Sekai Project fails to secure nearly finished Baldr Sky fan TL

sanahtlig

13 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

No one said they were.

See the post by Novel21 and multiple posts on Visual Novels sub-reddit who commented on the assumption that they were.

33 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Seiha reveals that negotiations with Sekai Project for their nearly complete Baldr Sky fan translation have floundered due to gross communication failures.

"negotiations", if you can call them that, from what he is saying, Aroduc/Seiha Translations wanted to make a deal with Sekai Project, while Sekai Project isn't interested. That's pretty much it.

17 minutes ago, Nier said:

See the post by Novel21 and multiple posts on Visual Novels sub-reddit who commented on the assumption that they were.

"negotiations", if you can call them that, from what he is saying, Aroduc/Seiha Translations wanted to make a deal with Sekai Project, while Sekai Project isn't interested. That's pretty much it.

They were under the assumption because people were saying aroduc was gonna work on it back when it was announced.

You're not reading the whole post are you? Aroduc said they were in talks but SP offered them a measly amount for the work and then just stopped replying to his emails.

10 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

Aroduc said they were in talks but SP offered them a measly amount for the work and then just stopped replying to his emails.

You misread that, please read it again. Sekai Project was not interested in this deal, they offered him some money as compensation, not because they were going to use his work, but as compensation for dropping what is doing because they most probably have plans already, plans that does not involve him or his translation.

Remember the similar situation with Chiru Chiru Michiru, koestl and that other fan-translator, that other fan-translator who wanted to make a deal with Sekai Project, but Sekai Project already had plans, plans that involved having the translation done by koestl, not that other person.

7 minutes ago, Nier said:

You misread that, please read it again. Sekai Project was not interested in this deal, they offered him some money as compensation, not because they were going to use his work, but as compensation for dropping what is doing because they most probably have plans already, plans that does not involve him or his translation.

Remember the similar situation with Chiru Chiru Michiru, koestl and that other fan-translator, that other fan-translator who wanted to make a deal with Sekai Project, but Sekai Project already had plans, plans that involved having the translation done by koestl, not that other person.

7 minutes ago, Nier said:

not because they were going to use his work,

11 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

to hand over everything we've done and walk away

:wahaha: Do you even?

It seems to me that SP is badly wanting to auto-self destruct itself, every time I hear something new about them it's always something bad, from bad communication with fans and community, to everything else VN-related, it's just mind-boggling to me why people still support them after everything they have done and keep doing it, if anything I'd really like to see them fall and let somebody else licence Baldr Sky.

They offered him money as a courtesy, if they wanted to be mean they could just have sent him a C&D and that would have been it. Sekai Project is in under no obligation of contracting him for the translation, they probably have their own idea on who they want to work on it and it's not Aroduc.

It's really sucks for Aroduc though, but Sekai Project isn't at fault in this. it was Aroduc who took it upon himself to fan-translate it in secret since 2015.

I'm curious if it is because they are planning a edited "all-ages" version for a steam release and they didn't feel like dealing with someone who could have possibly thrown up a fuss.

Yes I know, that is some heavy speculating on my part and that I'm projecting my own fears about the release. 

13 minutes ago, Nier said:

They offered him money as a courtesy, if they wanted to be mean they could just have sent him a C&D and that would have been it. Sekai Project is in under no obligation of contracting him for the translation, they probably have their own idea on who they want to work on it and it's not Aroduc.

It's really sucks for Aroduc though, but Sekai Project isn't at fault in this. it was Aroduc who took it upon himself to fan-translate it in secret since 2015.

Great. We won't see a peep for Baldr Sky in upcoming years since according to you, silence is the greatest form of communication and Sekai Project is just that swell in the art of communication.:makina:

Not like it changes anything since Aroduc has stopped doing anything with BS anyway. C&D may just speed up the process.

Keep continue fighting for SP's honor while its reputation will be flushed downhill further as "True VN FanTM".

At this point, Baldr fans should really consider learning Nipponese.

Just now, Soulless Watcher said:

I'm curious if it is because they are planning a edited "all-ages" version for a steam release and they didn't feel like dealing with someone who could have possibly thrown up a fuss.

Yes I know, that is some heavy speculating on my part and that I'm projecting my own fears about the release. 

I don't think we should worry about this anymore, I think that Sekai Project FINALLY figured out that Kickstarter is fine with them selling "denpa versions" (NEVER use any other terminologies, they are trigger words, use the new terminologies "denpa" or "nutaku"), so they won't have to release censored "sekai versions" if the games are originally denpa games, such as Baldr Sky, look here:

https://vndb.org/v1306

https://vndb.org/v1913

As you can see, it's only denpa, no sekai there.

8 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I'm really feeling sorry for Aroduc, because it would mean that he's wasted a lot of time and effort for a translation that will go to waste.

Yep, that's the big problem, Baldr Sky is an extremely long game, since he's been working on fan-translating it since 2015 and has been at it until 2 months ago, he might have translated quite a good chunk of Dive 1 (though, he did release Bunny Black and Bunny Black 2 in 2015 and 2016 also).

Oh and Aroduc doesn't even like the game.

I just wanted to point out, there are much better games in this genre :makina:

To keep things short - SP is propably in talks with Giga/TeamBaldrhead and it's prolly the delay on japanese side, that caused them to put any occuring talks with Seiha on hold; from a business perspective, they are in no obligation to continue any sort of negotiations with them, albeit plain courtesy requires at least any sort of meaningful reply, as to not keep them in the dark and on hold. That said, fan translations are a gray zone and Aroduc could as well get a C&D already; I'm truly sorry for him, but he did knew himself already where he's going, so seeing Seiha complaining about the delay and "not being able to further work on the translation" can be perceived as childish. 'Tis a risky hobby, boys.

TL&DR

You reap what you sow. My guess is this might really put SP in a bad light, especially considering the hardcore western fans aren't pleased with their latest sheaningans. That and future of Baldr games is at risk, too.

21 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

You know, that actually makes sense to me, but then again, you are right, it sounds a little bit like a conspiracy theory but with SP as a subject I am ready to believe in anything and everything since they often leave a lot of space for that and aren't very transparent.

You know, Sekai Project working with Aroduc may brings them in better light. I mean, the guy has taken the time to translate it. Hell, Baldr Sky may will see the light of release early.

Of course SP has the gall to do otherwise. Is their translator that superior that they just dismisses Aroduc who have already done part of it?

Fan-translators working with VN publishers doesn't sound like win-win situation but in SP's case, it will immensely help their reputation in the long run, especially this current time.

Unfortunately, this happens instead. Way to go, SP :vinty:

29 minutes ago, VLOCKUP said:

Is their translator that superior that they just dismisses Aroduc who have already done part of it?

If they contracted him for work on Baldr Sky, they are under contract with this translator.

You do know that Sekai Project and companies in general do turn down people, right? Selection process and all that? That's part of buisness.

Like for example, you have linktriforce007 who tried to get hired by Sekai Project, they turned him down so he got salty about it and started shitposting about them online while spreading conspiracy theories about them and their projects on polish fansub sites. Aroduc also basically got turned down, but in this case it was actually severe because he spent hours translating a game he doesn't even like and because Sekai Project has licensed the title he was fan-translating, which they announced 2 months ago with all likelihood that they already have their own Baldr Sky localization team contracted and in all probability it's all under NDA too, so that leaves Aroduc with a big pile of Baldr Sky fan-translation that he can never use.