Tales of Cold Steel 2

Novel21

If you haven't yet played Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 this might be a good time to do so. Get one game done a month while you wait. I've bought both cold steel games but I'm still making my way through TitS SC. 

3 hours ago, Riku said:

Is this game part of the Tales of Kiseki series?

Correct.
The Legend of Heroes is the name of the series itself. Within these series, there are many so called "arcs".

Trails in the Sky, Trails in the Sky Second Chapter, and Trails in the Sky The 3rd are mostly centred around the country of Liberl.

Trails of Cold Steel, Trails of Cold Steel II, and Trails of Cold Steel III are mostly centred around Erebonia. I think. The third hasn't been released in Japan yet.

The other missing two, Trails to Zero and Trails to Azure, haven't been confirmed for localisation, but I'd bet they will be at some point.

Finally there's some older titles which have mostly been localised at some point; also part of the "Legend of Heroes" series, but they don't have "Kiseki" in the name. All of these are from before 2000.

Ok, I'm sorry for trying to be smarter than I am by trying to be sarcastic.

You typed "Tales of" instead of "Trails of", so I made fun of it by creating the series "Tales of Kiseki". Then Tiago made a serious answer, which killed the thing. But I still tried my best, and invented Vesperia no Kiseki, but in the end, there is still no comment. :vinty:

Anyway, for the serious answer, Tales of Vesperia is my favorite because it's my first Tales of. If you have a xbox360, play it! (Or in japanese for the PS3 version. There is a fantranslation for the entire game)

I never played any game of the Trails (Kiseki) series because I'm waiting to be proeficient enough in japanese to play the Evolution versions on Vita. (Sora, Zero and Ao) So yeah, won't be before long.

You know a crossover between the Trails games and Tales games would be interesting, and considering Bamco did publish the Gagharv trilogy PSP ports it may not be completely impossible (though a couple characters showing up in the next Project X Zone is more likely). Then again considering the direction Cold Steel's going maybe we'll see some Trails characters in a Super Robot Wars game someday...

20 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

The other missing two, Trails to Zero and Trails to Azure, haven't been confirmed for localisation, but I'd bet they will be at some point.

Trails to Zero WAS being quite badly fan-translated a few years ago. Badly fan-translated by a guy who is sympathetic to Nightwolve - Nightwolve being someone who has been chucking a colossal tantrum at XSeed for the past number of years over something he was never entitled to in the first place.

There was quite a big blow up on the GBA forums. Arunaru also makes a cameo xD

https://gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-translation.366149/page-30 

3 hours ago, Rooke said:

Trails to Zero WAS being quite badly fan-translated a few years ago. Badly fan-translated by a guy who is sympathetic to Nightwolve - Nightwolve being someone who has been chucking a colossal tantrum at XSeed for the past number of years over something he was never entitled to in the first place.

There was quite a big blow up on the GBA forums. Arunaru also makes a cameo xD

https://gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-translation.366149/page-30 

It actually is still being worked on. The group has plans to release it by the end of the year. Supposedly they might also work on Ao afterwards.

Proof of Concept they released a few months ago

https://youtu.be/mtYW6VwosHk

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

What are you talking about?

Trails of Cold Steel 2 has been released in America. Europe (and Australia) have to wait a couple of months though.

But PS3 games are region free, so international gamers can just order the game from Amazon or something and it should work on their PS3. No need to wait for a local release.

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Trails of Cold Steel 2 has been released in America. Europe (and Australia) have to wait a couple of months though.

But PS3 games are region free, so international gamers can just order the game from Amazon or something and it should work on their PS3. No need to wait for a local release.

Oh he talked about that, I must wait until november before I can play Trails of Cold Steel 2, at last it give me time to finish Trails of Cold Steel before 2 comes out

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2016 at 5:49 PM, Novel21 said:

Oh he talked about that, I must wait until november before I can play Trails of Cold Steel 2, at last it give me time to finish Trails of Cold Steel before 2 comes out

Yah, gives you time to choose your best girl wisely ;). I lost my save game so ffffuuuuuuuuuu....

1 minute ago, Novel21 said:

Oh that was too bad to hear, what are you going to do now?

Oh I just fired up a new game. It'd take too long to finish the first one. Although I heard that there was free shining pom or something like that a week before CS2 launched or so if you're a PS+ member.