Fall Anime List 2016

Sonicboom2.0

I'm interested in Funo wo Amu, I think it'll be quite interesting.

And I've been told by Down that I should watch Euphonium Sound, so I'll be giving the first season of that a whirl and possibly the second season (if I like it.)

Long Riders is interesting to me because of my love of cycling sports. Girlish Number because I like slice of life.

And maybe Shuumatsu no Izetta

4 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Are you kidding me? we're getting a friggin' Danbo anime but still no Yotsuba anime???

IIRC (#shoddy-memory) the mangaka doesn't want an anime of Yotsuba made. he believes it'll be hard to adapt it's idiosyncratic storytelling. Shame because I think Azumanga Daioh is one of the best anime in existence.

5 minutes ago, Rooke said:

IIRC (#shoddy-memory) the mangaka doesn't want an anime of Yotsuba made. he believes it'll be hard to adapt it's idiosyncratic storytelling. 

Yeah I know. I personally think it wouldn't be that hard to adapt, but it would take a really good team to make it work well enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATr9m6jUITM

8 minutes ago, Sonicboom2.0 said:

What studio would you trust for the job in your guy's opinions?

Dogakobo would be a really good choice. They have the staff and the experience to handle it.

But really most studios would do as long as they could gather a staff of skilled character animators with a knack for visual humor and silly faces, which isn't the rarest currency in the industry. Another crucial point would be Yotsuba's seiyuu, but I'm not sure if there really is an inherent difficulty in the storytelling.

18 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

I guess Kyoani if they went full Nichijou on it might work too

I wonder. I don't think Yotsuba fits KyoAni's regular brand of SoL that well (Nichijou being an exception, but quite different from Yotsuba too I think).

19 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Interesting point. Do you think a child actor would work well?

Well, you lose the skills of a pro, adult seiyuu but on the other hand it'd be more genuine.

Ghibli always has kids doing the kids roles in their films, and it works. I think it worked fairly well too for Naru in Barakamon (although it sounded odd at the beginning), and she's a rather similar kind of character. There's also Tsumugi in Amaama this season. Overall it tends to sound off to an anime fan because we're so used to pro seiyuu, but on the other hand for a child that young it's a reasonable choice.