Lover Able TL

RedK

11 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Are you visiting the right domain? Namely, the new address is: http://raburabu.net/

I can access it just fine, dunno why would it be blocked in Texas xD ...

10 hours ago, AtomCrafty said:

@Kazami Yuiji are you getting any specific error? I didn't configure any blacklists, so you should be able to access the page from everywhere :)

I have good connexion and visited the right domain. Thanks you guy, but it's fine now since I use vpn. I just don't know why it didn't work. I guess the problem must comme from me :sachi:

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone o/

Please excuse the sudden silence, I’ve been on vacation for the past couple of weeks :) But now it’s time to get back to business with the project!

During my absence, Red has finished Nanako’s route, which means Kaho’s is now the only one left for translation \o/
Tsugumi is fully TLC’d and ke-ke has already started going over the newly translated Nanako scripts.
During all that time, editing has progressed by 0.27%, which is… something. I guess.
On the technical side, I made some minor tweaks to the menu logic as well as some of the UI grapics, but nothing too exciting. Mainly font size fixes.

– Atom

69nrEqR.png

Read this post on our website: http://raburabu.net/back-in-business/

• 3 months later...

Hey folks,

it's been a while since our last update, so I wanted to take a minute to assure you the project is still alive and doing well :)
In fact, we've just achieved several technical breakthroughs that will allow us to get the most out of the (fairly dated) Yuka engine.

As you may recall, I added support for non Shift-JIS compliant fonts a while back, but that's peanuts compared to this ;)
The most notable new features (in order of implementation) are these:

- Improved word wrapping algorithm optimized for english text
- Full support for proportional fonts
- Unicode support

Proportional fonts are generally much more pleasant to read than their monospace equivalent and the unicode support allows us to display accented characters like 'é', special punctuation marks like em dashes (—) or even icons like this lovely snowflake: ❄

dgvIGBp.png

I might write a little explanation of what's going on underneath if I can find the time.

Until then, take care :)
- Atom

Read this post on our website: http://raburabu.net/major-technical-update/

Edited by AtomCrafty

Alright, as I promised here's the follow-up post to last week's update.

It turned out more technical than I originally intended, so this might be more interesting to those of you with a programming background ^^"
Anyway, here's the link: http://raburabu.net/yuka-internals/

- Atom

Edited by AtomCrafty

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kazami Yuiji said:

Hey, I am glad that this translation project is not dropped yet. I just came to check the progress, and veryyyy late happy new year btw. Hope we won't have to wait until next year :wahaha:

With all due respect to the team doing this, but I think it's not going to get released this year. Some earlier parts that were done by a previous Loverable project need a reTL and as you can see, the editing is going at a snail's pace xD...

On 01/02/2018 at 2:59 PM, OutoftheBox said:

Like inferno said, a 2018 release isn't very likely. There's portions of the translation that need to be redone and editing is moving very slowly.

On 01/02/2018 at 12:06 PM, Infernoplex said:

With all due respect to the team doing this, but I think it's not going to get released this year. Some earlier parts that were done by a previous Loverable project need a reTL and as you can see, the editing is going at a snail's pace xD...

You guys, thank you for crushing my dreams :sacchan:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, TakunDes said:

Good luck on this,  looking forward to it!

Thanks. Things just need to be redone and reworked. A botched TL project shouldn't stay a botched one.
The quality is not up to snuff and the last thing I personally want is to be looked down upon because we aren't getting paid or are considered "n00bs".
Both official and unofficial TL projects require weeks and weeks of work for very little in return, especially in real life. 
It's demoralizing and tedious at times both with the team and as individuals. We could quit, but those would just be excuses for our own selfish reasons.
Nobody gets rich off of doing this and it's not exactly something I want on a resume for a job offline.
It's more than "just a hobby" when people are counting on you to deliver a translation deserving of VNs as a whole.

For how long we've been working on it, it's no longer an excuse to say that "we are just starting out".
I want to get this right and I want people to be critical of our work. If our TL is shit, tell us why.
The people that take the time to point out our mistakes (especially those that are brutally honest) are the ones that deserve the best TL possible because it shows they haven't given up on us.
They're still taking the time to tell us that our work is pretty shitty and want better. I'm not perfect, but I want to strive for perfection.
It's why our team is redoing things and not leaving things as is. Because you guys deserve better than that. 

Unfortunately, reworking lines aren't reflected on our progress chart and it might appear that the project is stalled or dead when it's not.
I'm hoping that redoing things will pay off in the end for both the team and for the people who want to read Loverable in English.
To those of you that are still around, thanks for not giving up on us. It's been almost a year and a half without anything to show for it.
We're still here though, even if we aren't active on the forums as much. Hell, I rarely posted at all around here since I don't have much to say.
I'm still working on it though behind the scenes and I'm okay with that. I'm probably not gaining anything from working on this and finishing it.
I'm used to doing thankless and unrewarding jobs though, both in person and online. I'm sure there's others out there who feel the same.
We said we were going to TL Loverable without botching it and it's what we're going to do so you can enjoy it as much as we do.

Well, this reply is starting to turn into an essay and using time I could be using for Loverable before going to work, so I'll cut it short.

