Konnichiwa, long time lurker here :)

Infernoplex

Well, I don't have a habit of creating accounts on the forums around the net so here goes nothing xD ...

Hello everyone!! :D Now, how should I introduce myself, me thinks ... I guess I should say that I am yet another Japanese Anime/Visual Novel/Manga fan (it seems the world can never get enough of those, it seems xD) and like many others, I too have lurked Fuwa for quite some time now xD The first time I saw this site was back in late 2012, early 2013 and looking at it now, it does look a lot different, both in style and spirit I think, but I like it nonetheless  :D ... I have seen a lot of ill will directed towards Fuwa on the net when some changes were introduced, but was never really bothered with all of that, I always thought and still think about Fuwa as more of a Visual Novel Fans Community Hub rather than anything else ... I can only congratulate Tay and others for managing to run this community for so long and sailing against all the tides ...

I have been following Visual Novels as a medium since at least 2010 when I played my first VN which was Bible Black and that's what initially got me interested in the medium ... I am also a casual anime fan and I also read manga from time to time but I think that visual novels is my favourite way of entertainment from Japan right now, I find them quite addictive and I always feel the need to finish them off once I start them, even nukige stuff, I just like the concept of them and everything, I don't consider them real games but as "novels" though with an interesting way of presentation :D Don't get me wrong, I like anime too, but it seems to me that I like visual novels more because they somehow always feel like they have more depth to them ... I could elaborate on that thought if somebody wants to talk on the subject xD ...

As for the VNs I have read, here is the list: https://vndb.org/u118122/list ... It's quite modest, I agree, for somebody who knows about VNs for quite some time, I didn't get the time to read a lot of them and time between 2011 and 2015 was spent on other hobbies mostly until I returned to this one ... I switch from anime to VNs, from VNs to manga and from manga to anime so I never really get to have a huge backlog of any of these mediums xD ... And to top it all, I am quite slow, especially at reading VNs (that have a decent plot) and I tend to spend some time on them ... and some of these VNs are so good that I read them at least twice :D  ... The only VN I went through three times was Bible Black because it was a rather interesting hentai nukige title that I liked back in the day and even now I like it very much ... As for other VNs, I still didn't play enough of them but I can safely say that my current favourite VN is "I/O Revision II" fan-translated by Lemnisca (spent more than 60 hours on this one, a rather long hard sci-fi VN which I started in late 2015 and I consider it the best VN that I have read so far) ... And I also fell in love with Swan Song ... though I was dissapointed by some plot developments, I feel like it was rushed at some points but still I like it for its interesting design choices ^^ ... I know there are many other VNs that are probably going to be even better than these I mentioned, I know about all mainstream VNs that are considered a must-read like Muv-Luv, Kara no Shoujo, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Ever17 and so on, I know, I have been following VNs for quite some time now and I intend to go through all translated VNs xD ... I know it's going to take a while but I enjoy the medium quite a lot and I even want to "learn" Japanese (however much I can grasp of it, it's a rather unique language in its nature), I started only recently, Genki and some other beginner friendly courses, but its probably going to take me at least 2 to 3 years before I get even the basics and kanji and what-not xD ... I just hope that I will be able to read basic nukige stuff at least someday xD ...

As for the VN I am currently reading, it's called "Sensei 2", a rather old G-Collections rapist protagonist nukige that gives me the same feelings like "My Sex Slave is a Classmate", it's almost like I am reading the same VN with some minor differences ... Though as a nukige, I think I like "Sensei 2" more, but it's nothing special overall, it's entertaining to some degree but nothing good as Bible Black was, BB blows these two out of the water any day xD ...

If you want to discuss with me about any of the VNs I have read or want to give me special recommendations, feel free to do so :) Also, ask anything you want to know about me, I am quite open for a chat these days :D

Welcome~ It's always good to see new people. As someone who's studying japanese and has tried reading japanese VNs, if you use a text parser, it shouldn't be that hard to read basic nukige. As for recommendations, you should read Saya no Uta. It's really short and good. Fata Morgana is also amazing. Both of them have rather dark themes, and I'd definitely recommend them if you liked the tone and feel of Swan Song.

