eroge sales- 2016/07

erogamesales

wallhaven-406853.jpg

TOP 10:

1- Senren * Banka (~44022 copies) (Increase of 10% from previous game)

2- Amatsutsumi (~18009 copies) (Drop of 18% from previous game)

3- Floral Flow Love (~15295 copies) (Drop of 19% from previous game)

4- Shin Koihime † Eiyuutan 123 + PLUS (~8165 copies) (Drop of 46% from previous game)

5- Gensei Kamihime Sacred FD (~6302 copies) (Increase of 5% from previous game)

6- Shoujo Minority -Nagusame no Ai- (~3496 copies) (Increase of 5% from previous game)

7- Aristear Remain (~3220 copies) (Drop of 50% from previous game)

8- Otome * Domain (~+3059 copies) (previous month)

9- Yuusei Tenshi Primaveil Drei (~2760 copies) (Increase of 3% from previous game)

10- Ryuudouji Shimon no Inbou (~2645 copies) (Increase of 64~80% from previous game)

Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/twode_perf/archives/65209808.html

11 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Honestly, what the heck makes Yuzusoft so special that they sell so much more than the rest?!

Noble ☆ Works was kinda okay, but did their newer titles improve so much that they warrant those sales numbers?

Purely anecdotally, I at least never felt particularly interested in Noble Works, but the video trailer for Senren Banka really caught my eye, to the point that it even has a moderately high place in my mental list of titles I'd like to see localized. And on the data side of things, it's got just enough VNDB scores to be statistically significant, and they're pretty damn good.

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Purely anecdotally, I at least never felt particularly interested in Noble Works, but the video trailer for Senren Banka really caught my eye, to the point that it even has a moderately high place in my mental list of titles I'd like to see localized. And on the data side of things, it's got just enough VNDB scores to be statistically significant, and they're pretty damn good.

So did Senren banka get so much sales due to the OP or due to Yuzusoft?

Cause Nobleworks was meh. Dracu riot was better. Havent read witch yet. But Yuzusoft is kinda like the company that releases consistent decent VNs no masterpieces which makes me wonder why it's so high in sales.

7 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Honestly, what the heck makes Yuzusoft so special that they sell so much more than the rest?!

Noble ☆ Works was kinda okay, but did their newer titles improve so much that they warrant those sales numbers?

Because they have fucking awesome characters and really high amount of CGs. (This time in 1080p)

7 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

It's not really that their games are as a whole better than any other developers, but they're kind of mindlessly fun, don't have any serious deep plot to them, so you can just enjoy the characters and the setting. They're really formulaic too, so fans always know what they're going to get out out of their games each year. 

3 hours ago, Chuee said:

It's not really that their games are as a whole better than any other developers, but they're kind of mindlessly fun, don't have any serious deep plot to them, so you can just enjoy the characters and the setting. They're really formulaic too, so fans always know what they're going to get out out of their games each year. 

Well, that pretty much applies to 80% of the released VN's, so I guess they at least have to do it a lot better than most of their competitors.

Speaking of Yuzusoft, any news from the re-edit of the Dracu-Riot translation? Is it still ongoing or was it dropped? Didn't hear any news about it for some time now.

15 minutes ago, Conjueror said:

Yuzusoft is basically Winged Cloud's equivalent in Japan. :P
Also, heard a lot of good things about Amatsutsumi and it is by one of the writers of ef.

YuzuSoft and Lump of Sugar are like Stalin and Hitler of eroge industry.

On 2016/8/28 at 0:35 PM, WinterfuryZX said:

At a first glance, everything on this list looks like utter crap to me... well... maybe I can save Shoujo Minority, it has an interesting premise.

Aside from one or two exceptional games once in a while, the overall quality of industry is constantly detoriating. Expect more otaku pandering shit in upcoming years and less and less truly story-driven games. Japanese market isn't able to support itself anymore.

• 2 years later...