Lover Able TL

RedK

Hey folks,

our editing & qc team (@AdventSign and @OutoftheBox in particular) have been working around the clock to get volume one of the trial finished this year!
That being said, after the first beta readthrough we have a total of 80 minor fixes to do until we are ready to release, but we are confident they will be done in time.

Therefore, look forward to next Saturday (the 31st) when trial 1 will be available for download! :)

trial1_announce.png

X7ONfTT.png

- Atom

Hello everyone!

I'm still a bit tired so please excuse if I'm writing a bunch of garbage...
We have literally spent the whole last night going through the trial again and again, changing the wording of a couple of lines, fixing the last formatting mistakes and preparing everything for release.
I am really proud of the whole team! Good work everyone :)

Some things I'd like to mention:
A big "Thank You" to all of you who downloaded vol. 2 of the trial, as of today we got 113 unique hits, totalling 21GB in downloads!
I would also like to shout out to @DemonSabre, who helped me out a lot by finishing the release poster.

If you decide to download and play the trial we would appreciate it if you took 1 minute to give us a quick feedback (only 5 checkboxes):
5 is good, 1 is bad! http://redkeel.polldaddy.com/s/lover-able-trial-1-survey
We want to provide you with the best possible quality and this helps us to recognize what we have to improve.

But now, without further talking: Please enjoy vol. 1 of the Lover Able trial!

- Atom

trial1_now.png
Thanks to @DemonSabre for last minute help with the release poster!

Trial 1 features

• Experience the full prologue! (~1200 lines)
    • Bonus: Short excerpts from each heroine's everyday life
  • Fully localized user interfaces and error messages
  • Word wrapping (don't laugh, that was a lot of work!)
  • Optional subbed game OP (another 70MB)

Installation of trial 1

1. Download the trial

Mirror 1 (Official) Mirror 2 (Unofficial) Prepatched

2. Download the patch Skip this step if you are using the prepatched version

Latest Latest (Without OP) Other versions

3. Patch the game Skip this step if you are using the prepatched version

Extract the game files into an empty directory.
Copy LPatch.exe into the same folder and run it.
Click 'Patch' and wait for it to finish.
Note: The patcher requires the .NET framework to be installed.
If you have trouble patching your game, try using the prepatched version.

4. Change your Unicode system locale

unicode.png
If you don't do this the text will be messed up!

5. Play!

Start the game using the "Lover Able (English).exe" executable.

Known issues

For a comprehensive list of issues check our bug tracker.
If you encounter any problems with our patch, please let us know so we can fix it! :)

• If you choose to change the player name from it's default "Aizawa Haruki", expect 3 or 4 lines to have improper word wrapping (the ones where the name appears)
  • This is an inherent limitation of the yuka engine, as word wrapping is not supported at all.
    We have implemented a workaround by adding spaces to push words into the next line but because this happens at compile time we can't possibly know how long your chosen name will be.
  • If the character spacing is completely off you probably didn't set your unicode system locale to Japanese.
    You have to restart Windows after the change.
Edited by AtomCrafty
fixed a typo

Okay, here's the thing - I usually don't read VNs if they aren't fully translated but in this case since I am noticing real effort here, I have decided to try it out while the fan-TL patch is in making and I'd like to test this out. I will go through the poll when I finish it, I am downloading now but depending on the lenght of the TL-ed part, I may need more or less time to go through it xD ...

Just now, Infernoplex said:

Should I write my reply here on Fuwa when I finish reading or should I send it there? I have made some screenshots while reading on-the-go so that's why I am asking :D

I'm not 100% sure whether mail attachments are working yet, so for now fuwa may be easier :)

1 minute ago, Zakamutt said:

.xyz? really?

Yes :komari:

10 hours ago, AtomCrafty said:

I'm not 100% sure whether mail attachments are working yet, so for now fuwa may be easier :)

It turns out I am not going to post all of the screenshots on Fuwa at the end, I have got too many of them at hand right now so if anybody wants those right now, I will just post them all on my google drive account and link it here if necessary, I literally proofread the entire trial :D It can be read in half an hour or little bit more than that but the overall experience is a pleasant one :) ...

I posted my short opinions already on the survey's poll so I will try to be more detailed here in this post and I will make some comments about everything that I noticed while reading the trial.

