CG choice in a VN.

Blake

CG choice in a VN.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer decensored CG artwork in a VN or Roman tiles?

• Yay! (Professional uncensored CG from JAST or Mangagamer)
    • Yay! (Amateur work like Fate/Stay Night, Majikoi)
    • Yay! (Professional looking amateur work)
    • Nay! (Prefer original image with mosaic)
    • Neutral (Either option is fine)

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought it was a universal dislike for mosaic CG in a VN and everyone just put up with it because they had no choice, but apparently I was wrong.

As I'm working on something I'd like to gauge the reaction it will receive upon release. It may become the most hated thing in the entire visual novel world so I'd just like to prepare.

I'd like to ask also "why" do you prefer the original mosaic CG?

(By professional amateur work I mean decensored CG like the artist that does those Clochette images and various other types like them.)

1 hour ago, Tiagofvarela said:

"(You prefer Roman tiles despite how much they can destroy the artwork)", pshh, not biased at all.

^

Anyways, I prefer mosiacs. As for the reason, honestly I have no idea. I just like it more than some half assed drawing of a schlong I guess. On that note, I wish companies like Mangagamer would make a "restore mosiacs" option for uncensored games. That way everybody gets what they want.

6 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

"(You prefer Roman tiles despite how much they can destroy the artwork)", pshh, not biased at all.

I never suggested anything else. I even said:

"I've never once had it in my mind that I would prefer mosaic over anything else "

I hate the damn things. They look stupid and a lot of them go beyond just censoring the genitals. Mostly I just can't stand censorship despite what may or may not be contained under the mosaic.

2 minutes ago, Blake said:

I never suggested anything else. I even said:

I hate the damn things. They look stupid and a lot of them go beyond just censoring the genitals. Mostly I just can't stand censorship despite what may or may not be contained under the mosaic.

I understand your opinion, but that's not the way you make polls. You can't guilt-trip the ones taking it into choosing the option you want. It wouldn't be an accurate assessment then.

I want to said why there's no option like 'I don't care' here earlier (Before you add neutral option that's it). So, my opinion about this matter here should be obvious, and it was neutral ie I don't really care if the CG was had mosaic of not here. To each of their own here I guess if you prefer mosaic or not.

It's a hard question to answer, or at least to pick one of the choices. The professional work like MG is actually just getting the Japanese image from before they censored it. Sometimes they are great and sometimes they made something, which was really quick because it would be censored anyway.

I think my answer would be that I prefer good looking uncensored/decensored from whoever can do it best. However there are horrible artworks out there where it's valid to argue for censoring it to hide the awfulness. In other words all the options in the pool could be the best as the answer depends on the specific VN/artwork. Also if we go into this, we would also have to consider that just like there are multiple uncensored versions, there are multiple ways to censor images. Suddenly this rather simple question becomes quite complex to answer.

14 hours ago, tymmur said:

It's a hard question to answer, or at least to pick one of the choices. The professional work like MG is actually just getting the Japanese image from before they censored it. Sometimes they are great and sometimes they made something, which was really quick because it would be censored anyway.

You are right. Just choosing from those options listed doesn't go any deeper into the issue. For instance I like some of the fan decensoring out there, but some of it just isn't up to scratch, I also like the official uncensored art that we get. I think both have problems. As you said some of it is good stuff whilst others were just half-arsed. The woman that does the artwork for Eroge! and Euphoria said that she draws in the detail in the hopes that it would one day be uncensored. I like that approach but obviously not all artists are going to do that.