Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker

Mugi

Just picked it up on a whim since its one of the few SMT series that I haven't picked up, and after I learned you didn't need to play the first one first. What do you guys think of it, and the first one? Apparently this version has full voice acting, which is nice. Any tips so I don't get annihilated? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply. As for my answer here, basically both of those Devil Survivor had a premise of surviving for a week in a place which full of demons. If you ask my opinion about this, I think the first one was more darker than the second one, while for the second one the threat was more wide scale compared to the first one (Quite hard to explain without spoiler). Oh, and the tips for survival should be:

1. Crack as much as skill as possible in story battle and free battle
  2. Fuse as often as possible, if possible your demon should be near of your character level
  3. Set your skill properly. For example if your character had higher strength you should set up physical skill
  4. Try to make your team balance (Both of magically and physically) if possible
  5. Aim for enemy weakness if possible
  6. Learn and set up dance skill to high magic character or demon (Oh, and maybe you should set MC stat toward magic)

That's all for the tips that I could remember from my playthrough, and hope it could help you. If not, just ask again here.

PS - By the way, about Record Breaker there I'd read that there's some mew content compared to original Devil Survivor 2 at DS.

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

PS - By the way, about Record Breaker there I'd read that there's some mew content compared to original Devil Survivor 2 at DS.

Yep, theres pretty top notch full Atlus voice acting, a new chapter meant to be played after you finish the initial game, and I think a few other new things.