Remastered Bioshock: The Collection

Arsudar

Just an announcement for people who are Bioshock serie's fan:
The Bioshock Collection will be launched in North America on September 13, Australia on September 15, and internationally on September 16.
This includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, all have remastered visuals in 1080p.

Will you get them?

30 minutes ago, Arsudar said:

Just an announcement for people who are Bioshock serie's fan:
The Bioshock Collection will be launched in North America on September 13, Australia on September 15, and internationally on September 16.
This includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, all have remastered visuals in 1080p.

Will you get them?

Is there anything else that was added besides remastered 1080p visuals? I played Bioshock 1 back in the day, others I planned to but if it's just the new 1080p visuals then it's not worth it for me. I'd just play the old ones then.

Edited by Infernoplex
typo

30 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Is there anything else that was added besides remastered 1080p visuals? I played Bioshock 1 back in the day, others I planned to but if it's just the new 1080p visuals then it's not worth it for me. I'd just play the old ones then.

Yeah sadly it seems just that. 

Let see, for the collection, you will get 3 games with 60$, all 3 games will include full DLCs.

It also includes developers's behind the scene and stuff but I think most people will ignore that.

@Arsudar - I see, it's cheaper that way then, if I would to buy it now it would be 70 euros for this triple pack but I'm not into Bioshock right now, I will wait and see first how the new remastered one performs, whether there are optimization issues and so forth ... Right now I don't really have a gaming PC so I really have no use of remastered 1080p visuals and I guess they could really strain my PC over here xD I remember playing Bioshock 1 on high settings on my old PC which was weaker then this new one but I never go into high resolutions and more then medium settings on this one :) Anyway, thanks for the info :D

the remastered version adds a lot of new textures and improves a lot of the old ones too but yeah the changes are mostly aesthetic, still I think it's worth it, the games looked great vanilla (specially BS1)now they look even better.
If you already own the games you don't have to buy anything (remember what dark souls 2 did, huh?) 

10 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

the remastered version adds a lot of new textures and improves a lot of the old ones too but yeah the changes are mostly aesthetic, still I think it's worth it, the games looked great vanilla (specially BS1)now they look even better.
If you already own the games you don't have to buy anything (remember what dark souls 2 did, huh?) 

The changes mostly about aesthetics so I think this will mostly attract old fans of the serie. Not sure about the others though cuz they can them with pretty cheap price.

Not sure what you mean with Dark Souls II though.

3 hours ago, Arsudar said:

The changes mostly about aesthetics so I think this will mostly attract old fans of the serie. Not sure about the others though cuz they can them with pretty cheap price.

Not sure what you mean with Dark Souls II though.

namco bandai released "dark souls 2" then added new effects (not even better textures) and sold the game as a new game naming it "DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin" even for those who already owned the game, full price. So there are companies that do some shady stuff, at least 2K and Irrational Games are not doing that.

On 9/6/2016 at 2:03 AM, Deep Blue said:

namco bandai released "dark souls 2" then added new effects (not even better textures) and sold the game as a new game naming it "DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin" even for those who already owned the game, full price. So there are companies that do some shady stuff, at least 2K and Irrational Games are not doing that.

Ah yes I remembered, Scholar of the First Sin. Not mention the graphic aspect, the only thing they add in the game is the 3 DLCs in which probably people already bought it long time ago.
This edition is most likely for people who haven't get Dark Souls II yet.

On 7/9/2016 at 3:26 PM, Arsudar said:

Ah yes I remembered, Scholar of the First Sin. Not mention the graphic aspect, the only thing they add in the game is the 3 DLCs in which probably people already bought it long time ago.
This edition is most likely for people who haven't get Dark Souls II yet.

Doesn't it also change the location of the enemies and all? 

On 9/13/2016 at 0:25 AM, Kurisu-Chan said:

Doesn't it also change the location of the enemies and all? 

True but not much anyway. I mean it could surprise ppl who've already played the game beforehand so to me that's not really impressive. Or it just because I played as cheesy spellcaster :D.

It does seem like a profitable sale for newcomers, but personally, the Bioshock series just never had much replay value for me. Sure, there are two endings in the first game, but you could just watch the other one on YouTube. Infinite is a linear experience with a single ending, so again, no replay value for me.

I don't really see much point in buying another copy of the game unless they add extra content. preferably a new route with a new heroine like a visual novel.

WARNING FOR PC GAMER: I've seen the reviews and overall the collection is good enough, not excellent but yes exceptable. However, PC version is "wonderful" port with "bug-fest" and "crash-fest". I plan to play on Steam, so seems it is best to wait until the patches fix all that annoying "fest". 

1 hour ago, Arsudar said:

WARNING FOR PC GAMER: I've seen the reviews and overall the collection is good enough, not excellent but yes exceptable. However, PC version is "wonderful" port with "bug-fest" and "crash-fest". I plan to play on Steam, so seems it is best to wait until the patches fix all that annoying "fest". 

Yup, I could have predicted that :)Though I intend to play the non-remastered version anyway, because I think it's less problematic in all ways possible :D

On 9/21/2016 at 5:57 PM, Infernoplex said:

Yup, I could have predicted that :)Though I intend to play the non-remastered version anyway, because I think it's less problematic in all ways possible :D

Sign... really stupid of me, putting hope on this. But look on the bright side I guess I can get Bioshock 1 and 2 with cheap prices and mod them up.

3 minutes ago, Arsudar said:

Sign... really stupid of me, putting hope on this. But look on the bright side I guess I can get Bioshock 1 and 2 with cheap prices and mod them up.

That's still an option :) Good idea I guess ... Though it isn't your fault the remaster didn't live up to its expectation, don't blame yourself for that ^_^