Anime/Manga you're ashamed you enjoyed?

atchikotchi

So upon stumbling animes and/or mangas, there's gotta be one at least where you went "i enjoyed (or it was a-ok) this series, but holy crap i wouldn't just recommend this out loud". As for me, i'm not sure, either between Yosuga no Sora (The Sora arc mostly) or Kissxsis :unsure:/>/>

"C³". Pretty animation (Ruined by low-quality streaming), good music, cute main character; but an otherwise stupid series. Loved it.

High School of the Dead was a fun, but terrible show. Yet I still liked it, and hated the fact that I liked it.

Haha, I can't say I liked it and I'm passing on the second season, but I did end up watching the entire season 1 :unsure:.

I also watched the entire Lamune anime way back when I was in school. Even though it was mellow was hell, but it made me go "awww" so I ended up watching the whole thing :blink:.

Level E and Rosario + Vampire. I feel neither are exactly great representations of what anime can be, although each are very interesting and fun to watch. these shows, while I may enjoy them are certainly not ones I would recommend to my friends who have never watched anime before, lol.

I would say School Days, but I feel it doesn't get the credit it deserves. School Days deconstructed the harem genre (which with the exception of a few works, is a genre I generally hate), so I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how a high school harem would more realistically turn out. I think people hate School Days so much merely because they can't stand an unlikable main character, well get over it! Makoto wasn't suppose to be a likable character, he was a weak, unfaithful douche that was consumed and ultimately killed by his own lust.

Anyway, the real series that I love but never want anyone (other than you guys :]) from knowing I like is Lucky Star. Lucky Star was a show I watched in my earlier anime watching days, and I loved how lighthearted it was. It cheered me up after a day at school. From then, it's turned into the series that I often watch to cheer myself up. But that said, if I had not watched Lucky Star when I did, and watched it now for example; I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did. But I watched it when I did, and as consequence I adore it! (Kagami is my favorite, but Konata comes damn close).

I would say School Days, but I feel it doesn't get the credit it deserves. School Days deconstructed the harem genre (which with the exception of a few works, is a genre I generally hate), so I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how a high school harem would more realistically turn out. I think people hate School Days so much merely because they can't stand an unlikable main character, well get over it! Makoto wasn't suppose to be a likable character, he was a weak, unfaithful douche that was consumed and ultimately killed by his own lust.

Anyway, the real series that I love but never want anyone (other than you guys :]) from knowing I like is Lucky Star. Lucky Star was a show I watched in my earlier anime watching days, and I loved how lighthearted it was. It cheered me up after a day at school. From then, it's turned into the series that I often watch to cheer myself up. But that said, if I had not watched Lucky Star when I did, and watched it now for example; I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did. But I watched it when I did, and as consequence I adore it! (Kagami is my favorite, but Konata comes damn close).

i enjoyed school days,

It starts so awsomely and seems like a typical harem but by the end boom mind blown

:P

You shouldn't be embarrassed about LS! I showed parts to my brother and sister and a few of my friends, and they all loved it!

In the category of manga: Muchakucha Daisuki -- It's cute love story between a city guy and a village girl

In the category of anime: Yosuga no Sora -- I hand't played the game and i prefered watching the anime, and i have to confess I cried many times with it :/ however i still love it.

Im so proud when recommending Ro Kyu Bu or Kiss x Sis or anything really xD Why would I feel ashamed that I love something xD Recommend all them lolis, there is no shame! I am shameless after all :P/>

Classical>

I didn't like School Days because of the bad ends<< It's because that the choosing in the game affected my opinion of even watching it...

Lucky Star- You don't want anyone to know, Why? It's a comedy..

> As For Me < Whatever it may be I can find it enjoyable. No matter how horrible the plot people say it is... I can still try to find it good, however, that doesn't mean I can't drop it.

I didn't like School Days because of the bad ends<< It's because that the choosing in the game affected my opinion of even watching it...

Lucky Star- You don't want anyone to know, Why? It's a comedy..

> As For Me < Whatever it may be I can find it enjoyable. No matter how horrible the plot people say it is... I can still try to find it good, however, that doesn't mean I can't drop it.

Wow, most people I ran into did not play the VN of School Days first. While I do remember enjoying School Days, it's not the type of series I would want to rewatch, or play the VN of. So kudos to you.

As for why I feel weird admitting I like Lucky Star, it's because it's almost the complete opposite of the things I usually watch. Most of the time I go for Seinen, or darker Shonen. Generally if a series doesn't have deep themes and/or well developed characters, and/or intricate and condensed plot; then its not likely I would watch it. So as far as anime goes I rarely watch comedies (I personally feel that the only thing Western entertainment is good at are comedies, so I generally watch Western shows when I want to laugh). Not only that, but Lucky Star didn't have me literally laughing out loud every episode like School Rumble did, yet for some reason I like it just as much. I think it's because while School Rumble was really funny and wacky, Lucky Star is soothing, lighthearted and relaxing.

Wow, most people I ran into did not play the VN of School Days first. While I do remember enjoying School Days, it's not the type of series I would want to rewatch, or play the VN of. So kudos to you.

As for why I feel weird admitting I like Lucky Star, it's because it's almost the complete opposite of the things I usually watch. Most of the time I go for Seinen, or darker Shonen. Generally if a series doesn't have deep themes and/or well developed characters, and/or intricate and condensed plot; then its not likely I would watch it. So as far as anime goes I rarely watch comedies (I personally feel that the only thing Western entertainment is good at are comedies, so I generally watch Western shows when I want to laugh). Not only that, but Lucky Star didn't have me literally laughing out loud every episode like School Rumble did, yet for some reason I like it just as much. I think it's because while School Rumble was really funny and wacky, Lucky Star is soothing, lighthearted and relaxing.

Well, that is specifically how it's advertised. ^^