Thanks everyone :D ... @akaritan I know about Saya no Uta and Fata Morgana already, they were preety much recommended everywhere, I know I will like them, but right now I am saving them for later, currently I am playing some older VNs, and I want to finish them before moving on, because I don't want to get used to better art and graphics, I have figured out that after playing some good looking VNs I have trouble looking at older stuff, for example, I tried the other day YU-NO and immediately stopped after an hour because I simply couldn't keep looking at it ... I believe that VN really is a masterpiece but I simply can't swallow that DOS-like interface and everything, that's why I am into playing mostly 2000s VNs, from G-Collections ... The last DOS-like VN I was able to swallow somehow was Divi-Dead and even then I couldn't bother to go through all the endings, I just read spoilers for it because I simply couldn't torture myself with it anymore ... I preety much know about all dark translated VNs, but right now I am making a catalog of untranslated ones which I am planning on trying to play in a year or two or three xD ... As for the text parser thingy, I didn't experiement much with those yet, I do have VNR installed and I did test it out on some VNs but it's preety much useless if you don't know Japanese at least Intermediate level, and machine translation sucks but I do intend to use those a lot once I get some real knowledge on Japanese, right now I am still at the beginner level, and my first goal is to grasp at least 500 kanji, just the meanings, the readings are a bit harder though because each of them has at least 2 different readings and its best to remember those through vocabulary and that's what I intend to do, it will take some time though, but I believe I have enough will to go through this endeavour xD

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and hope you had fun here. Sorry for late greeting here. For last word enjoy yourself here.

PS - If you favor 2000's VN, I think you better check my thread below (A little promotion here). But since you like I/O I would suggest Ever17 because one of the writer was also the one who responsible for I/O. Hope this help for the recommendation, and if you need more just ask us here.

@littleshogun Thank you, I checked that thread of yours :D ...

10. Private Nurse - Finished it already several months ago, it's one of those older bishoujo titles that are rather casual and peacuful, I quite frankly liked it in the sense that it wasn't boring as some other VNs I have read and it was generally a nice read but nothing to really grind my gears if you know what I mean, I actually enjoyed only Maria's route, Ayano's route was kind of mediocrish to me and nothing special overall, I gave it 6 on VNDB ...

9. Figures of Happiness (Shiawase no Katachi) - Played it twice, once in 2011 and in the beginning of 2016 ... Sadly, my opinion of it was better first time I have read it xD The second time I went through it I found it preety mediocrish, it actually had good premise, but some rather slow plot developments and overall slow pacing of it were kind of hard on me, and one of the two major heroines in it was so annoying I wanted to hit the monitor everytime she spoke ... And I had to go through mental torture there playing her route (Mio's route) first because you can't play the ending with the other heroine (Minamo) until finishing off that ... Considering that it's also the longest G-Collection game (30-50 hours), I found it quite boring at times but maybe it's just me, I don't know, sometimes I like comedy, sometimes I don't, this VN particularly didn't manage to interest me that much aside from some other interesting heroines and paths that were generally more interesting, and I rated it also a 6 on VNDB because at the end I did manage to find something I like though I would have liked it more if it wasn't that long, there was no need for so much slow-paced stuff and generally boring day-to-day conversations ...

8. Brave Soul - Tried playing it back in the day, I actually liked the concept of H-RPG, but in all honesty, this one didn't click for me, I dropped it soon after because of reasons and couldn't really play it any longer, there are some other far better looking H-RPGs released by JAST that I do plan to play :) ...

7. Hourglass of Summer - Oh, don't get me on this one, I tried these Hirameki International VNs back in 2013 I believe, it's not just that they cut H-content, it's also a pain in the ass to play these VNs, I think only Ever17 is the normal one amongst VNs licensed by them, all others have DVD type of playing which I disliked very much because of many reasons and so I dropped all of their titles, except Ever17 which I still didn't play and plan on doing it in the future (yeah, yeah, I know, it's going to be the best read ever, I can already sense that, that's why I saved it for later ^^) ...