TDLR: Thanks for whoever is sticking with us and looking forward to our release, whether it's one person or a handful of people.
We're working on improving on our previously botched effort and will give you more updates when get past redoing our old work.
Some won't like it or that admitting that we need to redo stuff is a noob thing to do, but after months of showing no progress except for graphs...
I think it's the respectful and right thing for us as a TL group to do. Peace out.

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, ArcaneAlx said:

Hey, are you guys still doing the project?
Smee really hooked me with Fureraba so im looking forward to Lover Able
just wondering as i can seem to find anything about progress that is recent.

Don't look forward to Lover Able. Fureraba is a 100x times better moege than it. Instead, look forward to something like Making Lovers, provided NekoNyan decides to pick it up soon.

Just now, Stormwolf said:

Furerqba 100x better? Fureraba was nothing special though. High amounts of fluff to heal a aching heart maybe, but not much more than that.

I didn't read Fureraba by the way xD I am basing this on "popular opinion", so I could be wrong. What I did read, though, is Lover Able, and I can vouch that it's a decent at best moege.

8 hours ago, ArcaneAlx said:

Hey, are you guys still doing the project?
Smee really hooked me with Fureraba so im looking forward to Lover Able
just wondering as i can seem to find anything about progress that is recent.

4 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Furerqba 100x better? Fureraba was nothing special though. High amounts of fluff to heal a aching heart maybe, but not much more than that.

@Infernoplex is right. Fureraba is miles apart from Loverable. I helped the group, and I can vouch the game sucks.

Edited by kokoro
Typo

2 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I didn't read Fureraba by the way xD I am basing this on "popular opinion", so I could be wrong. What I did read, though, is Lover Able, and I can vouch that it's a decent at best moege.

Thats where i'd put fureraba too. Fureraba had an interesting premisis with heroime quirks, but those vanished fairly quick in the routes and fluff was all you got after that :/

4 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Thats where i'd put fureraba too. Fureraba had an interesting premisis with heroime quirks, but those vanished fairly quick in the routes and fluff was all you got after that :/

In that case... Lover Able is even worse than I thought.

Gosh.

That being said, it's not all that bad. I genuinely enjoyed Lover Able, despite it being mediocre. The key to enjoying it is to just not expect anything from it and enjoy it for what it is. Loverable never pretends it has anything going on for it, so at least it's pretty simple in that regard.

13 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

That being said, it's not all that bad. I genuinely enjoyed Lover Able, despite it being mediocre. The key to enjoying it is to just not expect anything from it and enjoy it for what it is. Loverable never pretends it has anything going on for it, so at least it's pretty simple in that regard.

istn´t this the case with almost all of smee´s titles, like them 100% focusing on moe & fluff, having next to no drama? basically saying no one sane reads a smee title for the plot, it´s always about humor & cute chicks

2 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

istn´t this the case with almost all of smee´s titles, like them 100% focusing on moe & fluff, having next to no drama? basically saying no one sane reads a smee title for the plot, it´s always about humor & cute chicks

Not sure about other SMEE titles, but Lover Able did have some (shit) drama in some parts on some routes. But yeah, not an interesting kind of drama, just shit that got resolved in a matter of seconds, and it was always a cringe-worthy scene. Still, I'd argue that moe and fluff in Loverable was kinda okay. Not really anything amazing, but still okay, decent. And I enjoyed the H a lot. The heroines were okay too. I liked Kaho and Tsugumi the most. Still... the best character in the VN doesn't have a route (Chinatsu's sister). And that's a true shame. Had she had a route, the VN would have been redeemable xD Like this, it's just a 6.5/10 or 7/10 :D

On 12/14/2018 at 7:38 PM, Infernoplex said:

Not sure about other SMEE titles, but Lover Able did have some (shit) drama in some parts on some routes. But yeah, not an interesting kind of drama, just shit that got resolved in a matter of seconds, and it was always a cringe-worthy scene. Still, I'd argue that moe and fluff in Loverable was kinda okay. Not really anything amazing, but still okay, decent. And I enjoyed the H a lot. The heroines were okay too. I liked Kaho and Tsugumi the most. Still... the best character in the VN doesn't have a route (Chinatsu's sister). And that's a true shame. Had she had a route, the VN would have been redeemable xD Like this, it's just a 6.5/10 or 7/10 :D

I'd like a route for Kie :< I never get vn's with older women :(

8 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

I'd like a route for Kie :< I never get vn's with older women :(

Oh, yeah, Kie! She'd make up for a very good heroine route :D And yeah, VNs with older women... exist, but they rarely get TLed. They are in minority compared to other genres. Not to mention that most VNs with adult heroines feature rape, NTR, or something-in-between. A pure slice of life moege with older heroines... none is coming up to my mind at the moment :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Oh, yeah, Kie! She'd make up for a very good heroine route :D And yeah, VNs with older women... exist, but they rarely get TLed. They are in minority compared to other genres. Not to mention that most VNs with adult heroines feature rape, NTR, or something-in-between. A pure slice of life moege with older heroines... none is coming up to my mind at the moment :unsure:

Its almost like translators go out of their way to avoid them. Sad state of affairs indeed :(