Kimi NO Nawa

nff21

I liked previous works by him, but Kimi no Na wa. easily rised to my favorite. It wasn't only beautiful (as expected), characters and story were really good as well. Be aware of spoilers!

(and getting a ticket to watch it was hell btw, it had a seriously aggresive marketing campaign and everyone and their mother wanted to watch it)

Ah shit I seriously need to watch this but I don't even know when they will screen it outside Japan.... This anime has so much hype, people are saying it's the anime movie that surpassed Spirited Away and although MAL is utterly unreliable, I'm very surprised it's ranked #1 best anime of all time considering the haters and trollers there....

1 hour ago, Nourunin165 said:

Being on the top list of MAL doesn't mean it's a masterpiece or anything. Just look at Re Zero.

I disagree, popularity does equal quality, maybe it just isn't the kind of quality you care about. 

Anyway, It's already been established that shinkai is a very talented director, so why should we snub him when he suddenly becomes popular as well?

37 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

I disagree, popularity does equal quality, maybe it just isn't the kind of quality you care about. 

Anyway, It's already been established that shinkai is a very talented director, so why should we snub him when he suddenly becomes popular as well?

He's not saying it's bad, it's just not a masterpiece.

I've watched the movie. It was amazing, best Shinkai's work so far but I can't say it's a masterpiece, yes you could argue if it's a masterpiece but you can argue that for a lot of anime. Having a #1 spot is just that the majority who watches that anime enjoys it, doesn't necessarily meant that the anime is a masterpiece.

Besides we can't exactly snub him when there's already plenty of people who hates his style of directing. I dare say the amount of people who likes his work now is tremendously increased compare to those who hates him.