Spoiler

The beginning seems to have much more mistakes than the later parts of the trial, it looks like the overall translation gets progressively better later on and I don't know if its just my imagination but I somehow got an impression that perhaps the first part was translated by a different translator or the beginning wasn't edited properly or it couldn't be edited properly for some technical reason. For example, some words that were used in the beginning had me troubled trying to understand what was happening and I consider myself to be actually good in English even though it isn't my native language. Like this scene right at the beginning:

issue%202%20-%20everytime.jpg

Okay, I know that this probably is a stupid grammar error but apparently "everytime" should be "every time" (https://www.grammarly.com/handbook/grammar/adjectives-and-adverbs/18/every-time/), and I know that it's commonly accepted that you can write it as a singular word and I wouldn't even notice it if I hadn't payed attention to everything I was reading and since one of the questions in the poll was grammar I wanted to try to be as in-depth as much as possible on the question. What really stood out for me in this example sentence was that it seemed to be kind of strange, I don't understand what the "compress" is in this sentence, I know what "break out in a rash" means so at the end I thought that the protagonist probably spoke of something else and not "compress". As far as I know, compress is a verb and I thought that he probably meant air compressor but I am not sure if I am correct on this so sorry if that's the case but I tried to understand everything in the best possible sense that I could :D ...

Spoiler

Next example comes soon after:

issue%203%20-%20getup%20it%20should%20be

I didn't know at first what "getup" meant so I had to look it up since it looked strange to me and apparently, I gather from this that it should have instead be written as "get-up" when it is talked about clothes. But I guess that perhaps it might not be a mistake at all if it's acceptable depending on UK, US or AU English that is applied. So I am not sure on that one but anyways, I wanted to share my observations on everything.

Spoiler

There are some lines that looked suspicious but I will skip those and show this one:

issue%207%20-%20unnecesary%20with%20that

I am not sure but I think the last two words "with that" are unnecessary since it is kind of obvious from the context.

Spoiler

This one is also not really important but for consistency reason I decided to list it anyway:

issue%208%20-%20sea-front%20should%20pro

He calls it "sea-front street" but in the several next sentences, it's actually called like this:

issue%2012%20-%20Seashore%20Street%20thi

It's not really important but sometimes I find it strange when the wording is slightly changed like that. I am guessing it might be in the original japanese that way too so it perhaps isn't really an issue but I couldn't help but notice it.

Spoiler

Probably not an issue too and I am not sure if I am correct on this, but I think there's a missing "much" between "too" and "worried":

issue%2011%20-%20to%20be%20too%20missing

I usually see "much" when it is paired with the word "too" and I can't find the exact grammar lesson for this so I might be wrong here so I am sorry if that's the case ^_^ ...

Spoiler

Some little spelling mistakes here and there:

issue%2013%20-%20Why%20the%20big%20I%20i

Why the uppercase "i" in "it" ...

issue%2014%20-%20another%20instead%20of%

"anpther" should be "another" ...

issue%2015%20-%20what%20was%20the%20tild

probably not an issue at all and it's probably an engine tehnical problem but I couldn't help but notice all these random tildas (~) on some sentences at the end but in this case, it was right in the middle of a word xD ...

issue%2016%20-%20grownups%20need%20a%20h

grownup should be grown-up (http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/when-does-grown-need-hyphen)

issue%2018%20-%20from%20down%20the%20bea

I am not sure but I think just saying "... a beer case from down the beach ... " (without "on") would be enough here and I don't have exact grammar source on this so I could be wrong but to me that seems like a more natural way to say it.

Spoiler

I wasn't sure whether to include next examples but since everywhere else in the VN it was present, I decided to include it anyway so here it goes:

issue%2020%20-%20missing%20a%20dot%20pun

missing dot at the end of the last sentence.

issue%2022%20-%20missing%20dot%20punctat

issue%2023%20-%20missing%20dot%20punctat

issue%2024%20-%20missing%20comma%20betwe

missing comma between "properly" and "ok".

issue%2025%20-%20missing%20dot%20at%20th

missing dot at the end of the sentence.

And there's many more of these sentences with missing punctuation marks, I listed just several examples. I didn't know if I should list these and I thought it might be a problem due to game's engine but I found it quite strange that other sentences had it correctly placed. It's just that some sentences don't have it and it's not a real issue but why not have it here if we have it everywhere else I say :D ...

