Lavinder

Project Introduction

Hello everyone. As you can see by looking to the side, my name is Lavinder. As head of the Saturday Crush Productions, I woud personally like to present our first project "Midsummer Daydream"

Visual Novel information

Midsummer Daydream is an Otome Eroge visual novel, which promises a refreshingly modern take on romance. The player will fill the shows of our heroine, Yumiko Shirayuki, a recent college graduate who's life is turned upside-down over the course of one eventful summer. Navigate Yumiko through the unique ups and downs that come with open relationships.

Midsummer Daydream seeks to break the mold of romance storytelling with it's organic, character-driven conflict. I am very passionate about telling  this story using the medium ov visual novels, and Im confident that you the plsyer will enjoy yourself from start to finish.

About Us

Saturday Crush is a team of like-minded visual novel fans. We were brought together by our shared experiences in developing our own visual novels, and the failiures we've experienced going it solo. It was this commonality that brought us together that brought us together. Together we will see eachother through to success where we once failed indevidually, and we are confident that Midsummer Daydream will be the first of many fine stories told by Saturday crish Our staff consists of:

Myself: As the ambiguous leader, my primary responsibilities are that of resource management and allocation of talent. As well, I am one of Saturday Crush's two artists, and programmers. I will dealprimerily in character and CG assets, but offer a wellrounded skillset that fills any role nessecary.

Bluebolt: Saturday Crush's second artist, lending his talents to set design. His unique pallets and lush enviormental designs will bring our world to life

Snailmusk: Saturday Crush's primary writer. His unique litterary style will be breathing life into our characters and make you feel things you didnt know possible.

Sagic: Saturday Crush's eccentric composer. A passionate musician who has been a godsend to us. I'm certain his soulful scores with really take us to the next level.

Wolfscythe: Rounds out the team as our general affairs manager and head of project planning. Hes an everyman similar to me who can help out wherever needed, but primarily serves to keep everyone on task and on time. Always pays to have a strict one jn the group.

Progress:

Ideation: 90% - Midsummer Dayream is pretty much planned out from start to finish. All of our broad strokes are in place. FULL STEAM AHEAD!!

Audio Assets: 40% - Sagic has been kicking ass on our soundtrack. It's amazing how much free time students have this time of year. Brings back fond memories Xp

Visual Assets: 5% - Rough designs are finalized and in place. Work on animated sprites has begun.

Script: 12% - Common Route and all special routes completely outlined. Common route final script started.

Programming: 0% - 0 is typically self-explanitory

Misc: 0% - playable demo planned.

In Closing:

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this. It really means a lot to me and all of us at Saturday Crush. We look forward to crafting a story you can enjoy. If you have anything you want to ask or just want to show your support, we would love to hear from you right here on this thread.

2 hours ago, Flutterz said:

What exactly constitutes a "refreshingly modern take on romance"?

Curse my overly vauge saleswoman language :_;

By "refreshingly " I simply meant that one of Midsummer Daydream offers a look into alternste relationship types thst break the mold and progression of typical romance. One of the main focuses of our story is "friends with benefits" relstionships, AKA Fuckbuddies. Concepts that often go undiscussed, or are treated with tacit dissapproval Despite quick google research indicating thst such relstionships are rather common.

13 minutes ago, Lavinder said:

Curse my overly vauge saleswoman language :_;

By "refreshingly " I simply meant that one of Midsummer Daydream offers a look into alternste relationship types thst break the mold and progression of typical romance. One of the main focuses of our story is "friends with benefits" relstionships, AKA Fuckbuddies. Concepts that often go undiscussed, or are treated with tacit dissapproval Despite quick goog research indicating thst such relstionships are rsther common.

Sounds interesting enough, good luck! :sacchan:

2a0i546.pngPresenting our heroine for the visual novel project Im working on: Yumiko Shirayuki!!!

“A recent college grad returning home to the quiet countryside of Gifu after studying business in Tokyo. Despite being quite intelligent, she lacks a certaib degree of and people-skills, and is prone to narcisism  as a result of having grown up in reletive seclusion. She often comes off as abrasive, even when that isnt her intention.  Dispite her difficult exterior, at hear she is a very kind and gentle person
She is a very driven individual and can be quite competitive at times, often displaying single-minded determination when it comes to the things she wants.

As the heroine of our story, she will be in your hands. Please do your best to see her through to happinesd in "Midsummer Daydream” coming out…… soon I hope O.o"

Promoting aside, I had a lot of fun creating this character, and the process of taking her from concept to creation has only fired me up for this project even more. Writing a female lead for an otome eroge is no small feat, but Im very happy with the end result. Its been a joy to think about all the ways her character will play out and all the situations we’ll be throwing at her. I hope you guys are just as excited as I am.