Frontwing asks your thoughts on an issue regarding Corona Blossom

trickzzter

1 hour ago, Zenophilious said:

Here's a good example of what they're getting in terms of "feedback":

These characters look like carbon copies of the most generic anime girl templates ever. Who the fuck are the expecting to pay for this? There are literally thousands of other visual novels out there that do the exact same thing and plenty of them are free. I could literally read free anime visual novels nonstop for the rest of my life and probably never run out.

I'm saying this as a person who fucking loves anime, romance and fantasy shit, this looks like uninspired garbage and they should be ashamed for complaining that nobody wanted to buy this. Anime as a genre/style is completely oversaturated because 90% of it is just people copying what everyone else is doing.

I'm glad this shit game is failing, I hope their company goes under and we never have to see anything made by these idiots again.

That pretty much nails it though :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Tyrosyn said:

That pretty much nails it though :ph34r:

This. I haven't read It but it seems very generic. Cute girls, animal ears, fluff and stuff. Robots are the only thing that looks intriguing but I guess they don't play any significant role. Basically qt girlz doing qt things with s-f backdrop.

You know what doesn't sound generic? A story of WW2 soldier lost in fantasy world and trying to go back home. There are no VNs like that and it would definitely stand out and get attention. If only Frontwing had a title like that...

On August 22, 2016 at 5:07 PM, ChaosRaven said:

Actually, that one looked so totally right up my alley that I bought it lol. Actually, I had no idea that it was even released. And judging by the low review count it unfortuntely didn't get a lot of attention so far.

When I saw it on Steam, I assumed it was a Hidden Object game.  It wasn't until Rooke's post that I found out otherwise.

5 hours ago, Rooke said:

To make things even more hilarious, it looks like Frontwing is responding to a /v/ thread. Why they even bother is beyond me, gigantic waste of time.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/349358869 

Nah, I didn't even find out about the /v/ thread until after it was archived.  I only really brought it up in the first place because I was surprised people there cared/were interested enough for there to be a 500+ post thread about it.

As I said to someone else on Twitter, I of course take everything on 4chan with a heaping pile of salt, but at the same time it is part of my job to monitor community feedback, so I felt obligated to at least give it a skim.

5 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

So he uses 4Chan...yeah. No wonder it's a lost cause.

You may call 4chan however you like, but its general crowd is the one that actually buy expensive 18+ VN. Look, how they brought Rance to the West by purchasing many copies of BBH. That's why Mangagamer staff always hanging around there. Yes, /jp/ love to humiliate people, make up conspiracy and throw a stupid tantrum whenever they feel like, but its core VN buyers. Not Nekopara kids that make 100 threads of complain about high prices for "chinese picture books'. So, Frontwing is doing fine job to hear what they say. First hear, not follow every advice! It's basically a right thing to do for every respectfull company, right, Sekai?

8 hours ago, SpeedBeatz said:

I didn't mean to imply that I'm an active 4chan user - I've posted there maybe four times in my life - just that I look at threads relevant to the company as part of my job!

They should've asked in 8chan instead since isn't that where users moved after the 'cleanup' few years ago? Actually they could've asked here instead.

21 hours ago, SpeedBeatz said:

I of course take everything on 4chan with a heaping pile of salt, but at the same time it is part of my job to monitor community feedback, so I felt obligated to at least give it a skim.

May God have mercy on your soul. 

Or Beelzebub. Wherever you're headed, really :P 

51 minutes ago, Rooke said:

May God have mercy on your soul. 

Or Beelzebub. Wherever you're headed, really :P 

I ragequit after reading about half each of the /vg/ and /v/ threads.  Even my patience has its limits.

10 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people :makina:

The funny thing is that even 4channers complain in that thread about the "e-celeb" culture that has taken root there.

I don't know if I should say this but ... I read it all ... that entire 4chan thread xD ... Yes, that's how I waste my time sometimes though I must admit I had a laugh at some comments xD As for the VN itself, everything was already said on here why it didn't sell well ... Personally, by the looks of it, it isn't something I would like to read :P Though I like the e-mote stuff :D ...

Edited by Infernoplex
a small typo

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear (and I hope this doesn't sound rude), but nobody from Frontwing posted anything on 4chan.  I have no idea who made the /v/ thread (the OP of which was a screencap of a tweet from someone else who did an article about us asking on Facebook and Reddit), but it absolutely wasn't anyone here.  We didn't even make the thread on Reddit, I just posted in the weekly questions thread and then sanahtlig was kind enough to create a dedicated thread for us (on their own recognizance).  Just want to set the facts straight, mostly because I don't want it to look like we're being overly aggressive in promotion or anything like that.

31 minutes ago, SpeedBeatz said:

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear (and I hope this doesn't sound rude), but nobody from Frontwing posted anything on 4chan.

I'd hope not.  I can't see a professional company calling potential customers "ungrateful fucks", even in a setting like 4chan.

By the way, I'm, pretty sure that sanah is a dude  : P

On 23.08.2016 at 1:03 AM, Rooke said:

TBH if I wanted an episodic VN for 10 bucks, my first inclination would be to skip over Corona Blossoms AND Supipara and get this instead:

header.jpg?t=1471617429 

ss_2e75facdded8de224bcf7f2ea1c1754f63fbf 

The screenshots by themselves generate a wonderfully visceral atmosphere, I can feel it coming off the screen, and the description emphasises their primary hook - choice and consequence. 

Thank you for your feedback, it's really important for us, that you like our project) We are hope you are enjoying reading while we creating a new episode of ODL)