Spoiler

issue%2034%20-%20additional%20dot%20at%2

What's the additional dot at the end for? Is that from the game's engine? Only here and maybe in one more place I have noticed it popping out of nowhere like that.

issue%2040%20-%20there%20are%20new%20cli

I am not sure about this one but shouldn't it be "there are new clients" (plural) instead of "there is new clients"? Though it could be both correct, I am not sure.

issue%2044%20-%20as%20best%20as%20I%20ca

Lowercase "i" should be uppercase "I" and also, there's a missing dot at the end of the sentence.

Spoiler

issue%2045%20-%20Anyways%20should%20be%2

This one is okay and everything is in place but I was kind of interested in the word "anyways" and decided to look it up and what I got was this and this. I actually also always used "anyways" too and only now have I started wondering what's the correct usage for it. Apparently, both can be used but "anyways" is used when the writing should be more formal or colloquial and I am glad I learned something new in English grammar while reading this VN :D It's not a mistake, I just wanted to share it since I found it quite interesting.

issue%2052%20-%20one%20liner%20should%20

I think "one liner" should be hyphened like "one-liner" but this usage might be correct too so I am not sure. When I look for that word on the net, it always returns it like "one-liner" but perhaps it doesn't need a hyphen at all.

issue%2053%20-%20shorthanded%20reference

"shorthanded" (one word here) and then in the next sentence:

issue%2054%20-%20short%20handed%20should

"short handed" as two words ... Now I have no idea what way is correct (shorthand, short hand or short-hand) but for consistency reasons I think the translation should stick to one choice but it's not a real issue overall.

issue%2061%20-%20Missing%20l%20after%20I

Missing one "l" in "I'l" (I will or I'll).

Spoiler

issue%2066%20-%20letuce%20should%20be%20

"letuce" should be "lettuce" (spelling)

issue%2067%20-%20self%20made%20should%20

"self made" should be "self-made" I think.

issue%2071%20-%20change%20should%20be%20

"change" should be "chance" and "yersterday" should be "yesterday".

issue%2072%20-%20missing%20hyphen%20in%2

Missing a hyphen ("Y-you")

Issue%2073%20-%20it%20should%20be%20with

"school" should probably be with uppercase "S" because it's a new sentence ("Eh? School?")

issue%2074%20-%20missing%20have.jpg

missing word "have" between "don't" and "any".

Spoiler

issue%2081%20-%20IM%20instead%20of%20IM.

"IM" should be "I'M" or "I AM"

issue%2085%20-%20it%20should%20be%20that

"thats" should be "that's" or "that is".

issue%2086%20-%20salmom%20should%20be%20

"salmom" should be "salmon" (this one is spelled correctly in all other sentences where "salmon" is mentioned but in this one it got in as a typo)

issue%2088%20-%20Is%20should%20be%20is%2

Uppercase "I" should be lowercase "i" ("Is" should be "is")

Spoiler

issue%2092%20-%20the%20only%20scene%20wh

The single and the only scene in the entire trial where word wrap wasn't correct :D I know that whoever was working on it has spent a lot of time on these word wraps and God knows how hard it is to deal with them but anyway, one managed to slip through and no, I didn't change the default name, it doesn't even appear in this sentence so that shouldn't be an issue :D ...

There's more but I wanted to include only some of them and I think I got a little bit carried away so I hope the translators and everybody else on the team will not take it too hard on them. I really appreciate the efforts so I wanted to be as thorough as I could while going through and I know that this is just a trial and isn't really meant to be nothing more than that. Overall, the translation is very readable and there isn't any real issue that I have had with it. The VN itself looks like a fun slice of life comedy and I'd definetily read the entire thing based on this trial. The heroines actually seem interesting and the art is superb! I really love the art, it's definetily eye candy :D ...

Anyway, if anybody wants, I can compress and upload all the screenshots I have made in case it's needed. I didn't post all of screenshots here and it would be too much anyway for all of them.

I just want to say thanks to the Kachin Kachin Team on their efforts and also to wish them a Happy New Year ^_^ ...

Edit: The screenshots don't work well on Fuwa ... It looks like they are broken but when I look them through edit, they display properly. I don't know how to fix that.

