE!!!

PUBAK

22 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

....yup, some blind worship going on here. smallest of small words of encouragement going on here and its blind worship. are you sure youre not projecting your feelings for decay onto deepy? :makina:

What suggests blind worship here is not the words of encouragement, but the reaction to Decay's post.

Considering the thread starter has dropped the translation project, this thread has suddenly become as useless as underpants in a nudist colony ... and probably just as unwelcome. Should probably be locked before the eye-stabbing starts ... but not before the beard pulling. Beard pulling is always entertaining.

Good luck in your future projects, PUBAK. While you're not at a good enough level yet to translate, I'm confident you'll eventually make it. You have a good attitude and don't take criticisms personally. 

26 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Considering the thread starter has dropped the translation project, this thread has suddenly become as useless as underpants in a nudist colony ... and probably just as unwelcome. Should probably be locked before the eye-stabbing starts ... but not before the beard pulling. Beard pulling is always entertaining.

Good luck in your future projects, PUBAK. While you're not at a good enough level yet to translate, I'm confident you'll eventually make it. You have a good attitude and don't take criticisms personally. 

Aw but I wanted to see the eye-stabbing :yumiko: I do agree with the last part of your comment though, best of luck in your future endeavours PUBAK.

31 minutes ago, Funnerific said:

What suggests blind worship here is not the words of encouragement, but the reaction to Decay's post.

I think the reaction to Decay's post is more about how he said what he said and not so much about blind worship or anything of that sort.

18 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

I think the reaction to Decay's post is more about how he said what he said and not so much about blind worship or anything of that sort.

Decay had a point. A bad translation can completely ruin one's experience, then the player can't just wait for a new translation (and retranslations are extremely rare) or play it in Japanese - he's already had it spoiled and his first impression ruined by this very translation. To flat out disregard this point is what constitutes blind worship.

Just now, Funnerific said:

Decay had a point. A bad translation can completely ruin one's experience, then the player can't just wait for a new translation (and retranslations are extremely rare) or play it in Japanese - he's already had it spoiled and his first impression ruined by this very translation. To flat out refute this point is what constitutes blind worship.

There are different ways to go about saying stuff like that though, that's what I'm getting at here, people didn't respond to Decay or that other guy because of some blind worship or because they thought he was completely off and PUBAK was ready to translate but instead they rose up because of HOW he said those things.

1 hour ago, Chuee said:

There happens to be this wonderful metric called the proper usage of the English language?

And you say his line of thinking is toxic, but quite frankly the kind of blind worship people around these parts have for literally anyone who attempts a translation, entirely regardless of quality, is what is more toxic. The way communities evolve, and get better at their craft isn't by giving people a gold star and telling them they're great just for literally trying. Like, hell, imagine where sports would be if people never thought to get better, and just accepted their level of skill when they were say in middle school. Nobody is telling anyone they can't and never will be able to do something, just that people ought to realize their own limitations at the present and not do something that they quite frankly are not cut out to do. By putting out a god awful translation for a game you're essentially stepping all over it, which should bother you if you have any amount of respect for it at all. If you care about a game, should you not want people to get a decent, enjoyable experience out of playing it? Do you not see how it would greatly hamper an English readers experience if you spit out barely coherent sentences? I mean, if you want to translate, all power to you, but you should strive for a damn higher quality than the level of horse shit found in the Flyable Heart translation. And if you know you can't put out a decently respectable level of translation quality, you should wise up and stop. 

There're many ways of saying the same thing. You can suggest something kindly or even give some good advice and another completely different is to say for example "just stop". 
While I don't agree with everything that Yaskob said I can't say anything to him because he gave the user some useful advice , see the difference there?

But I guess it's hard to leave all the pedantry and arrogance aside, it seems that the goal of the message was more to look down on the user and humiliate him rather than anything else.

If people have a beef with Decay, take it to PM. The forum isn't the place to air the childish resentment of those whose feelings have been hurt and can't control their temper. Go to IRC, Twitter, 4chan, or one of the other trashy places for those comments.

I'm also very surprised the mods haven't done their jobs yet. If such trashy comments continue, what I will do is find the longest song I can, and post the lyrics on here.

One line per post.

Not the place, people.

• Kaguya locked this topic