Feel Good Slice-Of-Life VN

irishdog

Hey there. Katawa Shoujo was my first VN and more recently I finished Tomoyo's Route in CLANNAD and then finished Tomoyo After, which was incredibly moving and powerful for me. However, currently I'm looking for something similar to CLANNAD/Tomoyo After (slice-of-life with romance), preferably with more of a 'feel good' story/ending instead of the tragic experience that I went through in Tomoyo After. It can be any setting, really. I'd like something with medium-long length where I can just enjoy living another life and falling in love with a 2d cutie. It can have sad parts. It can have ups and downs, some drama and conflict. But I'd like to avoid those with straight-up purposefully tragic 'true endings'

I want to check out Fate/Stay Night eventually, because it sounds great, but right now I'm just looking for more recommendations.

Little Busters and Rewrite would be a good call, though Rewrite has certain bittersweet moments... (They're both really long though. Especially Rewrite.)

They're both made by Key too, so they should have a somewhat similar feel to Clannad. 

If you're finding something that deals with less drama, maybe Konosora  would suit your needs. It's also shorter (and has more 'feel good' elements) than the aforementioned VNs. 

Hopefully my recommendations would prove to be useful :sacchan: 

Allow me to refute a recommendation: Konosora, or If My Heart Had Wings.

Whilst it fits your parameters, its translation is terrible. It is highly recommended you wait for its retranslation to eventually finish.
This is not me being picky. One of its routes was butchered to the point of being impossible to comprehend to any English reader.

I'm sceptic as to whether "Yume Miru Kusuri" would be a 'feel-good' VN, as most of its content is somewhat sad, if you put any thought into it.

42 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Does that really count as a feel good moege? I thought that one had quite heavy themes like bullying, drug abuse, etc.

You are probably right since I didn't really read that one, I know about Snow Sakura because I played it but about Yume Miru Kusuri I am not sure, some people on the net were recommending me that one when I asked them about slice of life, maybe it's just some drama with elements that you mentioned, my bad for recommending stuff I am not sure about, sorry ^^

8 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Allow me to refute a recommendation: Konosora, or If My Heart Had Wings.

Whilst it fits your parameters, its translation is terrible. It is highly recommended you wait for its retranslation to eventually finish.
This is not me being picky. One of its routes was butchered to the point of being impossible to comprehend to any English reader.

objection.jpg

while it is a butchered piece of translation, and is a disgrace to visual novel translations, i argue that the emotional impact of certain routes are still there!

.......really i just wanted to use this pic against you. :rimu: but seriously, yeah, the tl from moenovel is a huge mess. there is one route that is completely incomprehensible at times. i still read it with the patch and its still my favorite vn of all time but its understandable why others would say stay away from it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2016 at 11:02 PM, Tamaki Sakura said:

Hey, I just wanted to thank you for your recommendation.

I just finished my first run of Princess Evangile (with Rise) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Will probably elaborate on my thoughts later in another thread.

edit: tfw the fandisc translation release date is 'TBA' 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Going by your description, try something different and try Kira * Kira.

It has a heavy feelz section too, but most of the time it's a cheerful story about some teenagers forming a punk rock band. It would be most enjoyable if you like music, but otherwise it's just a slice of life story.

Overdrive, the company that makes it, is one of my favourite VN companies.

Edited by Okarin