Edit 2: And now they display correctly. I don't know what's going on. It probably requires some page refreshing and some waiting, I am not sure why is that.

Edited by Infernoplex
Update 2

22 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

It turns out I am not going to post all of the screenshots on Fuwa at the end, I have got too many of them at hand right now so if anybody wants those right now, I will just post them all on my google drive account and link it here if necessary, I literally proofread the entire trial :D It can be read in half an hour or little bit more than that but the overall experience is a pleasant one :) ...

I posted my short opinions already on the survey's poll so I will try to be more detailed here in this post and I will make some comments about everything that I noticed while reading the trial.

Reveal hidden contents

The beginning seems to have much more mistakes than the later parts of the trial, it looks like the overall translation gets progressively better later on and I don't know if its just my imagination but I somehow got an impression that perhaps the first part was translated by a different translator or the beginning wasn't edited properly or it couldn't be edited properly for some technical reason. For example, some words that were used in the beginning had me troubled trying to understand what was happening and I consider myself to be actually good in English even though it isn't my native language. Like this scene right at the beginning:

issue%202%20-%20everytime.jpg

Okay, I know that this probably is a stupid grammar error but apparently "everytime" should be "every time" (https://www.grammarly.com/handbook/grammar/adjectives-and-adverbs/18/every-time/), and I know that it's commonly accepted that you can write it as a singular word and I wouldn't even notice it if I hadn't payed attention to everything I was reading and since one of the questions in the poll was grammar I wanted to try to be as in-depth as much as possible on the question. What really stood out for me in this example sentence was that it seemed to be kind of strange, I don't understand what the "compress" is in this sentence, I know what "break out in a rash" means so at the end I thought that the protagonist probably spoke of something else and not "compress". As far as I know, compress is a verb and I thought that he probably meant air compressor but I am not sure if I am correct on this so sorry if that's the case but I tried to understand everything in the best possible sense that I could :D ...

Reveal hidden contents

Next example comes soon after:

issue%203%20-%20getup%20it%20should%20be

I didn't know at first what "getup" meant so I had to look it up since it looked strange to me and apparently, I gather from this that it should have instead be written as "get-up" when it is talked about clothes. But I guess that perhaps it might not be a mistake at all if it's acceptable depending on UK, US or AU English that is applied. So I am not sure on that one but anyways, I wanted to share my observations on everything.

Reveal hidden contents

There are some lines that looked suspicious but I will skip those and show this one:

issue%207%20-%20unnecesary%20with%20that

I am not sure but I think the last two words "with that" are unnecessary since it is kind of obvious from the context.

Reveal hidden contents

This one is also not really important but for consistency reason I decided to list it anyway:

issue%208%20-%20sea-front%20should%20pro

He calls it "sea-front street" but in the several next sentences, it's actually called like this:

issue%2012%20-%20Seashore%20Street%20thi

It's not really important but sometimes I find it strange when the wording is slightly changed like that. I am guessing it might be in the original japanese that way too so it perhaps isn't really an issue but I couldn't help but notice it.

Reveal hidden contents

Probably not an issue too and I am not sure if I am correct on this, but I think there's a missing "much" between "too" and "worried":

issue%2011%20-%20to%20be%20too%20missing

I usually see "much" when it is paired with the word "too" and I can't find the exact grammar lesson for this so I might be wrong here so I am sorry if that's the case ^_^ ...

Reveal hidden contents

Some little spelling mistakes here and there:

issue%2013%20-%20Why%20the%20big%20I%20i

Why the uppercase "i" in "it" ...

issue%2014%20-%20another%20instead%20of%

"anpther" should be "another" ...

issue%2015%20-%20what%20was%20the%20tild

probably not an issue at all and it's probably an engine tehnical problem but I couldn't help but notice all these random tildas (~) on some sentences at the end but in this case, it was right in the middle of a word xD ...

issue%2016%20-%20grownups%20need%20a%20h

grownup should be grown-up (http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/when-does-grown-need-hyphen)

issue%2018%20-%20from%20down%20the%20bea

I am not sure but I think just saying "... a beer case from down the beach ... " (without "on") would be enough here and I don't have exact grammar source on this so I could be wrong but to me that seems like a more natural way to say it.

