Just Deserts

Valmore

Interesting review there, since you mentioned that you like Yumi's voice here. About Just Desert, for most part I agree with you here, especially about Cornelia very stiff voice here (I suspect that the voice actress might be Indonesian people who using English name at the credit. Just my speculation here). For the gameplay, while feeding girl will certainly remind you of Huniepop, I would like to think that this game was adapted Harvest Moon system here for the dating system (Love point, love stage, gift, and farming if you recall usual MMORPG term of money grind) for most part here (Actually more of Rune Factory though because of the quests and the combat here). Oh, and yeah once again money was the most important resource in this game, either to buy gifts and equipment or activated special skill. About money, I would suggest that you better sell the drop from the alien because some drop could give you large sum of money.

For more rambling about gameplay here, I think Cornelia was the hardest one to fill the love meter because her quests line was involving combat random enemy and random drop whic honestly could be quite hassle to fulfill and more if you consider RNG here. Although the hardest ending to achieve here would be harem ending though, if only because you need to fill all 5 heroines with 2,500 love points in 30 days, which was quite hard if you didn't know to manipulate RNG for quest (Save Scumming) or cheating. If you managed to fill the girls with 2,500 love points, they'll unlocked 2nd skill which range from game breaking (Cornelia, 25,000 damage to all enemy with cost 1,000,000), useful (Cecile which repair armor ie sort of extra HP and Yumi which recover 3,500 HP to MC), not too bad (Eve, 750 damage per turn for 3 turns) and useless (Jennifer, only increasing chance of escape) against final boss.

Speaking about final boss, lame form (Not as lame as cubic though. This time we got giant eye) and name (The name was BOSS) aside it was quite good battle if only could force you to fighting strategically (ie think of when you either should be attacking or repair armor (Or to recover HP) because the boss's ultimate attack could inflict around 2,500 to 3,800 damage iirc to MC. My tips for preparing final battle here would be prepare around 1,000,000 or 1,500,000 to be safe (Or if you unlock Cornelia 2nd skill 3,000,000) if possible and bring as many as dispel grenade (To dispel shield, and that was my name by the way) because final boss shielding itself for 4 turns should be the last thing you want here, although some grenade that reduced enemy speed and some medicine would be helpful to prepare. Of course you should had the weapon with highest damage output and some armor too for preparation, and if your weapon run out of use, using Cecile first skill to recover weapon usage (Cost 25,000).

I think that's all for my rambling here and about the ending, there was definitely full of refrence about Indonesia (This is VN from Indonesia of couse duh).

Nice review @Valmore, I agree with most of what you said but personally I didn't like this VN-RPG hybrid at all, I am not against "choose your waifu simulation", but this game literally killed it for me ... My major gripe with this game wasn't the voices or the setting or the art ... My major gripe with it was the boring RPG and battle system (and as you said, preety uninteresting "aliens") ... I played it for 3 hours and ditched it alltogether, at first I thought about completing at least one girl route but I decided against it, too much boring, I might have done it if it weren't for such a boring system in place, and I might be wrong but I remember that sometime ago I played a similiar "choose your waifu" simulation but it was far better than this game, it wasn't boring like this ...

I could tolerate the voices, even the Cornelia's but I couldn't tolerate preety boring love points system and how you earned reputation with the girls by being a simple errand boy, I waited to see if something interesting is going to happen but no, even when you unlock the city, it's still boring, and the game doesn't even mention on which days you can't date the girls (I losed some "love points" because I didn't know that on some days you simply have no control over the character, that's when I unlocked the city, I losed the points because I took the so-called "quests" and didn't finish them on time) ...

The combat system was preety much boring, and that "pay the girl" system got me laughing hard when I found out, preety retarded in my opinion, I am personally not against introducing gameplay elements to VNs but when they are bad like in this game, I'd rather prefer it if they stayed only in the VN genre xD ...This game isn't Rance and it isn't Aseila, I preety much hate it when they mix VNs with bad RPG elements or they implement it in the wrong way ... Oh, and what's up with those high numbers O_O I was confused why did they pick up such big numbers for items like for example "10000000" or "5000000", why all the zeroes for God's Sake O_O They could have just said "10" rocks or whatever the value ... All in all, preety boring game, I rate it 2/10 ...

And preety much agree with @littleshogunon his statement.

I'll admit I tend to be a bit more forgiving, particularly with initial offerings (as best I can tell this is one of the first works the developer put out, if not the first). Could be I try to find the good in what I'm playing and if it's there I'll sometimes let it overcome some of the bad, hence the 3 rating. I really do dig the sprite artist's work and some of the voices were really good. I like the concept, but their approach fell flat. The combat was painfully boring, waiting forever for some rocks to fly at me got pretty old after one time. And paying for your teammate to use a skill was really dumb. I mean, I doubt Navy SEALS or Green Berets or any professional military organization makes you pay for a strafing run or tactical advice (they may grumble that you owe them a couple beers, though) so that part really irked me a bit. Like, "Well, sorry protagonist, you couldn't pay for the strafing run so I'm gonna leave you to die at the hands of a Rubik's Cube." I mean, even if you just got one free activation of a skill would have made more sense.

But that not losing stats for sleeping? Seriously. Loved that. I really hate sims that penalize you for sleeping, especially since they all force you to sleep every night anyway.