Kamidori, a couople of questions

bogdankl

Major kamidori SPOILERS ahead

So I just finished my first route in kamidori <Yuela> and I wanted to ask a few questions, but afraid of spoiling myself I turned to the good folks here at fuwanovel so please lend me some of your knowledge sempais

First off what exactly are the other routes? is it the same overall story arc with a few different scenes or do they tell other stories?

Second, are there more endings? I feel that a lot of things were left unanswered <what is behind the seal in the mines that wills parents died to protect?, what about the nobleman who framed yuidora to get daisanford to go to war with them, he never got punished? what exactly did yuela's parents had to comit suicide for? rule no1 if there is no corpse she's still alive <shartys sister>,can I get to meister?> and others I can;t think off the top of my head, note that I know I did not do everything, the twins were bellow level 30 and I'm pretty sure there were more quests with them, probably with the dragon and sea giant too cuz before the war none of these learned new moves

Thirdly can you get all the armors on the first playthrough? I know i missed I think two looking at the cg files <probably more relationships with some characters>

I am asking this because I invested quite a few hours in this game and I wanna now how badly I screwed up

Game's great btw if anyone is asking, It's not some hardcore super cereal stuff like fate or g snejo no maou, it's lighthearted with a lot of grinding and a lot of ecchi

please keep in mind not spoiling things when answering

thank you and have a nice evening

9 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

First off what exactly are the other routes? is it the same overall story arc with a few different scenes or do they tell other stories?

I think the main story is the same but there's New Game+ content with new quests and characters.

9 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

Thirdly can you get all the armors on the first playthrough? I know i missed I think two looking at the cg files <probably more relationships with some characters>

I think you need two play-throughs of the same heroine to get all her scenes. <_<

Regarding your other questions, I just played Serawi's route so I unfortunately don't know the details of Yuela's route.

3 Routes, they all tell stories independent and unique to themselves.

For your part 2, honestly i can't remember much as i played kamidori a long time ago [loved it!]. I'm quite sure that the answer to whats behind the seal is explained in the new game plus events, you can also get meister in new game plus if i recall correctly. The answer to why yuela's parents died is in her route, there was a clear reason. Sharty's sis is as mentioned. [ This is if i'm remembering things right :wahaha:]

You could use these sites for help, i used them too and they have a lot of information on how to progress and unlock things. I spent a 100plus hours on kamidori, theres a lot to do! hope this helps mate. 

http://games.seiha.org/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=bf82412568dbe896db91a73750853bf8

https://www.scribd.com/doc/181675016/Kamidori-20130105-xls#scribd

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110727&page=25

http://eushully.wikia.com/wiki/God_Catching_Alchemy_Meister

11 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

Major kamidori SPOILERS ahead

So I just finished my first route in kamidori <Yuela> and I wanted to ask a few questions, but afraid of spoiling myself I turned to the good folks here at fuwanovel so please lend me some of your knowledge sempais

Second, are there more endings? I feel that a lot of things were left unanswered <what is behind the seal in the mines that wills parents died to protect?, what about the nobleman who framed yuidora to get daisanford to go to war with them, he never got punished? what exactly did yuela's parents had to comit suicide for? rule no1 if there is no corpse she's still alive <shartys sister>,can I get to meister?> and others I can;t think off the top of my head, note that I know I did not do everything, the twins were bellow level 30 and I'm pretty sure there were more quests with them, probably with the dragon and sea giant too cuz before the war none of these learned new moves

I am asking this because I invested quite a few hours in this game and I wanna now how badly I screwed up

Game's great btw if anyone is asking, It's not some hardcore super cereal stuff like fate or g snejo no maou, it's lighthearted with a lot of grinding and a lot of ecchi

please keep in mind not spoiling things when answering

thank you and have a nice evening

1) The other routes have completely different main stories. The stories with the side characters (Aht, Crayl, etc.) are the same, but more characters get introduced in New Game plus, which means that you should, in theory, get new side characters every playthrough.

2) There's no other ending; each main character has one ending only. Some answer details and questions from other routes. All routes are necessary to answer most, but not all, of your questions.

3) Doubtful. By your third, or maybe even second playthrough, in New Game plus, you should be able to attain all resources you need for every piece of armour.

I've played the game through 4 times. I have not unlocked over 70% of the stuff. Don't think you're bad. I'm much worse than you.

12 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

the other route are emelita/serawi story

15 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

Second, are there more endings?

3 ending(yuela,serawi, and emelita)

16 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

Thirdly can you get all the armors on the first playthrough?

I don't really remember about this since it's been a long time I finish this game.

2 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

3 Routes, they all tell stories independent and unique to themselves.

For your part 2, honestly i can't remember much as i played kamidori a long time ago [loved it!]. I'm quite sure that the answer to whats behind the seal is explained in the new game plus events, you can also get meister in new game plus if i recall correctly. The answer to why yuela's parents died is in her route, there was a clear reason. Sharty's sis is as mentioned.