Reveal hidden contents

I wasn't sure whether to include next examples but since everywhere else in the VN it was present, I decided to include it anyway so here it goes:

issue%2020%20-%20missing%20a%20dot%20pun

issue%2022%20-%20missing%20dot%20punctat

issue%2023%20-%20missing%20dot%20punctat

issue%2024%20-%20missing%20comma%20betwe

missing comma between "properly" and "ok".

issue%2025%20-%20missing%20dot%20at%20th

missing dot at the end of the sentence.

And there's many more of these sentences with missing punctuation marks, I listed just several examples. I didn't know if I should list these and I thought it might be a problem due to game's engine but I found it quite strange that other sentences had it correctly placed. It's just that some sentences don't have it and it's not a real issue but why not have it here if we have it everywhere else I say :D ...

Reveal hidden contents

issue%2034%20-%20additional%20dot%20at%2

What's the additional dot at the end for? Is that from the game's engine? Only here and maybe in one more place I have noticed it popping out of nowhere like that.

issue%2040%20-%20there%20are%20new%20cli

I am not sure about this one but shouldn't it be "there are new clients" (plural) instead of "there is new clients"? Though it could be both correct, I am not sure.

issue%2044%20-%20as%20best%20as%20I%20ca

Lowercase "i" should be uppercase "I" and also, there's a missing dot at the end of the sentence.

Reveal hidden contents

issue%2045%20-%20Anyways%20should%20be%2

This one is okay and everything is in place but I was kind of interested in the word "anyways" and decided to look it up and what I got was this and this. I actually also always used "anyways" too and only now have I started wondering what's the correct usage for it. Apparently, both can be used but "anyways" is used when the writing should be more formal or colloquial and I am glad I learned something new in English grammar while reading this VN :D It's not a mistake, I just wanted to share it since I found it quite interesting.

issue%2052%20-%20one%20liner%20should%20

I think "one liner" should be hyphened like "one-liner" but this usage might be correct too so I am not sure. When I look for that word on the net, it always returns it like "one-liner" but perhaps it doesn't need a hyphen at all.

issue%2053%20-%20shorthanded%20reference

"shorthanded" (one word here) and then in the next sentence:

issue%2054%20-%20short%20handed%20should

"short handed" as two words ... Now I have no idea what way is correct (shorthand, short hand or short-hand) but for consistency reasons I think the translation should stick to one choice but it's not a real issue overall.

issue%2061%20-%20Missing%20l%20after%20I

Missing one "l" in "I'l" (I will or I'll).

Reveal hidden contents

issue%2066%20-%20letuce%20should%20be%20

"letuce" should be "lettuce" (spelling)

issue%2067%20-%20self%20made%20should%20

"self made" should be "self-made" I think.

issue%2071%20-%20change%20should%20be%20

"change" should be "chance" and "yersterday" should be "yesterday".

issue%2072%20-%20missing%20hyphen%20in%2

Missing a hyphen ("Y-you")

Issue%2073%20-%20it%20should%20be%20with

"school" should probably be with uppercase "S" because it's a new sentence ("Eh? School?")

issue%2074%20-%20missing%20have.jpg

missing word "have" between "don't" and "any".

Reveal hidden contents

issue%2081%20-%20IM%20instead%20of%20IM.

"IM" should be "I'M" or "I AM"

issue%2085%20-%20it%20should%20be%20that

"thats" should be "that's" or "that is".

issue%2086%20-%20salmom%20should%20be%20

"salmom" should be "salmon" (this one is spelled correctly in all other sentences where "salmon" is mentioned but in this one it got in as a typo)

issue%2088%20-%20Is%20should%20be%20is%2

Uppercase "I" should be lowercase "i" ("Is" should be "is")

Reveal hidden contents

issue%2092%20-%20the%20only%20scene%20wh

The single and the only scene in the entire trial where word wrap wasn't correct :D I know that whoever was working on it has spent a lot of time on these word wraps and God knows how hard it is to deal with them but anyway, one managed to slip through and no, I didn't change the default name, it doesn't even appear in this sentence so that shouldn't be an issue :D ...

