αJ says Hi...

AlphaJay

First of all, I'm AlphaJay [αJ]. I've been lurking around fuwanovel for a few months now. It feels like its time to get serious. :D

I read my first VN - Digital: A Love Story - few years back. I stumbled upon it while idling around the web while doing some research on the early user interfaces. (I was learning software development) Those who have read would understand the connection. I got quite interested in Christine Love's work at the time. But I gradually lost interest, because none of the VNs I read afterwards matched my tastes.

I didn't think I would return again, but I did, when a friend of mine recommended Katawa Shoujo around a year back. I'd like to refer to it as my first real VN experience. Afterwards I read through G-Senjou, and it completely changed my view on visual novels. (This clearly shows the difference between OELVNs and Japanese VNs)

Talking about my tastes, I'm a lot into mystery and science fiction. I'm a huge fan of G-Senjou, Dangan Ronpa and Karano Shoujo. I've been reading many horror VNs lately as well.

Let's hope we can get along well.

ABe is ABae

terrible puns aside, welcome! you seem like the kind of person that would fit right in.

Your vndb suggests you've read and liked a lot of short and focused vns, (like me) please correct me if i'm wrong, but I'd like to suggest Narcissu based on that.

12 minutes ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

ABe is ABae

terrible puns aside, welcome! you seem like the kind of person that would fit right in.

Your vndb suggests you've read and liked a lot of short and focused vns, (like me) please correct me if i'm wrong, but I'd like to suggest Narcissu based on that.

Well, I was also thinking of reading Narcissu sometime. Thanks for the suggestion. Would certainly try it.

Welcome to Fuwa and I wish you have a good time here :) As for suggestions, a post above me has already told you what you need to look out for ... And by the way, congratulations on reading so many good VNs, I checked out your VNDB page, not bad, certainly better than mine (as of this moment) xD You have mostly read higher rated Japanese VNs with exceptions being Cute Demon Crashers and some other OELVNs that I don't know anything about. Congratulations on finishing Yu-No, that's a feat I will never be able to accomplish no matter how good the story and plot are XD. Anyway, I see you have listed Monmusu Quest 1 as "Playing", what are your thoughts about it as of now? I am asking because I know what's it about and it's nothing like the other VNs on your list :)

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.  I've added your suggestions to my wishlist and will certainly read them sometime in the future.

@Infernoplex Well about Monmusu Quest 1. I saw that you already know what it is about. I've played some similar games before, so I did not have high expectations at all, knowing how the quality normally is.  But I must say that this one is an exception. I normally don't care to even add them to my VNDB. But this one offers a very unique experience. I'm still playing it and will tell you if my opinion changes.

@AlphaJay I can agree with you on that, it's definitively a unique experience, I was skeptical of it at first but soon discovered myself very immersed into it, it's a shame though that the art isn't that much appealing ... I finished only the first part and still have to play the other two ... I intend to replay the first one once I go back to playing it ... There is also a new version of the game that came out (Monmusu Quest! Paradox RPG) but sadly isn't fully translated yet though there is a translator that is working on the game and there is a partial patch for it ... One day when I grasp enough of Japanese I will not have to wait for translations for the games that I want to play :)