Lover Able TL

RedK

Sorry for late posting my impression here. I'd finished the trial and overall I didn't had any problem with the translation (English not my first language here to be honest), so I think you did the job fine imo. For the story, it's quite interesting that MC (Haruki) here was quite interesting taste of humor (I mean will you do NTR roleplaying to ingredients when you cooking? Well, Haruki did). The girl was quite cute and Kaho could be mischieveous there to Haruki (And brocon as well). The voice was fine and quite in seiyuu range. That's all I could write for now.

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Sorry for late posting my impression here. I'd finished the trial and overall I didn't had any problem with the translation (English not my first language here to be honest), so I think you did the job fine imo. For the story, it's quite interesting that MC (Haruki) here was quite interesting taste of humor (I mean will you do NTR roleplaying to ingredients when you cooking? Well, Haruki did). The girl was quite cute and Kaho could be mischieveous there to Haruki (And brocon as well). The voice was fine and quite in seiyuu range. That's all I could write for now.

Glad you liked it ^^.

PS: Somehow the image on the first page doesn't update :/, but you can check our progress in our website http://kachinkachin.xyz/lover-able-progress/

• 2 weeks later...

UI Overhaul

Hey folks,
the old edited interface graphics were pretty inconsistent in terms of font choice / general look and feel, so I spent the last week reworking all of the UI files, trying to resemble the original as closely as possible.
I now used the same font for all UI labels and larger font sizes in general.
As a result of your feedback we also changed our policy regarding the use of Japanese quotation marks and some other style issues.
Left is old, right is new. Let us know what you prefer :)

UI Update 01UI Update 02UI Update 03UI Update 04UI Update 05UI Update 06UI Update 07UI Update 08

Also, here are the latest stats (Image progress is a bit out of sync):
@RedK is working on Satsuki's route now ;)

progress
Edited by AtomCrafty

@Erogamer thank you for bringing up this point. We've had a long debate about this exact issue, so please let me present our reasoning to you:

gXxR8yh.png

As you can see, the 「」 characters are twice as wide as others. This causes an ugly indentation issue we were trying to avoid.
It would be technically possible to indent every other line by two spaces, but that would mean we lost 2 characters per line ;)

Another option would be to use regular "double quotes":

dt6jg9W.png

But in the end we decided to remove them entirely like this:

SDzLBKz.png

Thoughts are still clearly identifiable as they don't have a "speaker name" in the smaller box above:

1F45C0c.png

During translation we noticed that we were constantly running into space issues because the english text tends to be much longer than the original one :)
Therefore, saving up to 8 characters per "page" is a huge deal.

Of course there are other workarounds such as reducing the font size for long lines or splitting a single line over multiple "pages", but we found those to be quite disrupting when reading and would prefer to use them as sparingly as possible.
I hope this compromise will be acceptable for everyone, please let us know otherwise.

- Atom

Edited by AtomCrafty

I tend to prefer removing the quotation marks entirely in situations like yours, as well. A lot of fan TLs keep the JP quotes but then don't do the indentation like the JP scripts reliably do, which always drives me a little nuts, aesthetically, and I agree that the quotation marks don't give you any sort of additional clarity when you already have a speaker name above the text box. As long as it doesn't break your engine (and sometimes it does...), removing the quotation marks entirely is a technique I wholeheartedly approve of.

That said, I do prefer "Evil! Demon!" over "Evil!! Demon!!" - VNs have too much punctuation already :sachi:

I'd say it's about 50/50, half of the TLs I've seen have them, half don't. You probably just never noticed it before because you never had it pointed out? A fan translation that has to work around text box space might be more inclined to remove them in order to save space. I know I'm glad Dracu-Riot doesn't have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, here are today's numbers :)

Tsugumi TLC has made good progress and Satsuki is somewhere in the fourth of seven story scripts.
We have also started another QC run on the prologue and early common route chapters to implement the new style rules.
78 mail contents have been translated and edited, but I have yet to finish about half of the image editing work.

I think that's about it - Atom

LyWkwpq.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, everyone!

It's been about a month since you last heard from us and we've made quite some progress since then.
Satsuki's route is now fully translated and TLC is faster than ever.
With that TL and TLC have reached their 20k and 10k lines milestone respectively! \o/
The next route to be translated is Nanako's, the longest one in terms of line count.

We are also looking forward to another exciting announcement, but I can't tell you about that yet ;)

- Atom

M1IlWNs.png