There's more but I wanted to include only some of them and I think I got a little bit carried away so I hope the translators and everybody else on the team will not take it too hard on them. I really appreciate the efforts so I wanted to be as thorough as I could while going through and I know that this is just a trial and isn't really meant to be nothing more than that. Overall, the translation is very readable and there isn't any real issue that I have had with it. The VN itself looks like a fun slice of life comedy and I'd definetily read the entire thing based on this trial. The heroines actually seem interesting and the art is superb! I really love the art, it's definetily eye candy :D ...

Anyway, if anybody wants, I can compress and upload all the screenshots I have made in case it's needed. I didn't post all of screenshots here and it would be too much anyway for all of them.

I just want to say thanks to the Kachin Kachin Team on their efforts and also to wish them a Happy New Year ^_^ ...

Edit: The screenshots don't work well on Fuwa ... It looks like they are broken but when I look them through edit, they display properly. I don't know how to fix that.

Edit 2: And now they display correctly. I don't know what's going on. It probably requires some page refreshing and some waiting, I am not sure why is that.

<3 u @Infernoplex.

Big thanks for your feedback!!:kosame:

@Infernoplex

First of all, thank you soo much!
We have received your survey submission along with 4 others a while ago and we are really grateful for the incredibly detailed feedback :kosame:
Don't worry about being to harsh; we want to improve the quality of our patch as fas as possible, so even poining out seemingly minor details is helping a lot!

The reaction so far has been overwhelming in general: Not even a day has passed since the files went online and we already got 61 unique hits (8GB of downloads).
We greatly appreciate the honest feedback you guys took the time to leave. Around 3200 kind words in just a few hours!

Judging from the responses we've seen so far, grammar is the most prominent issue we need to improve, you have sent us a ton of suggestions and many useful references.
We are currently working on a revision of our internal translation and style guidelines to incorporate the requests, especially some rules to ensure a consistent reading experience.

Because the question has come up:
It is true that we do not have access to the development kit for the (unfortunately completely undocumented) yuka engine, but through extensive reverse engineering we have found a way to manipulate the game logic.
Right now this is a very tedious process, but I'm currently working on a de-/compiler to simplify that. (Just for reference: It took three days to add a single space between the last and first name of the protagonist).
We have tried to bypass some inherent limitations of the engine like missing support for word wrapping by automatically inserting the right amount of spaces at the time our custom tool repacks the game files.
The "Technical" category of our survey is meant to be the place to rate these features. It is also the preferred category to leave feedback for the patch tool itself.

- Atom

Edited by AtomCrafty
accidentally submitted >.>

Sadly, Fuwanovel for some reason hates my screenshots so if you could manage yourself around, here is my photobucket with all the screenshots.

It should all be sorted in the right order of appearance, I am going to upload everything later on google drive, this is just for the examples mentioned in my post. Currently, Fuwa doesn't want to display these screenshots all in the right way so this is the only way to view them as of the moment.

Edited by Infernoplex
typo

9 minutes ago, AtomCrafty said:

Wow, those are a lot of screenshots ^^

I'm having issues with images not loading correctly as well... My signature and the release poster for trial 1 are not always displayed correctly for some reason :/

I am not sure what's the reason for it though, I never really had problems with posting screenshots on Fuwa but I am thinking that in this case maybe all the spoilers tags are giving it problems. But I am not eager to remove the spoilers because then I'd just make a long scrolling post that is really unneccesary. I will upload everything on Google drive later, for now this is enough. I will come back later :) Happy New Year everyone and good luck.

4 hours ago, OutoftheBox said:

1. By compress, Haruki was talking about a cold compress. It's pretty common to refer to them as just  a "compress" but we'll change it to make it easier to understand.

Cold compress is definetily more clearer in meaning then just compress :D That one I can actually google up and see what it means. I knew it was probably something on those lines but I didn't catch the immediate meaning behind it when I first read it, it just seemed off a little bit so that's why I mentioned it and I wanted to be as thorough as possible. You might have noticed but many things that I have listed are actually either non-issues at all but I just wanted to make sure that they are supposed to be like that.

2. You're right that the word is supposed to be "every time" but "everytime" has become so common that, nowadays, it's a valid alternative spelling. It might not be "correct" in the sense of the word but it's not wrong either. Unless you're writing in formal language. 