You could use these sites for help, i used them too and they have a lot of information on how to progress and unlock things. I spent a 100plus hours on kamidori, theres a lot to do! hope this helps mate. 

http://games.seiha.org/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=bf82412568dbe896db91a73750853bf8

https://www.scribd.com/doc/181675016/Kamidori-20130105-xls#scribd

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110727&page=25

http://eushully.wikia.com/wiki/God_Catching_Alchemy_Meister

don't you "as menshund" me, out there somewhere, sharty's sister is waiting for me to have a sweet three way ecchi, and I'm gonna find her

also thanks everyone for the quick answers ^^

Also, when you start a new game+, CARRY EVERYTHING YOU CAN OVER. I wanted to challenge myself and didn't carry anything over into the second game, and it was such a pain in the ass to grind for stuff and levels.

Sure, it was a bit weird to roflstomp the final boss during my third playthrough, but it's a better alternative if you want to 100% it... which is ridiculously difficult and no one should do it ever.

Additionally, it is pointless to remove the level caps on the enemies.
That does two things: It increases their health, and their damage. You don't get more experience even if you're fighting level 60 puttetos on lower level dungeon. The experience is based entirely on the level of the dungeon. That means stuff like your first 5 dungeons hardly give you anything, even if you unlock the cap on the enemies and make them huge tanks. It's pointless, and wastes far too much time in an already long game.

2 minutes ago, Ariurotl said:

Also, when you start a new game+, CARRY EVERYTHING YOU CAN OVER. I wanted to challenge myself and didn't carry anything over into the second game, and it was such a pain in the ass to grind for stuff and levels.

Sure, it was a bit weird to roflstomp the final boss during my third playthrough, but it's a better alternative if you want to 100% it... which is ridiculously difficult and no one should do it ever.

This. And if you do want to attempt to 100% do it at (bare minimum) the end of your third playthrough otherwise it will be very very very painful.

3 minutes ago, Ariurotl said:

now I'm starting to worry cuz I started ng+ and scaled enemies, this is probably gonna be a pain to finish but whatever <I did import everything>

just a quick question, when should I do the extra stories? now or after I did all the 3 main routes?

34 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

just a quick question, when should I do the extra stories? now or after I did all the 3 main routes?

Might as well do them when you think your team is ready to handle it - I recall not being able to do some of it until my 3rd playthrough~

EDIT: oh wait, I remember, those are the actual separate stories on the main menu, right? You probably want to do them once you've completely cleared the side characters' stories. Seem to recall some spoilers with the sidecast.

16 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Might as well do them when you think your team is ready to handle it - I recall not being able to do some of it until my 3rd playthrough~

EDIT: oh wait, I remember, those are the actual separate stories on the main menu, right? You probably want to do them once you've completely cleared the side characters' stories. Seem to recall some spoilers with the sidecast.

:)) I spent more than 20 hours farming, by the time I reached the end of the game yuela basically soloed most of the last dungeon cuz she was lv 70 :)) but I guess there is always room for more

I took yuela EVERYWHERE so she was more than twice the level of some of my less used party members :))

16 minutes ago, bogdankl said:

:)) I spent more than 20 hours farming, by the time I reached the end of the game yuela basically soloed most of the last dungeon cuz she was lv 70 :)) but I guess there is always room for more

I took yuela EVERYWHERE so she was more than twice the level of some of my less used party members :))

Think I might dust off my copy, been at least 3 years since I last played it, might even start completely fresh (ugh, the grind for ultimate weapon mats/ultiamte character charms will be real) :sachi: 

You talking about it has piqued my interest in it again, lol. Though I still need to finish my slog through Koiken otome~

Just now, Tyrosyn said:

I rather think it's pointless to play a game without a challenge.

The challenge is there. 
Have you played the game?

You could, for instance, start the game with new extra members that start at level 1, and these guys would be on par with the early dungeons. If you remove the level cap, these level ones don't stand a chance.
Assuming you don't start with new members, even if you breeze through the early dungeons, there are immense amounts of other high level dungeons that you don't even have a chance of playing on your first and second and, on my case, third playthroughs. You need to level up your party members. The only way to do that is to fight on high level dungeons. If you waste all your time fighting damage sponges on the first couple of dungeons, you get jack all experience, and you'll waste tens of hours before you get to any of the new content, of which there is a lot.

The only thing removing the level cap does is make you waste extra hours on the initial dungeons. It's not challenging, it's boring. You're not fighting new enemies with special abilities on levels you've never seen before like in the high level dungeons; you're fighting on dungeons you already know the layout of, against enemies you've fought countless times before with gargantuan amounts of extra health.

There's a lot of grinding in this game. Now imagine every critter had the health of your average boss. That's not challenge. That's a waste of time.

40 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

meh, artificial challenge by that point - its just mindless grinding once you get to a certain point, why exacerbate it further?

Why doing it in the first place if it's only mindless grinding to you?

15 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:

Try La Dea.

I finished La Dea with 100%, maximizing the challenge in every additional playthrough of course.

1 hour ago, Tyrosyn said:

Why doing it in the first place if it's only mindless grinding to you?

To see the extra content of course - 3 routes, and a ton of side content. It takes at least 4-5 playthroughs to 100% the game. By the time you're on the 3rd or 4th, it's not about "challenge" anymore - but completion.

Also, Tiag already raised many good points.

la dea was even more mindless grinding than kamidori, at least in case one wants all of his/her spirits maxed out & stuff. hell it gave me fucking nightmares, though not even remotely close to the 3000h+ i´ve spend on disgaeas item world...

edit: the more or less lack of gruesome-ish & endlessly grinding is what i came to despise in eushullys latest titles. just feels wrong & loathsome to me.