6. Snow Sakura (Yukizakura) - This is the real deal :D I didn't put it on my VNDB that I have read it yet, this VN was my second VN that I have read, I have good memories of it, I want to play it for the second time and that's why I didn't put it on my VNDB yet because I want to remember everything about it and why I liked it back then, as a romance-the-girl type of VN it's in my opinion far better than Private Nurse and Figures of Happiness, I liked it very much and I think the heroines were all done well here :D ...

5. Princess Waltz - Haven't played this one yet, Peach Princess didn't release that many VNs, I remember that they released only this VN and some other racing type of VN, I intend to play all of them at some point in time, maybe when I finish all G-Collection stuff :D ... JAST now owns the rights to all G-Collection and Peach Princess Stuff (if I am not mistaken, these two were actually its subsidiaries) ...

4. Kazoku Keikaku (Family Project) - I haven't played this one and I am on my path to play it soon because I am now trying to clear all G-Collection VNs :D But I have heard only praise about it so I am guessing it's going to be a very good read :) ...

3. Crescendo - Also want to play it, I have heard only good stuff about it and I can't wait to go through it :) ...

2.  Kana Imouto - Same like Crescendo, didn't play it yet but I have heard only good stuff about it :) ...

1. Phantom of Inferno - Another Hirameki International gem ... I actually were recommended this one and back then when I tried playing it, I had DVD problems and couldn't really get into it ... I think at the end somebody helped me fix the problem but still, the annoying DVD replaying format on PC just wasn't for me and I didn't like that way of presentation so I ditched it altogether, I know the VN is considered a masterpiece by Nitro+ but I simply can't play it like that, so I don't intend to bother with it, there are many others that work just fine without all the annoying DVD replaying stuff ... xD

Though thanks for all the recommendations, I will be sure to check them out all :D ...

4 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

we'll get along.

@FunyarinpaI am glad that you think so :D Though in all honesty, I didn't really like these two rapist protagonist nukiges (I mean My Sex Slave is a Classmate and now Sensei 2) ... MSSiaC was rather boring, it's the second title translated by MangaGamer and in that time MangaGamer was quite bad with translations and wasn't that big as they are now, even as a nukige I found it quite unappealing to me, it's a VN originally developed by Liquid and I think Liquid got better only later, I was looking at some of their VNs after MSSiaC and they all look FAR BETTER than those first nukiges they were releasing that MangaGamer translated ... And Sensei 2 which I still didn't finish all routes (I have beaten 5/10 routes right now) feels kind of better than MSSiaC but is ultimately very much like MSSiaC and the art in it isn't very good since it's a rather old VN right now though I like the descriptions of the sex scenes, I think I would have liked it much more if it had better art, it actually has more real content unlike MSSiaC ...

One of the best VNs that I liked actually feature a rapist protagonist (kind of) as well and I already mentioned the VN, it's Bible Black :D ... What I liked about this VN is that it has a lot of sex scenes + it has a relatively interesting plot (in my opinion, I know that many people still consider it a plotless nukige), I loved this VN for its art, it's one of those Sei Shoujo titles that are simply magnificant to look at, I played only two VNs by him, one was Bible Black and the other was Heartwork ... I didn't play Discipline and Starless yet but I know that I am going to love these two VNs already and I simply can't wait to get into these one as well as if God helps me with Japanese one day to play even some of the untranslated Sei Shoujo titles like Lewdness or DominancE *_* ...

What I liked about Bible Black was that it had the option to go into two directions ... be either an evil rapist protagonist ... or be a punching bag and get fem-raped by sluts, oh man, I loved this VN back in the day, even today I play it from time to time to remind myself of its greatness :D Sadly the sequel to Bible Black was rather shitty, it was one of the worst VNs I have read, awful voice acting and the story overall was out of place and touch so I disliked it very much, real Bible Black was much better than this shitty sequel in my opinion.

If you know of any good rapist protagonist nukiges, translated or not, please feel free to recommend me ^^ ... Oh, and the OST you sent is good, I didn't play Fata Morgana yet, I am going to play it much much later because right now I am into only older stuff, I want to finish it off before moving on :) ...

Edited by Infernoplex
a small typo