Actually, I also use it often like "everytime" too because that's how I see people often use it. But since one of the poll questions was grammar, I wanted to catch all those little things that are seemingly non-important, for example, in this case the grammar behind "every time" and "everytime" is really unimportant because it doesn't really influence the overall impression on the sentence. We are all used to "everytime" anyway so it has become a norm to write it like that. The English grammarists might even make it the new standard because of the overall wide usage of it.

3. Getup is also a valid spelling. Same thing as above, really.

Yeah, I had an impression that it was like that. It's just that it caught me while reading because I don't see that word pop out often, I know what "get up" means and for a moment I thought it was a spelling mistake and that maybe a "space" was missing in between. Or it was some kind of a colloquial term so I had to look it up. I didn't know "getup" could refer to clothes :D ...

4. There's no need to include "much" before "too".

Okay :D

5. "Grownup" vs "grown-up". Same thing as 2 and 3.

There is so many of these that I listed but I know that it is really not going to influence reading that much, so I know it's unimportant on how you are really going to put it, hyphened or not, the word makes sense either way :D ...

6. "There's new clients". I'm pretty sure this isn't wrong but it might be threading on borderline slang which is why you think it's wrong. It's one of those english quirks.

Yeah, it could be, I wasn't sure so I picked this up too just in case :D ...

7. "Ex~cuse me". The translator/editor here was going for a drawn out or exaggerated "excuse me". Like "excuuuuuuse me".

Oh, so that's what it was ... I didn't know tilde (~) could be used to express that. Everywhere else for that purpose he used to add letters to make that kind of impression but I didn't know that tilde (~) can be used for that purpose too.

Forgot to say it and I know I'm late but Happy New Year. I know I'm not alone when I say this but thanks for taking the time to play the trial on a holiday like today.

No problem, I have done my New Year celebrations earlier so I didn't really have anything smart to do last night. I picked this up because I wanted to see how the TL for the full game could look like in the future and that motivated me to read it right now so I could give some feedback while the patch is in the making. I am thankful for the team's efforts and it looked like a decent VN so why not give it a try :) ...

Edited by Infernoplex
typo

As I have promised, here are all the screenshots that I have made: link

I have split everything up to make an easy navigation around and I have included everything that came as odd during my initial reading of the trial. Also, I need to mention that there are things that aren't really an issue that I have also included, it's basically my entire feedback on the matter at hand so it includes everything except the opinions I have stated earlier in the survey and in my previous post. I am just asking the team behind the fan-TL patch not to take it too harsh if I seemed a little bit hard on them, I tried my best to be as thorough as possible. I also included some edit suggestions for some sentences, you don't have to look at those but it's something that I also wanted to include in case it can be helpful.

I wish you good luck Kachin Kachin and if need for it comes, I will test your next patch, waiting in anticipation :) ... がんばって!!!

5 minutes ago, AtomCrafty said:

the tildes were deliberately retained during translation :)

As far as I know they denote a prolonged sound at the end of a sentence, but don't take my word for it ^^

Yeah, @OutoftheBox mentioned it too, I forgot to remove that "Technical Stuff" folder when I compressed earlier, nevermind, just ignore it, I didn't know what all those tildas were for before I have heard today :D

Edited by Infernoplex

13 hours ago, OutoftheBox said:

6. "There's new clients". I'm pretty sure this isn't wrong but it might be threading on borderline slang which is why you think it's wrong. It's one of those english quirks.

*treading :P

"There's new clients" is grammatically incorrect. Now, sometimes people talk in grammatically incorrect ways. It's one of those things where when spoken in a confident tone, you may not even notice they're speaking incorrectly and they'll sound fine, but when you're reading it, the character comes off as stupid. There's a difference between slang where a character uses unusual words, and slang where they use improper grammar. If you want a character to sound casual you can utilize the former, but reserve the latter only for when you want them to sound stupid or thuggish or something.

"Client" is a weird word choice here, since it's describing people visiting a restaurant. "Customers" would be a much more normal way to describe them. I don't know anything about restaurant jargon though so maybe that's how staff talks about customers?

I was the one who wrote a huge multi-part response in the feedback section of the survey, btw. You can PM me if you have any further questions about that. Keep in mind the handful of basic Japanese issues I mentioned only come from the time I spent editing, and you should ask an actual translator if you want more detail than the surface-level stuff I addressed.